PDA

View Full Version : Wow, MOT is hard... but FUN!

Jason
08-13-2009, 02:47 PM
The first Death to Spies game was challenging, Moment of Truth is a lot harder. I am still on the first level (don't laugh) :oops: Everywhere you go you have to change into another uniform or they get grumpy at you. I managed to get into the SS building, then got the drivers uniform then the Pilot wanted his plane refuelled, spent some time trying to figure out what to do but yeah :confused:...

So I turned my attention to Pilot #2 and managed to knock him out and hide him in a box... then the AA gun guys got upset at me :|

This game is hard, but extremely fun :mrgreen: the attention to detail of the level is great, it certainly has come alive with all the animations - I love that in a game! Those little bit of unique activities give the AI some sort of life in the game (Red Faction has really been the only other game I have seen that in, ... and maybe H&D2 to some extent).

persoiranian
08-13-2009, 03:24 PM
is it really that hard? are you sure you are a pro-gamer? ;):)just kidding

still i'm thinking to get the game or not:rolleyes:

AHO
08-13-2009, 11:11 PM
is it really that hard? are you sure you are a pro-gamer? ;):)just kidding

Well I'm an experienced stealth player. I played many games like:
Htman I-IV, Thief I-III, Splinter Cell etc.
But DtS is much harder, even on the easiest diff. level.

The game is it worth. Go and grab it! ;)

Hydr0xygen
08-15-2009, 11:54 PM
The first Death to Spies game was challenging, Moment of Truth is a lot harder. I am still on the first level (don't laugh) :oops: Everywhere you go you have to change into another uniform or they get grumpy at you. I managed to get into the SS building, then got the drivers uniform then the Pilot wanted his plane refuelled, spent some time trying to figure out what to do but yeah :confused:...

So I turned my attention to Pilot #2 and managed to knock him out and hide him in a box... then the AA gun guys got upset at me :|

This game is hard, but extremely fun :mrgreen: the attention to detail of the level is great, it certainly has come alive with all the animations - I love that in a game! Those little bit of unique activities give the AI some sort of life in the game (Red Faction has really been the only other game I have seen that in, ... and maybe H&D2 to some extent).

HOW do you put someone in the box ? I can't do it :S

Jason
08-16-2009, 06:14 AM
HOW do you put someone in the box ? I can't do it :S
I see Liz answered your question in the other post. You can hide bodies anywhere really. In the first level I put a body behind some barrels in a hanger, in a toilet, at the back of a building on a bed... you can leave them any where as long as no enemies patrol the area :-D

Finally beat the first level, yay! Only took me 3:53:07 with status: cleaner... whatever that means.

Boyarpunk
09-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Definitely challenging...harder than DoS 1 and MUCH harder than any Hitman game I played.

But yeah....definitely fun! :cool:

robbo3166
09-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Going to be getting a refund on this cheap rip off. It truly is just Hidden and Dangerous 2, dressed up in different, and completely unrealistic clothes. Seriously, H&D2 is far better and more realistic. It is just typical of 1C, I didn't realise when I first bought this game that it was 1C, if I had, I would not have bought it.

Jason
09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
robbo3166, as owner of hidden-and-dangerous.net I totally disagree, it is very different from H&D2 is so many different ways. H&D is squad-based tactical. This is single player, stealth strategy. It does feel like it, but gameplay wise its just a 3d version of Commandos 2. It does stand on it's own taking from some of the best games around. 1C make some very original and great games.

AHO
10-06-2009, 09:30 AM
OK, I could not wait until german localized version, so I bought and played
MoT in English. :)

What I like:

Same athmosphere/ambience like in main game
Enhanced graphics
New visual effects
New features (punch from front, send soldiers with you etc.)
In-Level cut scenes
Dialog speech of NPCs
Correct german speech (only new ones)
Enhanced textures of NPCs from main game
Great missions
etc. etc. etc.
What I do not like:

Still spelling and grammer errors in german speech
(the ones, which were there in main game).
Spelling and grammer errors on textures
Boring cutscenes
The new look of Strogov, he looks more like a contract killer
than a soviet spy.
Less Ambient music
Strange Ending
Disturbing visual effects in main and ingame menus
Strange ending
Same NPCs from main game
Too many clones e.g. US agents
Loading screens (they're just wall papers)
Too short...
etc. etc. etc.
This question goes out to officials: Will there be a german localized version?!
If not, I will start an unoffical one! So please let me know, because
I don't wanna work for nothing....

