PDA

View Full Version : Men of War Coop misions?

santi14493
07-21-2009, 02:09 AM
hello, i was wondering if someone knows how to make a single player mision thats usefull for coop too, when a friend of mine and i try to play, the units that are suposed to be ours are blue on the map and cannot be controles...if anyone knows what to do please reply ;)

Janz
10-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi santi14493,

Seems you are not having any luck in getting info on coop either?

Can it be that no-one here actually knows how coop works [GEM style]? :(

Must be because i scoured the internet and cannot find any decent GEM manuals, some tidbits here n there and nothing coming close to a proper professional manual [ideally one that would explain all things including how to make coop maps]
:confused:

So i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we both seem to be out of luck here....unless maybe 1C's guys read their forum and could assist us.

Let me know if you hear anything positive please.
Janz

KnightFandragon
01-09-2010, 05:47 AM
What id like to know is how to take the missions that are already there, add in extra units and use them in MP/LAN coop play....idk how and am to lazy to try and fully figure out how to make my own missions lolz

SpeedWolf
01-10-2010, 04:49 PM
to:KnightFandragon

your asking something that is not easy to do if you don't know how the gem editor works.

to:santi14493

the mission set up is already set like it is.

the only thing you can do is to make a mod and set the mission the way you want but like i say to KnightFandragon is not easy to do if you don't know how to use the gem editor.

if you want to set a map/mission i can upload a video just to show you the base on how to save your set map/mission in the gem editor but you need some idea how to use the gem editor.

if you want help on adding units or anything like that you have to find it for yourself.

you can find some tutorial video on the editor in youtube,

redtoorange
01-14-2010, 08:50 PM
I posted a tutorial to just that literally 4 threads down.

Janz
09-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Well done - that was the missing info.

Tagging the team players, then adding the start trigger with autorun on works in 99.9% of any maps we have modded locally. Brilliant.

Only badly designed or faulty maps don't work or alter well. (ok, maybe heavily scripted sequenced ones too)

It's wonderful to play co-op on most maps now - thanks again

:-P

KnightFandragon
09-20-2010, 03:07 PM
So is the +gamestart event actually necesary? I put it in my first mission and it worked like a charm ive not tested my other 3 in Coop yet but they dont have it. I have assigned all the units though. In SP my missions work like a charm +D Making missions is fun, next will be to fully figure out how to set like secure objectives or capture objectives, they are currently all destroy objectives lolz. My next mission im going to try and make a base defense......waypoint hell there, setting way p-oints for each group of soldiers.....Teeeeeddious....omg haha