PDA

View Full Version : Everything black at the first level?

Ciradis
07-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Uh...
So yeah. My games kinda all black except for the snow, my guys helmet, a weird looking white light, and my guys breath.

Im running an AMD 64 Dual Core Processor 5000+ at 2.61GHz, a Nvidia GTX matrix 260, and 2GB of RAM. I've also purchased Cryostasis through the steam store, and the exact error I get from the games error logs (that seems to relate to this issue) is: Error opening file: data\textures\

Little help please, guys? <3

secondlanguage
08-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I downloaded my version from Steam as well and am having the same exact problem. Game starts fine, runs through the opening story video with no problems, then you see the white light through the window, snow falling, your breath and nothing else but complete darkness. I've changed about every option in game, including the shader from 3.0 to 2.0 and then back again with no effect, no matter what resolution i run it in or which optimizations i turn on or off. My system: i7quad core 920 2.66ghz oc'ed to 3.5ghz, 4 gigs of ddr3 ram, xfx Gtx 295 card. I really would appreciate some help and really want to play this game. Thankyou for your time.