PDA

View Full Version : Playing Space Rangers 2 in widescreen resolution?

agtmorbidas
07-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi I need help!

Just installed SR2 which I bought from Impulse but after running the game, I realised that the game can only be set at either 800x600 or 1024x768. Both of which will not fill up my monitor screen and have these ugly and distracting black borders at the sides of the screen.

I'm using a gtx 260 with a LG Flatron W1943S with a native resolution of 1360x768. Is there any way to increase the game resolution or at least, make it fill up my monitor screen wholly?

Thanks in advance!

Nike-it
08-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Hi I need help!

Just installed SR2 which I bought from Impulse but after running the game, I realised that the game can only be set at either 800x600 or 1024x768. Both of which will not fill up my monitor screen and have these ugly and distracting black borders at the sides of the screen.

I'm using a gtx 260 with a LG Flatron W1943S with a native resolution of 1360x768. Is there any way to increase the game resolution or at least, make it fill up my monitor screen wholly?

Thanks in advance!
Contact our support team with this issue (support@1cpublishing.eu)

jake21
09-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I tried that since I had a similar issue; support said widescreen is not supported; I should mention for the other poster - most wide screen monitors (and tvs) (mine does) have an option to stretch the image to fill the entire screen. I *think* some adapters have the ability to do similar. Usually it is obvious but sometimes they have it under werid names like 1:1 dot pitch

Contact our support team with this issue (support@1cpublishing.eu)

Voyager
09-22-2009, 02:02 AM
If you are just looking to fill the screen, and aren't picky about aspect ratio, you can go to the nVidia Control panel, and select the "Adjust desktop size and position" menu, and change the option to either "Use nVidia scaling" or "Use my display's built in scaling".

These should fill your display. However, they won't preserve your aspect ratio, so expect everything to be more than a bit stretched. I'm invariably thrying to figure out how to get it to stop stretching the desktop, myself.

jake21
09-22-2009, 06:03 PM
To stop stretching you dont' turn on adapter scalar and you set your tv (or monitor) to either 4:3 or pixel mapping 1:1

If you are just looking to fill the screen, and aren't picky about aspect ratio, you can go to the nVidia Control panel, and select the "Adjust desktop size and position" menu, and change the option to either "Use nVidia scaling" or "Use my display's built in scaling".

These should fill your display. However, they won't preserve your aspect ratio, so expect everything to be more than a bit stretched. I'm invariably thrying to figure out how to get it to stop stretching the desktop, myself.

Voyager
09-23-2009, 07:17 AM
To stop stretching you dont' turn on adapter scalar and you set your tv (or monitor) to either 4:3 or pixel mapping 1:1

One of the joyful little issues of the GeForce 8800 series is, in order to accommodate DRM in XP, they have to force overscan correction off in XP. You can enable it by running a macro you can get from nVidia, but it requires a reboot. It also doesn't stick through a sleep cycle, and any time you run any DRM controlled content, it resets everything back to overscan correction off.

Well then, let him go.
But he won't let me let him go!

Mendeli
01-16-2010, 07:01 PM
ahem:

space rangers 2 in 1920x1200

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7539/sr2shot1200p.jpg

I dunno if people would like to pay to get this fix. PM if you want it :)

jake21
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Bit confused; are you going to tell us how to resolve this issue (play space ranger in wide screen) ?

ahem:

space rangers 2 in 1920x1200

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7539/sr2shot1200p.jpg

I dunno if people would like to pay to get this fix. PM if you want it :)

cephun
05-10-2010, 01:33 AM
you can play the rts mode in 1920. to do that go to the cfg file in the install folder. halfway down you will see the robot values, and look for robotresolution and change it to RobotResolution=1920,1080. you can't do anything for space or the menus since those parts are sprite based, and the rts mode is in 3d. enjoy

jake21
05-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks! I should note that after a lot of searching I found a patch that was said to make the russian version work in WS mode (all aspect of the game). However, there was another thread that hinted that it did not work on the english version so rather than risk a virus I decided to not try the patch. The threads were in russian (used google to translate) so not 100% sure on accuracy. Appears the game is very popular in (even today) in Russia. Also I saw hint of a space rangers 3 in progress. It sounded like the company folded after space ranger 2 because parts wanted to do multiplayer and other parts wanted to do single player version 3. The new company (which wanted to do single player games) then made KBL and KBAP and now it is rumored they are working on a space range 3 (single player) under a new product name since the old company owns the old product name. Caveat this is all translation of russian forums with google so it is possible i misunderstood or the translator was confused.
-
Anyways it does sound like for russian players there is a fan made patch for WS out there that probably does not work on the engilsh version.
--
Actually now my hopes are dashed. Reading the developer website forum (again using google to translate) it sounds like they are working on an unannounced multi-player game of some sort to be announced in the fall :(

you can play the rts mode in 1920. to do that go to the cfg file in the install folder. halfway down you will see the robot values, and look for robotresolution and change it to RobotResolution=1920,1080. you can't do anything for space or the menus since those parts are sprite based, and the rts mode is in 3d. enjoy

uk_john
07-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Agree with othr poster, most widescreen LCD computer srceens have an option to play fullscreen. I have it set ( little buttons underneath the right hand side of monitor by the green power light) and can play everything from Fallout 1 640x480 (1997) to Space Rangers 2 Reboot (2009) at 1024x768 to Fallout 3 at 1290x1024 all at fullscreen!

Valis
01-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Just bumping this thread to inform that there is a SR2 Resolution Patch supporting Widescreen resolutions, available here (http://starmind.3dn.ru/rangers_progs.html). It's still actively developed, so if anyone it's good to report any kind of issues to the developer directly. English Instructions & e-mail adress of author are included in the 7zip package.

uk_john
01-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the bump and the link Valis - nice one!!! :)