PDA

View Full Version : Everything is black please help.

Cabadath
07-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Today I bought Cryostasis on steam and downloaded it successfully. I started the game watched the intro and when I actually got into the game I could only see a bright light and everything else was black. I decided to download the newest drivers for my graphics card and I downloaded direct x 10 it didn't fix anything. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would really like to play this game. Any help would be appreciated.

Nike-it
07-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Today I bought Cryostasis on steam and downloaded it successfully. I started the game watched the intro and when I actually got into the game I could only see a bright light and everything else was black. I decided to download the newest drivers for my graphics card and I downloaded direct x 10 it didn't fix anything. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would really like to play this game. Any help would be appreciated.

First of all, what OS and GPU do you use?
You can also send dxdiag report to our support team (support@1cpublishing.eu).

Cabadath
07-13-2009, 01:07 PM
I am running windows XP and I am using NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT.

Nike-it
07-13-2009, 01:13 PM
I am running windows XP and I am using NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT.

Well, if you use XP, then DirectX 10 is not for you. Also download the PhysX patch (you will find it at Nvidia.com). It may solve your issue. And also use the lowest video setting, as your card is not powerful for Cryo and also put shaders 3.0 in the video options.

Cabadath
07-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Ok I tried setting the graphics to the lowest and it still didn't fix anything. Also I do not think you really know what your talking about when you say "your card is not powerful for Cryo" because i can run any other game on at least high settings. I have also installed the PhysX patch so I think im pretty much.

Nike-it
07-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Ok I tried setting the graphics to the lowest and it still didn't fix anything. Also I do not think you really know what your talking about when you say "your card is not powerful for Cryo" because i can run any other game on at least high settings. I have also installed the PhysX patch so I think im pretty much.

I do know what I'm talking about! If you read the forum more careful you will see, that even on high-end Pcs Cryostasis shows not very good performance. And avoid any obscene words here!
As I wrote before, contact our support with this issue.

Cabadath
07-13-2009, 02:16 PM
By physX patch did you mean the patch for V1.1 for cryostasis? I cant install that because i have bought the game on steam.

Nike-it
07-14-2009, 07:53 AM
By physX patch did you mean the patch for V1.1 for cryostasis? I cant install that because i have bought the game on steam.

I meant PhysX driver - for example this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0428_whql.html

Nike-it
07-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Also check these threads: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6836
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8198