PDA

View Full Version : Main Menu Screen Blacked out

okiedokie
07-29-2009, 02:00 AM
When I boot up the game, I see the MoW logo and then the rest of the intros are all blacked out. The main menu is blacked out but I can hear the music. I assume I need to change my settings but how do I do this if I can't see? Please help, I bought this game a few days ago and haven't had a chance to play :(

okiedokie
07-29-2009, 03:30 AM
also I have dx9.0c and my latest video card drivers. any other game runs perfect, i just need to adjust the resolution when the game starts or soemthing. any tips?

Morgoth
07-29-2009, 09:05 PM
also I have dx9.0c and my latest video card drivers. any other game runs perfect, i just need to adjust the resolution when the game starts or soemthing. any tips?

What Operating system you using by the way.:-)

Warchant
10-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Having the same problem as well. Using the Direct2Drive version and while it runs fine on my laptop (a much lesser computer) on vista it doesn't run on my higher end desktop which runs XP.

harvb
10-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Same problem here using the Steam version.

Installed and played the demo, loved it and bought the game. Installed that and fired it up, gets to the menu screen and it *appears* to switch off my graphics card. I can hear the music.

I took an educated guess and hit the up arrow once and then return, then return again, guessing it would quit and then drop me back to the desktop which it did. Phew!

I'm using XP Pro with SP3, an nvidia card and 2 squig of RAM, if that's any use.

TroelsNess
01-18-2010, 11:00 AM
im having the same problem, so if anybody have figured out how to fix it i would love to know how.

harvb
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
im having the same problem, so if anybody have figured out how to fix it i would love to know how.
I eventually fixed mine. I had to go into My Docs and My Games and find the Men of War folder. In there was a config file - this is all off the top of my head, so apologies for incorrect folder names etc - which showed the default resolution. I changed this to match my desktop resolution, including refresh rate, and it worked!

Hope that helps. If you need specific file names and locations, let me know and I'll look it up.