PDA

View Full Version : Some Answers to Questions Updated 09/09/04

Freak Of Nature
08-02-2009, 08:34 AM
It's from truckpol, originaly tranlsated by member thebandit991. I'll keep this thread updated as more news comes for those who don't visit truckpol :)

*Sleeping will not be required (it will be optional)

*Due to licensing issues there have been some changes in the pool of vehicles that will be present in the final product

*Graphics will undoubtedly be better in the finished game than in the video demonstrations we have seen thus far

*There will be greater variety of AI cars and trucks driving around in the game environment (you won't see two cars that are exactly the same driving behind one another)

*The representative alluded to the fact that it is possible to have a punctured/flat tire

*There have been a lot of changes in the game since the video demonstration from Gamespot was made

*There will be mafia in the game (further details of mechanics and what role it will play and how the player can interact were spared)

*You will not be able to get out of your truck wherever you want (you will see the driver exit the vehicle and perform some action in predetermined instances i.e fueling up, going into a bar or your company HQ)

*Questions regarding simulation mode will be addressed in the interview. However, it was stated that the player can turn off all races and simply deliver loads.

*Players will have the option of changing the way damage appears in the game (from off, to cosmetic, to full... something along those lines)

*The jerking and abrupt movements of cars involved in collisions has been fixed

*The problem with the interior view and steering wheel not turning when the truck turns has been fixed

*Players will be able to adjust mirrors

*Turn signals are functional and in certain situations using them will create a response from the AI

*Intelligent AI (the person responding to the questions described on one of the occasions that he played the game, the competitor in front of him would not let him pass by manuvering and active blocking

*One fan asked whether there will be an additional patch or addon pack that will make the game higher quality (update textures/shaders) for newer hardware and operating systems. The response from the staff there was that all this will be included in the finished game itself (so I'm guessing they are in the process of updating the shader model to 3.0 and it will work with Vista/7 and DX10)

*A question was asked in regard to wet weather conditions (rain) and the staff responded that the effect is very detailed: there will be individual puddles, drops flying off the wheels, and a trail of water will be coming off from behind the trailer like in real life

*To dispell some rumors it was officially stated that the player will NOT be able to purchase and drive vehicles other than tractors that comprise general traffic (so no Silverado, F350, or any other passenger vehicle)

*Responding staff alluded to an addon pack that will extend the map to Las Vegas, Nevada and possibly further. It is being considered and worked on at this time. Further details were spared.

*In the gameplay videos we've seen the presenter briefly open up the game's world map on several occasions. The staff on the community site is assuring that we did NOT see the full map. The full map (whether in screenshots or a new trailer) will be revealed in the next two weeks.

*The average speed of the tractors in the game is 70mph.

*The weather cycle used in the game has been taken from an actual period of time in California (possibly over a year) and this cycle will go from beginning to end and then restart with the progressions of time. In-game time will start off from January 2010 and progress forward.

yuhui2009
08-02-2009, 04:02 PM
from Where is the answer ?

Freak Of Nature
08-02-2009, 06:07 PM
from Where is the answer ?

Read everything again, and you'll find the answer :)

movo.
08-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Awesome, thanks for the answers Freak of Nature!

Freak Of Nature
08-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Awesome, thanks for the answers Freak of Nature!

Well, I'm not the one who translated them, but thanks anyway :)

Freak Of Nature
08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Here are some more answers to questions available:

1. I noticed looking at the International 9900i that it lists two different sleepers. Will we be able to change a truck's sleeper ingame?

YES

2. Will the game be shown at Igromir this year? I know the expo will occur right before the game's release. At what other events will it be shown?

It is possible, but is not a fact. It is still being debated.

3. In regard to the police: will it see every violation the player makes? Even if there were no police vehicles nearby when the player has caused an accident?

No. If there are no police vehicles in the vicinity you will not get into trouble for violating the law/crashing. However... this is true only as long as you do not just keep standing at the scene of the accident/violation... the AI traffic has the ability to report your behavior to the police.

4. Will there be other locations besides the warehouse where the player will be able to pick up a load? Will loading there be done automatically as in the warehouse or will the player be able to back up to the trailer and press "T" or some other button to connect the trailer?

The player will be able to pick up his/her own load.

5. Will the player have to purchase special permits and cargo endorsements to transport special loads (hazardous materials for example)?

I cannot reveal that just yet. Sorry.

6. How will the process of hiring drivers? Will it be the same as in Hard Truck 2 (you have to be the first to deliver a competitive load and receive a permit to hire a driver that expires)?

Yes, I think so.. but in Rig N Roll there is a complex social/communication system that awaits us, so there will be some variation.

7. Can you tell us what manufacturer's engines will be available in the game? such as Detroit Diesels, Caterpillar and the like. Will these motors each have the sound of their real world models? Like a different sound between a detroit and Cummins diesel?

I cannot go into details just now. Not because I do not want to but because it will be revealed in some sort of upcoming media (trailer/screenshot).

