PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm stuck in Mehgard!

julien bergeron-brunet
07-17-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm in Mehgard and i talked to the dwarf about the key but i can't go back, i can't take the train, there is a kind of teleporting device that doesn't work but i read in the forum that it's normal. I guess i'm suppose to talk to a dwarf next to the train but there is no one there... The only living soul i see in this place is the dwarf engineer but he is not helping me...

Nike-it
07-20-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm in Mehgard and i talked to the dwarf about the key but i can't go back, i can't take the train, there is a kind of teleporting device that doesn't work but i read in the forum that it's normal. I guess i'm suppose to talk to a dwarf next to the train but there is no one there... The only living soul i see in this place is the dwarf engineer but he is not helping me...

Try to reload your save game. The dwarf near the train should take you back. There is no other variant of return.

strgout
07-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I got KB from Steam btw. Once i got to Mehgard the engineer wouldn't bring up the diaglog window. I saved and reloaded and it let me do the quest. I went back to the train and the dwarf is no where to be seen. Is there a teleport cheat by chance?

Nike-it
07-21-2009, 06:30 AM
I got KB from Steam btw. Once i got to Mehgard the engineer wouldn't bring up the diaglog window. I saved and reloaded and it let me do the quest. I went back to the train and the dwarf is no where to be seen. Is there a teleport cheat by chance?

Will try to find the solution for your problem, also it is the first time I hear about such bug. And unfortunately there is no such cheat:(

Nike-it
07-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Please attach you savegame here.

julien bergeron-brunet
07-21-2009, 03:01 PM
I have the Steam version too...

Vilk
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
In fact there is a cheat code for teleporting, but it's development cheat code not advised to use.

You can check this translated page:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fkingsbounty.ru%2Fforum%2F index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D2236&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=EN&ie=UTF-8

The teleport function is a little tough to understand but after some experiment you succeed. The teleport brings you where your mouse cursor is, you can use it with map or in game.

jayarcher
07-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Well I had the exactly same problem. However trying to repair the saved games made him show up again. Unfortunately the joy is shortlived, as lots of quests have these problems now.

Basically its impossible to complete the game in its current state.

julien bergeron-brunet
07-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Can we hope there is gonna be be a patch fixing this problem, i kinda already put a lot of time in this game and i was really enjoying it...

julien bergeron-brunet
08-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Still no solution?

lparkh
08-21-2009, 09:18 PM
had same problem of no engineer in steam 1.7 "fixed".
However reload worked... not sure I'll be able to leave though...
Nope. Like others found, no way for me to leave :-(