PDA

View Full Version : saves don't work after patch v1.1

soopytwist
07-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Previously I'd not had any technical issues with the game apart from it running like a dead dog even on my high spec PC. Since installing patch 1.1 in the vain hope of increased performance I now find my save games don't load, instead crashing the game to desktop with the following message:

Could not create physical body (error -3)
Probably invalid body parameters
Script Stack Call: ->loadsavedgame

Same thing happens if I load an autosave or quicksave but a different message:

Error Opening File: data\models\ties\tools\bucket_phs.cmf
Script Stack Call: ->loadsavedgame

Game works fine if I start a new game. So I see three options. 1. Re-install the game to v1.0 and restore the save games I backed up before patching. 2. Start a new game and use a console command to skip levels to the one I was on last (there's a 'map' command but I don't know the name of the level other than the title in the save game list "Escape". Or 3. Un-install the game, throw it in the bin and play something less crap.

My specs:
Core i7 965 Extreme 3.2Ghz, 3x2Gb Corsair 1600, Asus P6T Deluxe X58, 2Gb Sapphire HD4870X2, Asus Triton-81, 800W FSP Everest, 500Gb Seagate Baracuda, Thermaltake Armor, Dell 2405FPW 24", Vista Ultimate 64bit.

soopytwist
07-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Further investigation on my part has revealed some interesting details.

The error message when loading from quicksave defies logic. It mentions the dir tree "data\models\ties\tools\..." however there's no such directory as "ties" it should be "entities" so the error message is wrong. I tried renaming the directory to "ties" and the game doesn't load at all saying error opening data\models\entities\tools... that makes sense since I renamed the directory. But why does the error message quote the wrong directory?

EDIT

I've also worked out all the map names for the "map" command using the console and managed to load the level I was on with no problems. Although I now don't have any weapons.

edit "init.cfg" in data\scripts so the command d.consoleh = 0 reads d.consoleh = 1. Start a new game and press the tilde key (~) and type (without quotes): "map bios##" where ## is one of the following numbers:

20 (level 1 - DREAM)
31 (level 2 - FOREST)
32 (level 3 - SWAMP)
41 (level 4 - STORM)
41a (level 5 - GLACIER)
42 (level 6 - TIES)
43 (level 7 - DARKNESS)
51 (level 8 - HEART)
51a (level 9 - STRESS)
52 (level 10 - COLD)
60 (level 11 - FEAR)
71 (level 12 - ESCAPE)
72 (level 13 - BEASTS)
81 (level 14 - POISON)
82 (level 15 - CHOICE)
83 (level 16 - HEART)
90 (level 17 - CHRONOS)
91 (level 18 - LIGHT) [final level]

Doghouse
07-28-2009, 11:47 PM
When I downloaded the patch, there was a note on the page that said that saved games would be gone after installing the patch, so while unfortunate, it's not a bug (at least not an unknown bug).

It looks like you backed up the saved games. Did you put the backed up game in the new saved games folder?