PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice and undeads

Nemhir
08-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Hi all,
this is my first post on this forum and i want to praise this wonderful game.

I have one question :
if i remember correctly before patch 1.7 (steam) i had the possibility to sacrifice undeads such ghost and vamps but now this option is gone.

It is intended or my game is messed up? I have no mods installed; this will change alot the gameplay for me .

Thanks and sorry for the bad english (im italian)

Vilk
08-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Only living can be sacrificed, not plant/undead/golem, and that's not new to 1.7.

Nemhir
08-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the reply,

but thats strange because i saw on the forum some combos thats involve the sac and undeads and i remember (maybe wrongly) saccing phantoms/vamps :

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4428&highlight=sacrifice+vampire

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4573&highlight=sacrifice+vampire

The point is that i havent found a changelog about sac.

Thanks.

Vilk
08-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Well, at least your game isn't a mess that is on purpose.

I played some time the 1.6.4 and don't remember you can sacrifice vampire or cursed ghost. I'm not sure I even tried but I'm sure Ghost and Cursed Ghost was a favorite since 1st game and I used sacrifice a little relatively soon. It's possible that in older version that was possible. Myself I never played an older version than 1.6.4. Is the steam version was older than that?

Is anybody here have been able to sacrifice vampire and ghost with an older version of the game I wonder? Other than that it's not so rare that people think of something and post it without to try it before. Well I probably did it too. :grin:

EDIT: It's also possible that some intermediate version got a bug allowing sacrifice Vampire/Ghost.

EDIT2: A point is that sacrifice English description doesn't mention it works only on living.

EDIT3: The fan guide of version 1.6.4 doesn't mention that restriction too. Lol. Eventually my 1.7 version has an ugly bug not allowing sacrifice undead! I have the 1.6.4 version or 1.6.5 and could install it to see but well... :)

Vilk
08-15-2009, 08:20 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4428&highlight=sacrifice+vampire

This post is rather doubtful because it insists on the necessity to not kill an ancient vampire when he could transform into bat to resurrect dead. Also it make much more sense to use it with Giant that has much more life and that you can heal for the price of 1 mana.

EDIT 9999: Hey I have the 1.6.4 still installed I go try check sacrifice and undead.

EDIT 99999: Once more and certainly not the last time, I have to apologize, in 1.6.4 you can sacrifice undead. It's weird because in change logs this change isn't listed. In 1.7 retail with update I can't but now I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. :)

EDIT (I won't count): To be precise, cough cough, my 1.6.4 version isn't exactly the original but with a cdcrack to allow not use a cd. My 1.7 version is a standard retail version.

Metathron
08-15-2009, 11:00 AM
I wonder if I should update my game to 1.7? It's been at 1.6.5 for a long time. On the one hand, I'm wondering if there would be any changes for the better, but on the other, I don't want to mess up my current game or have it clash with the interface mod.

Vilk
08-15-2009, 01:13 PM
I wonder what else has been changed without to quote it in change logs.

Myself I switch from 1.6.4 directly to 1.7 but well, it could have work for me but not for someone else.

sirmathew
08-21-2009, 02:55 AM
1.7 for me is very stable while i had many computer reset problems with the previous version.
Also from what i remember i could use sacrifice on hypnotized monsters in the previous version while in 1.7 you can not do that.

But i prefer stability ;)

Vilk
08-22-2009, 05:37 PM
In 1.7 you can use sacrifice on hypnotized monster. If that's a living you can sacrifice. Well I haven't used the hypnotized spell since a long time but I'm sure for troops hypnotized by demoness or charmed by dryad.

Elwin
08-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah it works, i was using it on mage

sirmathew
08-26-2009, 03:53 AM
good to know that...
In my current game i have 3/4 of the game completed and still not hypnotize sroll :(

BB Shockwave
09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
good to know that...
In my current game i have 3/4 of the game completed and still not hypnotize sroll :(

I got a Magic Pendant that gave me the Hypnotize Spell early on (at level 7) after a not too hard fight with the keepers (Archmages, Inquisitors, Beholders and Shamans).