PDA

View Full Version : Sept 8 WWII flight showdown is off. HOE delayed to Sept 22nd

dennis580
08-12-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Heroes%20Over%20Europe

Well this changes things. I was leaning towards HOE when they were both scheduled for Sept 8th, but now that BOP is coming out a full 2 weeks ahead of HOE I am certainly now leaning towards BOP.

Really I am bored, and there is nothing else that interests me between now, and then, and with BOP moved up to Sept 8th, and HOE moved back to Sept 22nd that is a pretty big deal.

If BOP's arcade mode gets solid reviews then they will probably have my $50 as chances are with HOE being delayed to Sept 22nd(Europe Sept 18th) there won't be any reviews for it out yet by the time BOP is released.

guiltyspark
08-12-2009, 10:34 PM
i actually want this person to die IRL

Soviet Ace
08-12-2009, 10:41 PM
i actually want this person to die IRL

I certainly won't stop you.

xNikex
08-12-2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Heroes%20Over%20Europe

Well this changes things. I was leaning towards HOE when they were both scheduled for Sept 8th, but now that BOP is coming out a full 2 weeks ahead of HOE I am certainly now leaning towards BOP.

Really I am bored, and there is nothing else that interests me between now, and then, and with BOP moved up to Sept 8th, and HOE moved back to Sept 22nd that is a pretty big deal.

If BOP's arcade mode gets solid reviews then they will probably have my $50 as chances are with HOE being delayed to Sept 22nd(Europe Sept 18th) there won't be any reviews for it out yet by the time BOP is released.

You only wanted HOE(pun anybody?) because it was coming out sooner?

If you only want to play arcade, BoP has a mode for it and the Campaign will DEFINATELY be more fun and larger. Plus, I'm sure that your average casual gamer may play on Arcade mode too, so I wouldn't worry about multiplayer.

ryan2107
08-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Delay BOP to the 22nd and put in German cockpits!

dennis580
08-12-2009, 10:53 PM
No I was still leaning toward HOE even when both games were scheduled for Sept 8, but now with HOE being delayed til Sept 22nd that means BOP is coming out a full 2 weeks sooner. So it will have 1st shot at my $50, and like I said I am bored anyway as there is currently nothing I want to play, and nothing out between now, and Sept 8th. So basically if the reviewers say BOP's arcade mode is solid, and the SP campaign is solid then BOP will get my $50 over HOE.

Soviet Ace
08-12-2009, 11:09 PM
No I was still leaning toward HOE even when both games were scheduled for Sept 8, but now with HOE being delayed til Sept 22nd that means BOP is coming out a full 2 weeks sooner. So it will have 1st shot at my $50, and like I said I am bored anyway as there is currently nothing I want to play, and nothing out between now, and Sept 8th. So basically if the reviewers say BOP's arcade mode is solid, and the SP campaign is solid then BOP will get my $50 over HOE.

From what I've seen, HOE (:rolleyes:) has little to no fan base. And I mean little, I've seen nothing that shows HOE being a good WW2 game. Unlike BoP, which has several good video's showing the game play. If you want a better scenario to test your flight skills, and have a better game play experience, it shouldn't be a contest between which comes first.

(Of course this is coming from someone who has the Demo, and highly enjoyed it. Thnx by the way everyone who put work into the game ;-))

From what I've seen, HOE will not have their planes, handle like the real thing. If you want any detail and realize to your plane, the choice should be obvious. Playing this little game of just getting attention is just sad and childish. If you want HOE so bad, then I suggest you go onto the HOE forums (Does it even exist?) and talk to others. But this is about Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, we're not interested in HOE, and its weak arcade. BoP will have a much better arcade, and more to do and more intricate detail to the planes and controls.

So please, I'm asking you to quit annoying many of us with your constant pop-ups of BoP vs HOE. It's not interesting, just annoying.

dennis580
08-13-2009, 12:12 AM
I suggest you go onto the HOE forums (Does it even exist?) and talk to others.

Yea it exists.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=6961076977&m=3921075087&r=4661001187#4661001187

Soviet Ace
08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
It was rhetorical.

monyetension
08-13-2009, 01:11 AM
hmm...there are only one thing i can say, judge for yourself.....*sigh*

XY5GEuZp2E0VSU3SpB16qnK4

GabeFan
08-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the update Dennis!
Any news on this game having cockpit views? I haven't seen any in the screen shots yet...

trk29
08-13-2009, 03:55 AM
Moved to other topics.

Nokturnal
08-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Not interested in either titles, but being bored at work i felt it necessary to waste a bit of time by pointing out: HOE is a gardening utensil...You have all been giggling at a "pun" that does not exist. :rolleyes:

dandymountfarto
08-15-2009, 01:01 PM
er...in its defence, heroes over europe DOES have MK1 spitfires and hurricanes?

(this has been a tongue in cheek comment for any who are about to go off on one)

OntheCrab
08-18-2009, 08:18 PM
er...in its defence, heroes over europe DOES have MK1 spitfires and hurricanes?

(this has been a tongue in cheek comment for any who are about to go off on one)

Yeah, but their BoB planes have D-Day invasion stripes on them.

Presumably to look cool.
haha historical fail

juz1
08-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Not interested in either titles, but being bored at work i felt it necessary to waste a bit of time by pointing out: HOE is a gardening utensil...You have all been giggling at a "pun" that does not exist. :rolleyes:

In modern day Etymological Parlance "HOE" is a "biatch" that one might "own" if one is "keepin it real " in "da hood "with ones "pimpin" and "shit"...."word".

"Flyin a HOE" probably involves throwing the aforementioned "biatch" out the third storey window of a "crack house" if she "dises yo shit" with her lack of "green"..."know what I'm sayin" "me Homie?"

Courtesy of monstrous displacement activities 1O1...
________
Iolite reviews (http://vaporizers.net/iolite-vaporizer)

Nokturnal
08-26-2009, 10:15 PM
In modern day Etymological Parlance "HOE" is a "biatch" that one might "own" if one is "keepin it real " in "da hood "with ones "pimpin" and "shit"...."word".

"Flyin a HOE" probably involves throwing the aforementioned "biatch" out the third storey window of a "crack house" if she "dises yo shit" with her lack of "green"..."know what I'm sayin" "me Homie?"

Courtesy of monstrous displacement activities 1O1...

I like the effort you put in here, however you just described the meaning of the word "ho" which is what the people thought they were laughing at..and what i corrected. So sort of a waste of time, but as i said, nice effort :P.

However i must point out that those kind of "thugs" wouldn't be associated with flying planes (much less WW2 planes) as they are far too busy trying to rhyme various words with toast or something equally random, so they can come up with a new single and have 7 of their friends have a cameo apperance by uttering one word.

juz1
08-30-2009, 12:14 AM
So sort of a waste of time, but as i said, nice effort :P.

as I said - displacement activity 101

as for toast-

roast
boast
coast
inner most

moreover I was referring more to "pimpin" than "gangbanging" hence less words like beef, strap, grip, nine, and melonfarmer...

as for world war two and shit... observe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGp4DvFEgh8&feature=fvsr
________
MERCEDES-BENZ W136 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W136)