PDA

View Full Version : Soviet Sub

Majerbludd
08-12-2009, 12:10 PM
For the life of me I cant get the sub open..I have done what other thread say to do..but it never opens.the padlock symbol shows up i clic it on the back hatch(which is the only hatch the padlock appears for)and nothing happens.Does it show the torch cutting?does it take a long time? please help.

tharawdeal
08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
If I remeber correctly, you have to fetch the torch from near where the German vehicle is being repaired, then have your man drag it near the right-most hatch on the U-boat. At this point, you should stop dragging the torch. If you put the mouse over the hatch (with your soldier and the torch nearby), it should show the padlock symbol. Then click to have the soldier start using the torch. Yes, there is an animation that shows the soldier using the torch, sparks flying and all that. It does take quite a long time. Prepare to defend your position--you will need to have some soldiers providing covering fire for the man operating the torch. Make sure you have AT capability, and preferably at least one MG. Using the deck guns on the U-boat is also a good strategy. It took some doing, but I managed it with 3 or 4 guys (they were the only ones alive at that point).

KnightFandragon
12-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Soo there is supposed to be the welding machine and a blow torch for it? where does the torch come from? ive found the welding machine but then I drag the apparatus over and it wont work, I inspected the guy who was using it and he didnt have it, I highlighted items on the ground and couldnt find it.....

ehlokeay
12-31-2009, 10:22 AM
Soo there is supposed to be the welding machine and a blow torch for it? where does the torch come from? ive found the welding machine but then I drag the apparatus over and it wont work, I inspected the guy who was using it and he didnt have it, I highlighted items on the ground and couldnt find it.....

No, just the welding machine. Make sure you drag it close to the hatch door (I used Direct Control to do it) and "drop" it by using the space bar, as you would do with an AT gun to fire, for example (I had the problem at the beginning).

KnightFandragon
01-11-2010, 04:34 AM
Lolz, ive done this mission a few times since then and it seems Alexey Kuznetsov has to be the one toget the welder and take it to the sub...you then get him off the welder select him then hover over the port hole you have to cut and you will get the padlock thing