PDA

View Full Version : Modding

Meep129
07-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey, this is a great game with excellent mods, but how do you do it? Is there some sort of downloadable program i need to use? Or is it in the game?

CTS
07-31-2009, 08:11 AM
There is an official Editor - GEM Editor, comes with a game, you should have a shortcut for it on the desktop. You can build maps and missions in it.

Mods that change weapon fire rates, power of explosions and such, are done in notepad. Its just editing some files. I would advise you to dowlnoad one of the small mods, that does not change much, and compare the files with the original (it will also help to understand the files structure of MoW). There are few huge files in your MoW install folder, like "resource", "maps", "entities" you can open them as a .zip file and extract the needed files in your own mod folder, then edit them as you like.

DadeRoyal
01-09-2010, 05:45 PM
umm my problem is howq do you extract it becuase everytime i try with win rar it doesnt extract its still a DDS file

CTS
01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
As far as i know - .DDS file is an image/graphic/texture file, so you can not "extract" it. I am not 100% sure about this, since some programs might use their own file extentions.

"The DDS file type is primarily associated with 'DirectX (Multiple Versions)' by Microsoft Corporation.
The Microsoft DirectDraw Surface (DDS) file format is used to store textures and cubic environment maps, both with and without mipmap levels.

This format can store uncompressed and compressed pixel formats, and is the preferred file format for storing DXTn compressed data.

This file format is supported by the Microsoft DirectX Texture tool (DXTex Tool), as well as some third party tools, and by the Direct3D extensions (D3DX) library."

[SOE]No.Mam
01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
MOW modforum: http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=8