PDA

View Full Version : Warrior on impossible - bleh

jake21
07-24-2009, 08:09 PM
So I played a game on paladin impossible (my 6th or 7th game); and found it relatively easy ('cept when I was around level 8 ). However, for this game I found just about every 'great' item; many of them well below level 20.

Anyways, I figured that if paladin on impossible is so easy; warrior on impossible should be easy. Well, I'm around day 16 or 17; and just recovered one of the two keys from demonis (still need to get the second one - at level 25) and have to say this game has been truely painful. If it doesn't ease up at level 26; I'm going to have serious cash problems.

Conversely, this game I have found virtually no great items (not sure if the items make that big of a difference). I know i'll pick up the dragon sword when I do level 30 quest back at the temple and I have the whip; but otherwise I'm lacking (not sure if warrior is that much more difficult; my play style is wrong for warrior or if items make a big difference). Two items I would like to find soon are spell phantom and dragon shield (yea not only have items been lacking; but so have spells and troupe selection).
--
The one technique I have not switched to is using a gazillion small critters (like dragonflies) now that I have the whip. Figure I would wait till I finish demonis and return to undead elves or found phantom spell before swapping troups (though my stack of black dragons are worthless in demonis).

I don't think I will end up with phantom spell this game as no shops have it (but maybe once I get past haas I will run into it).

Vilk
07-26-2009, 12:46 PM
This post would be better in topics Battle Mode or Adventure Mode, anyway.

You impress me to have found the impossible mode easy, even with a large bag of great items I wouldn't say this mode is easy. Anyway in "theory" warrior should be easier than paladin but items and spells available can build a different vision. Phantom is a useful spell that offer multiple cases of interesting use but in no way it is a requirement to make the game easier, there's many other options.

I suppose you switch undead lands and demonis in order to collect stuff in demonis but the truth is that undead lands is easier. Level 25 in demonis is a little low but could be ok. In my current game impossible mode I started demonis level 26 et finished close to level 28, in fact level 28 few after demonis and before the labyrinth.

About adapting playing style, it's not only to a class but also to spells, units, items available.

About missing spell, perhaps you already quote it, in many castles some events trigger new stuff available in shop so you need not forget check them again. Also around level 15 the Magic School get few new spells available, not sure for the Magic Academy. The Endoria Map also allows get a handful of spells and even if other exchanges are generally better this option can be handy, the map can be exchanged in Magic Academy for the spells Gif, Resurrection, Lightning, Hypnosis, Blind, Geyser, Sheep, Call of Necromancer, Fire Rain.

About your lack of money in impossible mode I don't have much experience in this mode except by using a lot resurrection to restore stacks and sacrifice to increase them, in that way there zero money problem in impossible mode because you almost never buy troops. You could always save a game with money problems by switching to such tactics. There's probably other ways but I didn't experiment them in impossible mode.

In normal mode I invest relatively soon in Trade skill so I could sell scrolls and some items at a much higher price, but not sure this can change a lot in impossible mode if you use tactics allowing constantly significant losses. In impossible mode I save runes and don't invest in this skill as I have no money problem by using resurrect and sacrifice.

jake21
07-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I finished the game this morning. After switching to demonis the game became much easier - until the last fight which for once was a bit difficult (partly due to bad troupe selection on my part).

I switched to demonis to get a couple of more levels to finish off the undead section. Note that the switch occurs after the 'easy' undead are dead but before the dragons (in the hill/cave). I had to switch more often this game to get that one extra level then at hard level; that plus wanting to do the kraken (forgot to pick it up before i left fredom island) cost me 3 game days of play time but it is over. I never did get the spell phantom; nor any great body armor (+3 defense was best); swords (though there are some decent swords that are static load); or shield. Maybe the game isn't totally random and it tilts the loads via class but this one sucked for items :) Anyways I've played 6 games (pal,war on impossible; pal,mage,war on hard; mage on normal) and I think it is time to put it away until the expansion comes out. The only annoying thing is that I think I keep missing one quest (this time I got 101 - but I missed the judgement quest a the mage academy so that's 102). I've never managed 103 quests which other folks achieve; not sure if it is always the same quest I keeping missing.

