PDA

View Full Version : Patch problem..see my game cover please..NIKE-IT

martian1
08-18-2009, 02:04 PM
I bought this game from play247 but not sure what patch i need i didn't realize you had to match certain versions with certain patches.
This is the game box cover, i installed 2 patches which are

1.11.3.0 and 1.11.3.1

The patches installed ok but my son mainly plays online and he cannot get into any games as the versions are all different online, another problem is the little strengh bar showing his ping is just showing - and everygame he tries to get on he is pestered about what his ping is. Is there some other software that needs allowing through the firewall similar to punkbuster etc.
Any help much appreciated

Morgoth
08-18-2009, 09:25 PM
I bought this game from play247 but not sure what patch i need i didn't realize you had to match certain versions with certain patches.
This is the game box cover, i installed 2 patches which are

1.11.3.0 and 1.11.3.1

The patches installed ok but my son mainly plays online and he cannot get into any games as the versions are all different online, another problem is the little strengh bar showing his ping is just showing - and everygame he tries to get on he is pestered about what his ping is. Is there some other software that needs allowing through the firewall similar to punkbuster etc.
Any help much appreciated

I think yours is the International patch,there are only 3 version's of the patch 1.11.3 after all,oh & the reason your son cant get online is everyone is using the new 1.16.4 patch that came out the other day including the new Japanese army for us in Multiplayer.link here for the patch.;-)

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4687&sid=002b5a8cc515a48f0e285aba21cb3a26

P.S.In order to get the game to show you the 1.16.4 version after you download & install the new patch you have to go to your C:/Prgram Files/Aspyr/Men of War folder & run the 'exe' called 'outfront' otherwise if you use the desktop men of war icons when it starts it will say 1.11.4 & you will be incompatible with others online.

martian1
08-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Ok many thanks i will give that a go and get back to you ;)

martian1
08-19-2009, 02:21 PM
No luck..begining to think i wasted my money what a hopeless patching nighmare. I installed the 1.16.4 patch then ran the .exe 'outfront' and the version was now 1.16.4..great i thought ! Online its now showing every patch version except 1.16.4 :( now if i run it from my desktop icon my version is 1.11.4 as you said but all the online games are version 1.16.4 or 1.11.3...eh!! Whats going on.
I decided to re-install the game i have found the game distributer is '505games' so i got the 1.11.3 patch for my version but all online games are 1.16.4 to i am back to square one again :( pathetic

Zeke Wolff
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
I checked the lobby right now, and of all games, about 90% of them were 1.16.4 versions. I think that you were just unlucky if you couldn´t find a 1.16.4 game when you were logged in. Also, the version you are using yourself, ain´t showing in the lobby, ie. if you are using 1.16.4 everyone else who is using this version, will only show "---" in version. If they have another version number, then it means that you can´t join that game.

~Zeke.

Morgoth
08-19-2009, 06:06 PM
No luck..begining to think i wasted my money what a hopeless patching nighmare. I installed the 1.16.4 patch then ran the .exe 'outfront' and the version was now 1.16.4..great i thought ! Online its now showing every patch version except 1.16.4 :( now if i run it from my desktop icon my version is 1.11.4 as you said but all the online games are version 1.16.4 or 1.11.3...eh!! Whats going on.
I decided to re-install the game i have found the game distributer is '505games' so i got the 1.11.3 patch for my version but all online games are 1.16.4 to i am back to square one again :( pathetic

It wont show a 1.16.4 patch version online if you have 1.16.4,cos all those players its shows as not having no version type are 1.16.4,it only shows version type of yours right at the top,& version's that is different to yours,just like zeke said.:grin:

martian1
08-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Ok thanks guys so you are saying if i re-install the 1.16.4 patch it will be fine for my version ? It did install ok last time.
My other issue which has never been an issue with other online games is ping problems and the health or strength bar in this game the ping is crazy upto 300 and the strength bar is showing..well no strength at all just - so kicked all the time :(
I do know with some games you need to allow software through firewall to enable it to play correctly for example punkbuster on cod 4 & 5 etc am i missing something :confused: . With COD my ping is around 65 so i cannot understand the leap to over 300 ! are all the servers for this game in the states or further ?

Thanks guys

Morgoth
08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Ok thanks guys so you are saying if i re-install the 1.16.4 patch it will be fine for my version ? It did install ok last time.
My other issue which has never been an issue with other online games is ping problems and the health or strength bar in this game the ping is crazy upto 300 and the strength bar is showing..well no strength at all just - so kicked all the time :(
I do know with some games you need to allow software through firewall to enable it to play correctly for example punkbuster on cod 4 & 5 etc am i missing something :confused: . With COD my ping is around 65 so i cannot understand the leap to over 300 ! are all the servers for this game in the states or further ?

Thanks guys

Nope,alot of people experience the same problem you talk about,excess high pin,or no ping at all showing,& your Pc performance bar showing low Pc performance,or none at all sometimes,i myself have my performance bar usually showing 3 of 4 bars,but sometimes 2 or 3 bars only,dont know why but be assured its not your Pc's problem but either gamespy or the games.But it shouldn't effect gameplay,& some people kick people for any reason,try joining UK sites we dont kick anyone usaully.:o

martian1
08-21-2009, 07:08 PM
How do i find uk sites ?

Thanks