Shega
10-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Hello AHO,
Thanks for response!
At the moment there are no planes for the localized German version of MOT.

Liz Shaw
10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
So this means you'll start an MoT Enhancement Addon, then?:) I replaced the reused German voice clips from DtS with the ones from the Enhancement Addon, so it's no problem.

Another thing I've done is replacing "muz_ger_6" with "muz2_ger_loop" (Panzerlied), because the former was basically a slower version of "muz_ger_7" (Panzer Rollen In Afrika).

I have some concerns about MoT too...

There are more armed civilians in MoT than there were in DtS.
Some of the British and American voice clips don't seem to have the right tone of voice.
In "Polish Surprise", three of the women in the main hall have the model of one of the British civilians from the DtS mission "Hotel".
Some of the German helferinnen carry guns, others don't - this didn't happen in DtS, when every one of them carried guns.

AHO
10-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Hello AHO,
Thanks for response!
At the moment there are no planes for the localized German version of MOT.

What do you mean with "at the moment" ? ;) Perhaps in far future?

So this means you'll start an MoT Enhancement Addon, then?

Slow down my friend :) Definitely no. I'm just thinking about an "Unofficial German Localization Mod".

BTW, isn't a MoT Enhancement Mod somthing for you?

Liz Shaw
10-07-2009, 09:12 AM
BTW, isn't a MoT Enhancement Mod somthing for you?

Don't know how to edit textures...

AHO
10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Don't know how to edit textures...
...never worked with Photoshop or something like that?
There are good tutorials on web... ;)

Jason
10-07-2009, 01:44 PM
...never worked with Photoshop or something like that?
There are good tutorials on web... ;)
Care to provide any links? I have never found any good texture tutorials, or books for that matter :confused:

AHO
10-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Care to provide any links? I have never found any good texture tutorials, or books for that matter :confused:

I don't remember the links, but perhaps you can find something
useful here:

http://www.moddb.com/tutorials

PS: You can also find some with Google, if you use good key words like "skinning tutorial", Bumpmaps, Normal Maps, Modding Tutorial etc.

Update://
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_computer_game_modification (See links at the end of the article)

---------------
Update II:
I started my work on translating MoT to German, shall I open a new thread for it? Is anybody interested in following my progress?

Liz Shaw
10-18-2009, 05:02 AM
How do I actually edit DtS textures in Photoshop eg. changing the hair color of the German helferinnen to yellow?

AHO
10-18-2009, 06:53 PM
How do I actually edit DtS textures in Photoshop eg. changing the hair color of the German helferinnen to yellow?

Do you have 1. Photoshop 2. The DDS Import/Export plugin?

Liz Shaw
10-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Do you have 1. Photoshop 2. The DDS Import/Export plugin?

Where do I find the DDS Import/Export plugin?

AHO
10-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Where do I find the DDS Import/Export plugin?

You can find the freeware plugin at nVidia's developer site:
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html

I also add a modified version of the female german soldier to
attachement so you can see what to do.

Liz Shaw
10-19-2009, 10:59 AM
How did you separate the hair and the eyes into different layers?

AHO
10-19-2009, 11:33 AM
How did you separate the hair and the eyes into different layers?

You have to select and cut out them. But I dunno how this options
are called in English. I've got the German version of PS.

In German its called "Polygon Lasso". with this tool you select the part
of the pic you wanna cut out.

After that you select from context menĂ¼ (right click!) "copy as layer" or
similar.

Then you receive the copy of what you selected before.

To Edit the colors etc. I prefer "Color Balancing", but you can also
use "Hue & Saturation".

Brightness and Contrast is often useful too...

Good luck :)

Liz Shaw
10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
I've got something else on my mind! I want to replace three of the women in the auditorium in "Polish Surprise" from one of the Hotel civilians (who are otherwise reused in "Dora") to a German helferin with a second head (apparently, Haggard Games added a second GermanFrau head).

AHO
10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I've got something else on my mind! I want to replace three of the women in the auditorium in "Polish Surprise" from one of the Hotel civilians (who are otherwise reused in "Dora") to a German helferin with a second head.

I see. I told you before (you remember), how to create a new NPC?

(apparently, Haggard Games added a second GermanFrau head).
Yes, I can confirm that. There is a second face.