PDA

View Full Version : Hey, it's a great game!

weatherman
08-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi there!

I've just finished the game (bought via Steam a few days ago) and I must say I was quite nicely surprised - the game isn't that hard (ok, ok I cheated! godmode=1), always makes it apparent where to go (with one or two exceptions), the story and feel are right and it's generally enjoyable.

Being a mobile game developer myself, I can only say -- keep up the good work, you guys!
Pavel

BelligerentBill
08-02-2009, 08:55 PM
First off, what's the point in playing a game if you have to cheat? If you want a run through no skill no brainpower, go rent a fcking movie and make some popcorn.

Secondly, these guys didn't really do 'good' work. They stamped out a game as fast as they could just to stuff their pockets.

Faster hardware (evolution of hardware) should not be used to compensate for a lack of motivation within a development studio. I.E. no multicore support. Physx only implemented because they were PAID to implement it. They pushed this game out the door and forgot about it entirely. Nevermind the fact that gamers with gaming computers get to play the game at 10 fps. As long as it loads up is all they care about. Trick them into buying it with a properly functioning tech demo, collect $$$, pi$$ on end user since $$ is already theirs.... head to bar.

Xiaopang
08-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Faster hardware (evolution of hardware) should not be used to compensate for a lack of motivation within a development studio. I.E. no multicore support. Physx only implemented because they were PAID to implement it. They pushed this game out the door and forgot about it entirely.

Yes and just being able to state your opinion shouldn't compensate for actually using your brain to base it on more than ignorance and hearsay...

You are the perfect example for all these dopes that I rant about in my Performance Mod thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8672). Apparently you lack the knowledge to even check what you're writing or you would have realized that it is complete nonsense. And sure, if a company wants to see a special feature why not take money from them, or do you work for free?? What do you expect? An attitude like a big game studio such as id games or Valve? Also, as far as I have been able to tell, the game's physx-features not just work well, but they also do so on ATI-cards. So where's the problem again of having an extra feature like this?

The fact that the devs released a patch that fixed tons of bugs proves that they did more than just shoving out the game and turning their back on it...After all, this isn't EA and the game is not Spore...just to name an example where that actually happened with a huge title of the biggest publisher...

steelsix
08-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Yes and just being able to state your opinion shouldn't compensate for actually using your brain to base it on more than ignorance and hearsay...

You are the perfect example for all these dopes that I rant about in my Performance Mod thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8672). Apparently you lack the knowledge to even check what you're writing or you would have realized that it is complete nonsense. And sure, if a company wants to see a special feature why not take money from them, or do you work for free?? What do you expect? An attitude like a big game studio such as id games or Valve? Also, as far as I have been able to tell, the game's physx-features not just work well, but they also do so on ATI-cards. So where's the problem again of having an extra feature like this?

The fact that the devs released a patch that fixed tons of bugs proves that they did more than just shoving out the game and turning their back on it...After all, this isn't EA and the game is not Spore...just to name an example where that actually happened with a huge title of the biggest publisher...

Oh look, someone complaining about the game which leads to Xiopang insulting him, only to promote his performance mod. And oh look, the user is banned now. Interesting patterns here. My own post was removed, another thread I commented in gets locked, and I get a warning from the mods. Perhaps I missed the section where you can voice your opinions about this game and not be attacked by a fanboi or harrassed/banned? Intimidation? Censorship?

nVidia PhysX got this game the publicity it needed. A bag of poop is what I bought. Yet here's this character on their forum ranting about turning detail levels down because the game is so awesome that super high end hardware can't even run it. ;-)

//You can share your opinion but not with such offence and not in every topic
About user banned it posted much offensive posts and wrote about piracy - Elwin

secondlanguage
08-25-2009, 08:27 PM
I"ve got all my settings on high and the gameplay is silky smooth.

Boyarpunk
08-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Just wanna put my two cents in to say I thoroughly enjoyed Cryostasis. It was nice change of pace from the usual mindless spray and pray FPSs out there.

And I have what would be defined as a mid-level PC, and the game ran smoothly on near-highest settings with nary a crash, bug or framerate drop.
Maybe I was lucky!

ShadowMan
08-30-2009, 07:09 AM
I like the game, something about being in the cold Arctic Ocean on a Derelict ship is interesting. 8)

RavenMaster
09-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh look, someone complaining about the game which leads to Xiopang insulting him, only to promote his performance mod. And oh look, the user is banned now. Interesting patterns here. My own post was removed, another thread I commented in gets locked, and I get a warning from the mods. Perhaps I missed the section where you can voice your opinions about this game and not be attacked by a fanboi or harrassed/banned? Intimidation? Censorship?

nVidia PhysX got this game the publicity it needed. A bag of poop is what I bought. Yet here's this character on their forum ranting about turning detail levels down because the game is so awesome that super high end hardware can't even run it. ;-)

//You can share your opinion but not with such offence and not in every topic
About user banned it posted much offensive posts and wrote about piracy - Elwin

Indeed the game has plenty of flaws at the moment but lots of potential. If the Devs give it a full multi-core support patch im sure it would run smoothly. It really does irk me that they would release it without multi-core support in the first place in this day and age.

64-bit OS's are quickly becoming the norm as gamers choose them so that they can utilize all their RAM.

As you can see from my sig. i have 3x GTX 260's with an i7 CPU and still this game runs incredibly slow for me in certain points of the game. It stutters a lot too which is silly really considering that i can play Crysis on High setting with 1920x1080 res/4x AA/v-sync on/64-bit mode and still get an average of 50fps (37fps minimum).

If i try to play Cryostasis with shader model 4.0 at any res the game is virtually unplayable because of such massive frame rate drops. If i play the game with shader model 3.0 the game plays smoother but still stutters a fair bit. This really should not be happening.