PDA

View Full Version : calling in reinforcements

firebird76
07-27-2009, 07:11 AM
hi i got a question about calling in reinforcements.
is as follows, im in a mission with urss and i must defend the line and then counter-attack the Germans and i see on the right side of my screen some units and time and point but i don't know how to call them in to play and what do the time and points means??
so how do i call in reinforcements and what do the time and point means???

Nokturnal
07-27-2009, 07:48 AM
The numbers above the images represents the number of points you have, and the total that you can hold.
For example 200/200 means you have 200 points out of a possible 200. Once you start using your points they will slowly build back up to 200. Or whatever the limit is on the specific map.

The number on the left of the image, for example 0:10 - Shows the time it will take for that particular unit to enter the battlefield (after being placed by you).

The number on the right of the image is the amount of points required to call for the specific unit.

There is one other number you must take into consideration - When you hold your mouse over a specific unit, it will also give you a "limit" (i think that's the word they use).
This tells you that, in the course of the map you are playing, you will only be able to bring in that reinforcement X number of times.

Hope this helps.

firebird76
07-27-2009, 07:57 AM
and how do i send them in to play i dont know how to call them in and put them in play is a key i must press or a place to clik ???

Nokturnal
07-27-2009, 08:04 AM
If you have enough points, you click the image of the unit you want to call in, and your cursor will change to show you that you are now placing the reinforcements. It looks sort of like the arrow is now pointing down to the ground...That's the best i can describe it :P

Then you just click anywhere on the ground where you want them to move to. The time limit tells you how long until you can take control of the unit.

Remember, they always come from the same direction, usually behind you (so they don't get shot to pieces by the enemy before you get to use them). So keep that in mind and don't send them too far out into the battle, it's best to bring them up into your lines and then you take over control.

If you can't call in the specific reinforcement it will be grayed out. This usually means either you haven't got enough points, or the game hasn't progressed long enough for the units to become available. You will notice the second more in Multiplayer though, to stop people from bringing in the big guns/tanks at the start.