PDA

View Full Version : Can see it, can move around in it, just can't play it

mohaizk
07-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I've read good things about this game and purchased it on Steam, but sadly can't play it. MoW loads fine and seems to run OK. My problem is that I can't point and click on anything that I see. I see my cursor and can move it around but the clickable parts are not where I see them. For example in start menu, I can I move the cursor around randomly, eventually single player will hghlight and then I can hit enter and that takes me to single player. But it's "hidden," i.e. in a different place than where single player shows on the screen. This seems to be true everywhere in the game.

My hunch is that this is related to screen resolution, but it doesn't seem to make any difference where I set the screen resolution, clickable parts never line up with what I'm seeing on the screen. I also can't figure out how to get the game out of windowed mode MoW also forced a screen resolution change on my entire computer when it opened.

Yes I run Vista 64 bit. My native resolution is 1900 x 1200 I have Nvidia card latest drivers.

I would really really appreciate insight on this!

Thanks

Morgoth
07-27-2009, 11:43 PM
I've read good things about this game and purchased it on Steam, but sadly can't play it. MoW loads fine and seems to run OK. My problem is that I can't point and click on anything that I see. I see my cursor and can move it around but the clickable parts are not where I see them. For example in start menu, I can I move the cursor around randomly, eventually single player will hghlight and then I can hit enter and that takes me to single player. But it's "hidden," i.e. in a different place than where single player shows on the screen. This seems to be true everywhere in the game.

My hunch is that this is related to screen resolution, but it doesn't seem to make any difference where I set the screen resolution, clickable parts never line up with what I'm seeing on the screen. I also can't figure out how to get the game out of windowed mode MoW also forced a screen resolution change on my entire computer when it opened.

Yes I run Vista 64 bit. My native resolution is 1900 x 1200 I have Nvidia card latest drivers.

I would really really appreciate insight on this!

Thanks

I could be wrong here,but im sure ive read Windows XP64 & Windows Vista64 arnt supported on this game,only the 32 versions of both.:-)

mohaizk
07-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks -- MoW is is not fully supported but works on Vista 64. I think I've gotten my little problem solved now. I managed through repeated exploratory clicking to get the full screen box clicked and now I can actually click on things I see, so problem solved. Nice avatar by the way.

Morgoth
07-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks -- MoW is is not fully supported but works on Vista 64. I think I've gotten my little problem solved now. I managed through repeated exploratory clicking to get the full screen box clicked and now I can actually click on things I see, so problem solved. Nice avatar by the way.

Nice to see you have sorted it,thanks for the avatar comment,some places like steam should get the information right should'nt they,look at this link about what i said to you before,the Operating System part.:-)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/7830/

mohaizk
07-28-2009, 12:26 AM
What steam says is technically right, I'm going from what the administrator (Nike-it) of this forum says " - MoW can be used with 64 bit systems, but there can be some problems, but they are rather rare. "

Nokturnal
07-28-2009, 01:10 AM
I am using Vista 64-bit and i haven't had any problems with the game. Guess i am one of the lucky ones. :)