8. Are there more trailers than have been shown on the official website and screenshots/trailers? Is it possible to have doubles (two smaller trailers attached at once)?

Yes, there are more trailers than shown on the official site. In regard to doubles, I do not understand what you mean... can you give an example?

DaWolf
08-04-2009, 07:40 PM
are you able to see your hired drivers on the map like in king of the road and is there also a "powerbutton" if you press shift?
shift or strg (ctrl) i don´t no anymore.

Qwx
08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for bringing this information into forums, Freak Of Nature :)

are you able to see your hired drivers on the map like in king of the road and is there also a "powerbutton" if you press shift?
shift or strg (ctrl) i don´t no anymore.

If I remember it right, developers said somewhere, that there we will have Ctrl (power) button ;)

trucknisse
08-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Will you be able to smuggle illegal goods and contraband for a higher yield? (But run the risk of being caught by the police? (And try to avoid the cops))

Nike-it
08-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Will you be able to smuggle illegal goods and contraband for a higher yield? (But run the risk of being caught by the police? (And try to avoid the cops))

As far as I know, you can't.

DaWolf
08-05-2009, 11:15 AM
is the mafia-function in rignroll like it was in king of the road, (your can give them money to knock out the competitor) and could you also corrupt the police?
what´s about the cb-radio? are there other opportunitys as in king of the road?

Nike-it
08-05-2009, 12:56 PM

Was a bit wrong, mafia will be presented in the game and also some not common goods;) Can't say more now.

Qwx
08-05-2009, 12:58 PM
is the mafia-function in rignroll like it was in king of the road, (your can give them money to knock out the competitor) and could you also corrupt the police?
what´s about the cb-radio? are there other opportunitys as in king of the road?

Ooh, our junior member are all over the place :)

Please, ask all questions here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8453). Probably no one on this forum can provide you an answer to this sort of a question, so it would be better, if we would ask the developers ;)

Now lets keep the forum nice and tidy :roll:

Freak Of Nature
08-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Final system requirements were released at community site (www.rignroll.taba.ru):

Minimum:

* Operating system: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
*Processor: 2.0Ghz
*Memory/RAM: 1.0GB
*Graphics card: nVidia GeForce 5700 class with 128MB dedicated video memory
*Soundcard: DirectX compatible
*Hard drive free space: 10GB
*DirectX 9.0c

Recommended:

*Operating system: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
*Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
*Memory/RAM: 2.0GB
*Graphics card: nVidia GeForce 8800 class with 256MB dedicated video memory
*Sound card: DirectX compatible
*Hard drive free space: 10GB
* DirectX 9.0c
*Steering wheel and pedals

Information found on truckpol.

Qwx
08-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Woohoo, more info :)...

What a shocker, my system doesn't reach the recomended settings :/. Well, I have time to consider updating it :]

Freak Of Nature
08-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Some news:
Addons are already in development.

trucknisse
08-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Some news:
Addons are already in development.

Great! Any kind of info on what these updates will be?

Freak Of Nature
08-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Great! Any kind of info of what these updates will be?

All we know is that there will be 2 addons one mini addon - mission pack, second - territory expamtion with Las Vegas and it's area. Maybe more details will be available in the upcoming interviews.

digit
08-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Why can't they just finish what they are about to release, then start working on the future addons

Whiskey
08-18-2009, 10:13 AM
maybe the person who does the addons didn't work looking for bugs and fixing them

Freak Of Nature
08-18-2009, 02:56 PM
One more answer to question:

Q: Is it posible to detach trailer in the middle of road? Will it be posible to attach it again, or it will be removed?

A: Yes, it's posible to detach trailer as well as to attach it again, but if you don't do this in awhile, trailer will be transported. And if you were caring goods at that time, compensation will be deducted.

Sorry for little updates, I'm using online translators, so translation is pretty hard to understand, even harder to translate it to english.

Whiskey
08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
one of the best new info we received

Freak Of Nature
08-18-2009, 06:02 PM
one of the best new info we received

Glad you like it :)

Qwx
08-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Freak Of Nature, you're doing great job ;). Thanks for all the updates.

yuhui2009
08-26-2009, 09:31 AM
In the game, from north to south length of 100 km

trucknisse
08-27-2009, 07:21 AM
In the game, from north to south length of 100 km

Wow, that was a new question.

Flagman_20
08-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post a question, but I will anyway since, even though this question has been awnsered many times, the awnser is still rather ambiguous IMHO:

How realistic is the transmittion? And I don't mean whether it's compatible with the H-shifter in the G25, as that's already been awnsered. I mean whether there will be a splitter and HI-LO range button. Or will they just ditch it and make all the trucks a 6-speed (which I really hope not)?