This post would be better in topics Battle Mode or Adventure Mode, anyway.

You impress me to have found the impossible mode easy, even with a large bag of great items I wouldn't say this mode is easy. Anyway in "theory" warrior should be easier than paladin but items and spells available can build a different vision. Phantom is a useful spell that offer multiple cases of interesting use but in no way it is a requirement to make the game easier, there's many other options.

I suppose you switch undead lands and demonis in order to collect stuff in demonis but the truth is that undead lands is easier. Level 25 in demonis is a little low but could be ok. In my current game impossible mode I started demonis level 26 et finished close to level 28, in fact level 28 few after demonis and before the labyrinth.

About adapting playing style, it's not only to a class but also to spells, units, items available.

About missing spell, perhaps you already quote it, in many castles some events trigger new stuff available in shop so you need not forget check them again. Also around level 15 the Magic School get few new spells available, not sure for the Magic Academy. The Endoria Map also allows get a handful of spells and even if other exchanges are generally better this option can be handy, the map can be exchanged in Magic Academy for the spells Gif, Resurrection, Lightning, Hypnosis, Blind, Geyser, Sheep, Call of Necromancer, Fire Rain.

About your lack of money in impossible mode I don't have much experience in this mode except by using a lot resurrection to restore stacks and sacrifice to increase them, in that way there zero money problem in impossible mode because you almost never buy troops. You could always save a game with money problems by switching to such tactics. There's probably other ways but I didn't experiment them in impossible mode.

In normal mode I invest relatively soon in Trade skill so I could sell scrolls and some items at a much higher price, but not sure this can change a lot in impossible mode if you use tactics allowing constantly significant losses. In impossible mode I save runes and don't invest in this skill as I have no money problem by using resurrect and sacrifice.

Vilk
07-26-2009, 10:24 PM
I had the same problem than you about quests, the more simple is to check full quest list and compare with your quests list in your quest book.

You have the complete quests list at gamebanshee KBTL walkthrough. There's in fact 104 quests because Kill the Ghost and The Ghost of Gostrim are non compatible quests.

This list at gamebanshee includes only the quests that are log in quest book and that are those quests that count in the final score. Stuff like doing the tournament, fight with your double, do the school mage test, orc embassy and other aren't log in quest book and doesn't count for the final score.

For mention a list of those quests, those with a * are quest from main quest. This list is the result of comparing the list in gamebanshee with the quests listed in my quest book.

In previous games the quests I forgot start was New Peace Pact, Talking Bird, New Peace Pact failed and forgot to finish Zelberra's Soul.

103 * Rescue the Princess
102 Seven Forms of Haas
101 * Dragons' Labyrinth
100 The Magical Dwarven Portal
099 Good Beer!
098 The Temptress Isshara
097 Journey into Dragon's World
096 Cold Brook
095 Fandor's Map
094 A Holy Indulgence
093 * Violetta's Soul
092 Elixir of Evrlstng Youth
091 Annore and Hneya
090 Permission to Marry
089 Black Unicorns
088 The Broken Skeleton
087 The Eggs of Red Dragons
086 Homing Bat
085 Tree of Life Sprout
084 Captured Souls
083 Zelberra's Soul
082 The Wayward Book
081 Break the Orinoko Siege
080 Gerharius Flower
079 Egnum the Evilns-eater
078 The Tree of Life
077 * Queen Violetta
076 The Cursed Child
075 * Treaty with the Dwarves
074 Storming Creiston
073 Rare Animals
072 Portrait of Griffins' King
071 Miner's Badges
070 The Lever Gear
069 Miner's Strike
068 The Seance
067 Barricaded
066 The Village of Ocular
065 Guard the Manufacturer
064 Natural Gas
063 Missing Gerda
062 Laboratory 44
061 Combination Lock
060 Tame Hyenas
059 The Titan's Tear
058 The Deserted Castle
057 The Headless Skeleton
056 The Magic Range
055 Griffin's Crown
054 Archmage Rezo
053 * Slave-traders
052 * Maps of the Underground
051 Pirate's Crops
050 Her Weight in Gold
049 The Great Kraken
048 Cursed Treasure
047 The Stepbrother
046 The Black Mark
045 Titan's Boot
044 Free the Prisoners
043 Head of the Family
042 Thorny Dog
041 Coastal Brotherhood
040 Rescue the Frogs
039 Artridis' Rescue
038 Enchanted Love
037 Dragon's Heart
036 New Peace Pact
035 The Cursed Cemetery
034 Lost Town Chronicles
033 Blessing the Crypts
032 Dirty Butory's Debt
031 Bogis' Problem
030 Subdue Bagaba
029 Enthrallment of Bogis
028 Junk From the Cemetery
027 The Lost Cargo
026 Poor Ilik
025 Peace Pact
024 Fallen Dirigible
023 Fishing Tackle
022 Petrified Village
021 Talking Bird
020 Donations for Temple
019 Dragon's Tooth Tavern
018 Carl and Martha
017 * Mystery of Lyaro Island
016 Stinky Elixir
015 * A Secret Weapon
014 Breeding Evil Beholders
013 Hake's Consort
012 Troubles in the Mill
011 Kill the Ghost or The Ghost of Gostrim (non compatible quests)
010 * The King's Brother
009 Hunter and Wolf
008 Fishing Limits
007 Escaped Bear
006 Invasion of the Thorns
005 Speaking Stone
004 * Recover the Plugens
003 Clear Vegetable Garden
002 * Letters of Reference
001 * Final Trials

