PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy

persoiranian
09-02-2009, 07:43 PM
how can i make allies and enemies using gem editor?

i know how to open the diplomacy screen but how can i manage which nation i want to play as or my allies and enemies or neutrals? confused....:confused:

persoiranian
09-03-2009, 08:38 PM
please, someone help me,
let me add another question..how could i add sky to my map!!?? the sky is black when i load the map in the game. how can i fix it?

popalu
09-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Press F6, the environment window should come up, select one of the pre-defined weather patterns and you should have sky and weather, don't change any of the settings though, as these are used for MP and cause out of sync errors when playing if they have been changed by you. I just use one of the pre-defined versions or copy one and change the copied settings to avoid issues.

In F3 mode, when you place a soldier/person/vehicle, go into the properties of the soldier/vehicle/etc on the right hand side of the screen and set the player setting (drop down box).
If you want them to be your player, set them as player 0 (usually grey), as enemies I use player 1(usually red) and for allies I usually set to player 2(green), then use the dipomacy screen to set how player 0,1 and 2 interact with each other.

In F1 mode, start the game and the soldiers set to 0 should be controlable by you, with soldiers set to 1, trying to attack you.

If you press the 0, 1, 2, etc keys on the numpad during F1 mode, you can switch between which side you control, but htis only works in the editor.

Hope that helps

persoiranian
09-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Great, thanks.