PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Tank Shells

isca
08-03-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm new. All apologies as per usual.

I was playing the 2nd Russian mission. Wanted to get some more shells for my Russian light tank. Wasn't sure what the procedure is.

I tried picking the shells up, clicking use item, then clicking. The manual says it's like checking dead bodies, but I couldn't get the EYE icon to come up on the tank.

Help.........

Many thanks.

Nokturnal
08-03-2009, 01:59 PM
You must keep in mind that tanks and artillery only fire the one specific round, whether it's a 75mm, 40mm etc.. You will have to be sure you are re-stocking with the right size.

Best way i've found to do this is by finding enemy (or allied) tanks that have been destroyed, when you hover your mouse over it you can find out what shells it fires. Then press "x" to examine (the eye icon) and then you need to transfer the shells from one vehicle's inventory to the other with infantry.
You can also sometimes find them stored in crates.

KiloAlpha4
08-09-2009, 05:56 PM
as he said pressing x and click on a object works best ( but sometimes doesn't ) and can be done for most unit to unit transfers otherwise your man is going to be running ragged if your doing it manually like that.

Nokturnal
08-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Well another option is to get a squad to a crate/enemy vehicle where there will be dozens of shells, select the entire squad and go to the object and take as many as possible and it will distribute them amongst all your men equally and you then might only need to make one trip..But will still have to unload all the shells from each individual unit.

tharawdeal
08-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Well another option is to get a squad to a crate/enemy vehicle where there will be dozens of shells, select the entire squad and go to the object and take as many as possible and it will distribute them amongst all your men equally and you then might only need to make one trip..But will still have to unload all the shells from each individual unit.

I think this only works when transferring from a crate with shells in it, not when taking shells from one vehicle to another, IIRC. I have tried using the "take all" (<<) button on the shells in a vehicle, but it didn't move any rounds to the selected soldier's inventory, even if he had space to carry them, and didn't distribute any shells to the squad. This may be a bug.

Janz
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Some tanks/vehicles wont give the eye if u press "X" or examine.
This is for really burnt out stuff...most do work....

Try my fav - drive up to a broken vehicle with your tank/jeep/other and then click "X" and transfer all over...

Oh...clicking transfer all don't always work! Double click it - that usually does it...else nothing and it's a manual drag em over.

Nother tip if using the far easier vehicle to vehicle/crate method - if you are scared of trashing/crushing the e.g. crate, parallel move alongside it [next to it], then sloooowly rotate your e.g. tank towards the crate [stop n "X" as you progress] - soon it will show the inventories and you have the goodies.

I prefer to use the jeep as you scoot over bodies and gather like mad as they don't do that awful "squish-n-disappear" - then unload the jeep at my truck or tank ever so often.

A fav tip on collecting inventory...if you are not sure of time or crushing/blowing up crates then use infantry to drag all the contents onto the ground - at least the goodies remain for later - or split them up between vehicles [takes time i know]

But...then...unlike my early noob method of having my single preciousssss fully loaded tank getting brewed up from the infernal "single last shot from your destroyed enemy that is frakking potent and kills you too even though the gun or tank is blowing up]

:-x...Must be Hero Heinz the flameproof gunner with ball bearings for...etc.

lol

KnightFandragon
01-03-2010, 11:11 AM
The best bet for restocking a vehicle/tank is to tell the tank to inspect the supply box and resupply it directly. However, you better direct control your vehicle and sneak it up to the box/truck slowly or the tank will floor it and smash the box....have had that happen a time or two