jake21
07-27-2009, 03:14 AM
Pirate's crop is the one i've never done.

Odd; I went back to talk to bare hornet (after reading this list) and he doens't offer me the quest. I did her weight in gold; not sure how you trigger this quest - no wonder I never did it :)

Ok. The other quest was The enthrallment of Bogis - my quest book marks it as failed because i never claimed the reward; but there is a sequence that will prevent you from being allowed to claim the reward (maybe i did something out of order).

So now the big unknown is why i never get the pirate's crop...

Vilk
07-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Pirate's Crop is an optional one, it depends of dialog choice you do during Her Weight in Gold quest. You must accept the item reward and pay for the pirate then the other pirate offer you do a quest instead of paying.

jake21
07-27-2009, 01:51 PM
That explains it; I never take the item because it is lame.

Pirate's Crop is an optional one, it depends of dialog choice you do during Her Weight in Gold quest. You must accept the item reward and pay for the pirate then the other pirate offer you do a quest instead of paying.

jake21
08-24-2009, 01:28 AM
So I had done paladin and warrior on impossible; my paladin was ultra lucky and ended up with 30, 35, 28 (attack, defense int); then my warrior had (what I thought was) lousy luck and ended up with 33,24,17 (at the end of the day warrior has it a bit easy at the end due to all the great weapons). Well my mage makes my warrior look lucky and ended up with 7, 26 and 31. Not one uber item loaded but i did manage to get all 103 quests this time. As a comparison my mage on hard had 25, 18, 40 (that's +19 in stats; and plus 1000 in leadership; rage/mana were more or less the same). My other mage on hard ended up with 19 13 43 (but had 1000 more leader ship and 30 more mana than the previus mage on hard).

Anyways - I guess luck plays a big factor in how difficult the game is :)

I'm done until the expansion comes out or someone does an interesting mod that reworks the map/quests :)

Ryder
08-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Oooooh, I've been wondering about that for ages.

In one of the games I played, I returned to Ellina from the Land of the Dead and standing next to the book on the Elven side was a Giant who I'm pretty sure had a quest for me, well I spoke to him anyway. But I've only seen him once in all the games I played. Do you know who he is Vik?

jake21
08-29-2009, 01:45 AM
I think he's the one you get when you return the skeletons to the skull (though I don't remember him being a giant).

Metathron
08-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes, there's a skull just next to the book of death in Death Valley, he'll give you a quest to collect his bones strewn around Necrocom castle (mostly), and on finishing the quest, he'll go back to the Great Forest, again next to the book, where he'll sell some level 5 units. In my case, it was mostly cyclops.

Ryder
08-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Are you telling me that quest is always there and I've only seen it once in my 8 games? That's not very observant of me.

Thanks guys.

jake21
08-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Yep it is always there.

Are you telling me that quest is always there and I've only seen it once in my 8 games? That's not very observant of me.

Thanks guys.