Whiskey
08-27-2009, 03:55 PM
As far as I know, it's only 6 gears. Hope for a Hi-Lo button

drexit
08-27-2009, 04:18 PM

Me too ;)

pook
08-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Maybe it SoftLab has ever seen: D I do not get 6 gears in trucks or in the arcade mod: D You may need to see as this. And this would go well with G25! Buttons are there enough of that ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrYhliHTdio

Freak Of Nature
09-04-2009, 04:33 AM
Some questions have been answered and posted on truckpol:

1.) If the player crashes into something with the front of the truck will it be possible to damage the cooling system (radiator) causing the truck to overheat?

A: Yes

2.) Will we be able to name our company or will it always be "Nick's Trucking"? And will we be able to put special company logos on our trucks and those of our hired drivers like in D2?

A: Company name will always be Nick's Trucking

3.) How realistic is the acceleration of the trucks in the game? Will the truck accelerate slower with a loaded trailer attached?

A: 3.1 It is hard to describe everything in detail
A: 3.2 Yes

4.) Will we have to pay tolls at locations such as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco?

A: No

5.) We know that the AI drivers can report us to the police if we break the law/crash... but can we (the players) report drivers who cause accidents/crash into us to the police?

A: Maybe

6.) Will there be truck weight stations along the highway where the trucks will have to stop to be weighed and recieve a ticket if they are over the weight limit? (California has a lot of these stations in real life)

A: No. In the game, there will be special lanes on the highway on which trucks are allowed to drive

7.) Will there be rock chips on the windshield (from gravel or loose rocks flying from other cars/trucks? And if yes, will the cracks get bigger over time so that you will have to replace the whole windshield?

A: It is posible

8.) Since the game has a Russian main character it is only logical that he will want to listen to Russian music (to remind him of home ). What music will be in the game? And will there be songs from the band Aria? (it was awesome in Hard Truck 2)

A: Of course.

Flagman_20
09-04-2009, 11:00 AM

Well, I sure hope not.
Or else this would really be the final nail in Rig n'Roll 's coffin. At least as far as I'm concerned. And since I haven't got an awnser from an admin, I can only guess you're telling the truth.

One dissappointment after the other, that's the way of the Rig 'n' Roll.

Towmanjt
09-06-2009, 03:11 AM
Well, I sure hope not.
Or else this would really be the final nail in Rig n'Roll 's coffin. At least as far as I'm concerned. And since I haven't got an awnser from an admin, I can only guess you're telling the truth.

One dissappointment after the other, that's the way of the Rig 'n' Roll.

Really sad to hear you say that... considering this is the first truck simulator to even offer an h shifter at all. I drive a 6 speed eaton in real life, so this 6 speed h shifter should be just fine. Ill admit, driving an 8 or 10 speed is a little more skilled and fun but hey, something is better than nothing, and shifting 6 gears is way more fun then clicking a button up 10 times.

Whiskey
09-06-2009, 07:14 PM
I remember that in King of the Road you could change to any gear by pressing 1-9 keys.

With a logitech controller you can set a button for Hi-Lo gears

drexit
09-12-2009, 02:18 PM
I don´t know if I can post it here, but I will do it :grin: What´s new about new trailer? Because it´s 2 weeks ago when were send tips what can be in trailer. And trailer is not released. I think it´s too long now.

Freak Of Nature
09-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Developers are still making the new trailer as well as second interview wich will be released pretty soon I think. I think this time tjey want to make really great and amazing trailer, wich are not made in just seceral days :)

Whiskey
09-12-2009, 07:04 PM
A new trailer with engine sounds should have been released with the interview but for whatever reason was slightly delayed. It is possible that it is ready and just needs to be published.

Posted yesterday (09/11/09)

Freak Of Nature
09-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Well I don't think so, interview was finished even earlier than it was published, so video in no way could have been released with that interview, It may be released with the second one :)

drexit
09-13-2009, 09:41 AM
OK. And. Do you know how long trailer will be (in minutes)?

Freak Of Nature
09-13-2009, 10:31 AM
OK. And. Do you know how long trailer will be (in minutes)?
Only developers know that :D

drexit
09-13-2009, 02:05 PM
OK, but I think that it don´t have to be a secret :grin::grin:

Whiskey
09-14-2009, 10:26 AM
I found another bug in one of the new screens.
http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=image&image_id=2490&fn=i/18s.jpg (Hi res (http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=file_id&file_id=118&action=get&fn=rnr_scr09092.zip))

The image in the right side mirror should have the exhaust at the left and the road in the right. But in the screen shot it's almost the same image as the left side mirror.

I am missing something or this is a real bug?

flykas
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
yeah looks like a bug

drexit
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes. I think it too.

trucknisse
09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
I found another bug in one of the new screens.
http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=image&image_id=2490&fn=i/18s.jpg (Hi res (http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=file_id&file_id=118&action=get&fn=rnr_scr09092.zip))

The image in the right side mirror should have the exhaust at the left and the road in the right. But in the screen shot it's almost the same image as the left side mirror.

I am missing something or this is a real bug?

Definitely.