PDA

View Full Version : Cannot patch to 1.16.4!

ablaze
08-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi,
I only use the multiplayerpart of the game and 95% of the multiplayergames are now played in 1.16.4. My version 1.11.3 is blocked from playing these. I have downloaded the 1.16.4 update from digitalminds.eu page, but it cannot find my game (Steam) and defaults to folder to hardcoded folder starting with "C:\" which is not a part of my system.

I love the game, but it is extremely annoying to be blocked from most multiplayer games!

When will you release the new version through steam or make the update usable by people not having "C:" on their harddrive?

Thanks for any help or info you can provide,

Arne Cato, Norway

Morgoth
08-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi,
I only use the multiplayerpart of the game and 95% of the multiplayergames are now played in 1.16.4. My version 1.11.3 is blocked from playing these. I have downloaded the 1.16.4 update from digitalminds.eu page, but it cannot find my game (Steam) and defaults to folder to hardcoded folder starting with "C:\" which is not a part of my system.

I love the game, but it is extremely annoying to be blocked from most multiplayer games!

When will you release the new version through steam or make the update usable by people not having "C:" on their harddrive?

Thanks for any help or info you can provide,

Arne Cato, Norway

How many harddrives have you got,also if you have more than 1,cant you reinstall game on main harddrive which is where all games + patches are normaly installed.;)

ablaze
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
I have two harddrives and I cannot change their drive letters. The game is installed on the main harddrive through Steam. Your patch doesn't find it.

Can't you make a normal, ;), patch that makes be able to manually choose where my game is and install folder?

Or cooperate better with Steam so it will automatically update the game which all other games are on steam.

When will the patch become official?

Thanks

Morgoth
08-20-2009, 10:41 PM
I have two harddrives and I cannot change their drive letters. The game is installed on the main harddrive through Steam. Your patch doesn't find it.

Can't you make a normal, ;), patch that makes be able to manually choose where my game is and install folder?

Or cooperate better with Steam so it will automatically update the game which all other games are on steam.

When will the patch become official?

Thanks

Check this link,the bottom comment.:D

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4687&start=20

P.S.It's not auto updating as it's not the official release patch that your steam version will be autoupdating when its ready.

Merefield
08-24-2009, 12:58 AM
There's a VERY simple solution to this.

Don't attempt to patch the Steam installation - let that auto-update when it becomes available, leave it alone for now!

instead, copy the contents of and the men of war folder within the steam directory system to a completely separate location, say root of your programs folder.

second, download and expand the patch to a temporary directory.

Then, copy the contents of that temp folder onto the copy of your game you made in step 1.

Result - a working version of the patched game!

Just launch with "outfront_mp.exe"

Dallen9
08-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Why dont they make updates simpler! one other game i play when u log in it says installing update. (if there is one, like every 6 months)then everyone would have the same patch and newbie's wouldnt be so confused why it takes 30 minites to find someone to play 1vs1 with! ;)

Morgoth
08-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Why dont they make updates simpler! one other game i play when u log in it says installing update. (if there is one, like every 6 months)then everyone would have the same patch and newbie's wouldnt be so confused why it takes 30 minites to find someone to play 1vs1 with! ;)

Think its cos its originaly a russian game,as you know in the west when a new game comes out,or should i say before its released,you find One company say like EA to sell it for you,& so everyone gets the same version,in Russian they seem not to mind using several companys to,(exclusively),sell it,so thats why you have big patch problems.:grin:

Jack the Smack
10-13-2009, 10:04 AM
I just simply installed the patch to the random folder, then copied all the contents of that folder to my steam installation and can play online just fine.

hympyke
10-24-2009, 11:30 AM
I have the same problem... Now i reinstalled the Steam to C: and download the game again(now the C drive is the default to Steam). The game didn't start, a dll was mising(mss32.dll). I found that on the web, and copied it into the windows folder, then i got an another error :rolleyes:
So now... download from Steam in progress... wait and see.

Ok, done.... so.. I had to reinstall the steam to c: then the default steam folder will be c: too. The patch cant find the game so i had to let that to make a custom folder. When the install has finished i just copied the contents of the folder as Jack wrote earlier. In drive c: the game doesn't find the ms32.dll file, i have no idea why. So strongly recommended to install the game to drive C, didn't work from other drives to me.

Andre44
03-13-2010, 09:00 AM
don't u think these poor indians(fuckers) are sufferring from inferiority complex. frustrated minds really afraid of Islam...
Look at the face of this soldier LOLz, a pet dog of So-called indian liberalism..

Feathered_IV
03-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Hympyke, you may need to install the latest directX. Andre44, you may need medicating.