PDA

View Full Version : win xp, game will not start.

vf1000ride
07-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Downloaded full game version from EVGA. Installed the game and it will not start. I get the shader 4 error as expected being I can't support it. After that it drops right to the windows error message the game has failed. I have tried both sli with physics, physics alone, and both turned off with same results. My video driver is 186.18, the latest whql release. I have tried manually changing the config file from shader 4 to shader 3 with no luck. The shader 4 error goes away but the game still crashes without showing any signs of running. I tried to run the patch and it tells me the game is not installed. So I figured why not. I uninstalleed it and reinstalled with all the same problems.

Hardware specs
Q6600
evga 780I motherboard
2 gig ocz reaper
2x gtx-260 core 216 in sli

Had also tried the demo previously with older video drivers and a pair of 8800gt video cards with the same result.

Any suggestions please. As much as I got this game free with my video card purchase it still chafes me to not be able to play it.

Nike-it
07-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Downloaded full game version from EVGA. Installed the game and it will not start. I get the shader 4 error as expected being I can't support it. After that it drops right to the windows error message the game has failed. I have tried both sli with physics, physics alone, and both turned off with same results. My video driver is 186.18, the latest whql release. I have tried manually changing the config file from shader 4 to shader 3 with no luck. The shader 4 error goes away but the game still crashes without showing any signs of running. I tried to run the patch and it tells me the game is not installed. So I figured why not. I uninstalleed it and reinstalled with all the same problems.

Hardware specs
Q6600
evga 780I motherboard
2 gig ocz reaper
2x gtx-260 core 216 in sli

Had also tried the demo previously with older video drivers and a pair of 8800gt video cards with the same result.

Any suggestions please. As much as I got this game free with my video card purchase it still chafes me to not be able to play it.

Try to run the game without SLI, but this is really strange. And the latest patch is alsready implemented in your version. In any case I advice you to contact our support (support@1cpublishing.eu).

vf1000ride
07-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Thank you for trying to help Nike-it. After leaving my message for the forum the other day I did try to run the game without sli, I also tried it without physics enabled and the game still wouldn't run. I did however figure it out and the game is running correctly so I will explain it, if it can help anybody else.

In the config.cfg file I had to manually set the shader from 4 back to 3. I had found that fix in another thread here on the forum. That solved getting the shader error message but I was still crashing before the game would start. I ended up changing the screen resolution in the config file from game default to what my monitor runs at and everything has been working great since. Never fails that on my 1920 x 1080 monitor the game would crash and neither the Nvidia drivers or the game could display properly at the different resolution.

I played the game for about 40 minutes last night and everything seems to be working as it should. Hope this can help anybody else running into issues where the game fails to launch.