PDA

View Full Version : Not a marketing genius but....(joysticks)

dce21b
07-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I've been looking around and have only been able to find little tid bits about how they are going to implement using joysticks.

I currently have Track IR and a x52 Saitek HOTAS for my PC been an avid IL2 player since 2001. Now obviously I don't expect my TIR to work for my ps3 but what are they planning for view control?

I personally have never liked the padlock feature but dont mind using a hat switch for view control. Will my current joystick be compatible? If not here's what I was thinking.

Why wouldnt Ubi either develop or partner with someone to make a joystick specifically for this game. And then they could have controls bases in the settings on that stick. All though I know now its a little bit late to go with this thought.

For me not being able to use some kinda control for my view either by hat switch or TIR is a game breaker. If this game is a "SIM" this is a must have for me.

Please forgive me if this has been talked about I know about the search feature etc. just doesnt seem to be that much info on it at the moment.

P-51
07-22-2009, 04:18 PM
I would like to know this too, i love flight sims and maby Anton could help us with this one.
Anton is there a list of joysticks that will be compatable with your excelent game? Also are there any advantages that you get for using a joystick on this game?
Chris

guiltyspark
07-22-2009, 05:10 PM
for the ps3 i think the aviator works

beyond that i dont know

the 360 has the nice Ace edge stick so thats a huge plus

P-51
07-22-2009, 05:15 PM
thanks for that but thats the one with HAWX isnt it

guiltyspark
07-22-2009, 05:16 PM
thanks for that but thats the one with HAWX isnt it

which one?

P-51
07-22-2009, 05:21 PM
AV8R? Il does look nice though. :)
Chris

Raw Kryptonite
07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
For the 360 the Ace Edge and Aviator will work.
Not sure what the final info was for the PS3, but I'd imagine you could count on the Aviator.
Surely the X52 wouldn't work, we do know that the game will not have assignable controls, but a fixed layout. Don't think you'll get the profiler on there anyway to get full use.

trk29
07-22-2009, 06:53 PM
AV8R will work on the ps3

Skii
07-22-2009, 06:56 PM
The Aviator looks a pretty decent bit of kit, I've used Saitek sticks before on my PC with no complaints. What would be interesting to know is if the hat switch works in BOP for selecting different cockpit views.

guiltyspark
07-22-2009, 07:00 PM
The Aviator looks a pretty decent bit of kit, I've used Saitek sticks before on my PC with no complaints. What would be interesting to know is if the hat switch works in BOP for selecting different cockpit views.

its not that good

Anton Yudintsev
07-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Details about joysticks are planned to be released soon, as community update.
Until that - I am not allowed to provide information, sorry.

P-51
07-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks Anton do you have any specific dates that information will be released?
Chris

Anton Yudintsev
07-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks Anton do you have any specific dates that information will be released?
Chris

I afraid to announce.
Publisher already had moved some community updates few times, due to unknown reasons. Should be in a week.

P-51
07-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks Very much :grin: Ill mark it up on the calender in pencil.
Chris