PDA

View Full Version : US forces

akito272
07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Since i started playing this game in MP i noticed that most people avoids using US. Its a shame it gets the fail nation award xD.

Britts have matty in to take hits and valentine and cromwell to flank. Germans have PIV and stugs IIIG that both have great guns and stug having very decent frontal armor. Soviets field the T-34 and the IKV having good armor firepower.

US only field Shermans with small variations like S76 or jumbo. lack firepower.While they frontal armor is decent.

Later on you get the sherman with 17prd. Great gun. Same armor as regular sherman.... While germany got panther and some very nasty TD like nashorn/hetzer(little beast). Britts get Chur VII that is a moving pillbox. Soviets are stating to see heavy T34/IS2.

So good : pershing. Priest.
Bad: the rest.

bahabaha
07-08-2009, 09:35 PM
immm so what's the solution because the us have really weak ground forces (but they have the numbers) and a mighty airforces .
there is two solution : to add air support for the us or to make us units cheaper so you can have superior number against your ennemie .

akito272
07-09-2009, 12:42 AM
A few nights ago i played a 5 FFA. 2 brits, 1 german and 2 soviets. Low income. capped at 100(division).

Engagements were at 80/100(dont know the unit) distance. For a US player would be imposible to fight there. too many heavy hitters.

They need for first tiers cheaper shermans. For late game superpershing.

Morgoth
07-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Thats not true,i regularly use USA & they have plenty of good firepower,Sluggers,Pershings,T29's,Hellcat,76mm Sherman,+ Anti Tank Guns,+ all the troops that can take out tanks,that all sides have,so i really cant see any bad points being the USA,unless your just not a very good player.:-)

UnknownMan
07-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh yes hellcat and slugger are very hard... because they are very fast! I lost a lot of King Tiger with them...

bahabaha
07-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh yes hellcat and slugger are very hard... because they are very fast! I lost a lot of King Tiger with them...

because you are noob don't use direct control against fast tanks (don't say again i lost a kingtiger ):evil::evil:

akito272
07-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Thats not true,i regularly use USA & they have plenty of good firepower,Sluggers,Pershings,T29's,Hellcat,76mm Sherman,+ Anti Tank Guns,+ all the troops that can take out tanks,that all sides have,so i really cant see any bad points being the USA,unless your just not a very good player.:-)

Im not talking about ATG/INF. Just Tank vs Tank. Big open maps where you can hide INF mostly is the bad scenario for US.

The problem for me is the limited chances you got. When a guy can put a round half the map away and kill you you have a problem. When your only counters are late tier tanks.

A panther is better than 90% of your list. The guy still has 5/6 more tanks that have equal power o better. small example why i think you overall suck.

UnknownMan
07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
because you are noob don't use direct control against fast tanks (don't say again i lost a kingtiger ):evil::evil:

oh man, come down... I mean the turret of the King tiger is more slower that the speed of the hellcat... So if you must fight against two hellcat... ah forget it...

akito272
07-14-2009, 04:26 PM
The key is not to miss the first shot. Also strike from the longst range you can fire. Probably they will burn easily but you need an officer in front of your tank to spot them early.

The other thing is to retreat while firing so they cant get in your sides. This takes practice of course.