PDA

View Full Version : can't locate map files? help :(

eean
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi

i've made a map on the GEm editor and saved it. I don't know where it is saving to though? I can't really save as either on the editor to a specific location. Ive searched everywhere on the pc. Im running vista btw - i know its shit.

CTS
07-27-2009, 03:51 PM
I would look in the resource folder...

If you are using any mods, the editor will aoutomaticaly load your last/main login name, and all the created maps will be saved in the mod folder. Like this : ..Men of war/mods/"name of the mod"/resource/map/

I am a work now, so i can not check it to be sure, i will edit this post when i come home if i am wrong.

popalu
08-10-2009, 08:13 AM
I had the same issues mate on Vista :o(

You have to install the game in Administrator mode, this then sets the editor as Administrator privledges, then right click the Editor.exe and set to "Run as Administrator". If you dont, your maps and resources are deemed as unknown items and they are placed in a quarantined "Compatibility" directory.

To find you files, go to the Men of War directory, navigate to your mods folder, there should be a "new" option on the task bar at the top of the window, which says "Compatibility Files", select this and your files will appear, but not in the current directory, but in a seperate directory accessed via your my documents folders

You will have to either do this everytime you use the editor or copy the files from there, into your mods folder and then set the editor to "Run as Administrator".

I found it easier to just re-install the whole game, but first, run the setup.exe as Administrator and this problem disappears.

Bloody Vista and UAC are too clever by half!!

Zeke Wolff
08-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Vista is actually quite good WHEN you have turned off the UAC software. I almost went insane when trying to create a map on my desktop.

a) Have you initiated this action (Y/N)? (I picked Y)
b) Is it certain that it was you who initiated it (Y/N)? (I picked Y)
c) Is it really certain that it was you who initiated this action (Y/N)? (and by this time I was so close to throw my keyboard thru the window...).

When turning off the UAC control, Vista behaves quite well and by doing so, I can spend my hard earned cash on other things than having to buy a new keyboard... :D

~Zeke.

popalu
08-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Waiting for Win7, will update, as the UAC is controlable, not just on or off and there are other switches to make it easier to work with.

Lets hope, MoW works in W7!!!

parzewski
07-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Eu já estava ficando doido... Estou no Win7 e não estou conseguindo achar nenhum arquivo de mapa, vou tentar rodar o programa como administrador quando eu chegar em casa para ver o que acontece...

Existe um canal do IRC especifico para desenvolvedores de mapa?

I was going crazy ... I'm on Win7 and I can not find any map file, I will try to run the program as an administrator when I get home to see what happens ...

There is a specific IRC channel for developers of map?