PDA

View Full Version : fix your game balance..jeesh

KiloAlpha4
07-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm not the only one starting to get angry at this crap but there is no way a tiger 2 would survive 2 russian is3's firing 122 mm ap at it and a isu 152 firing a 152mm he at it at point blank range and yet be unscathed ...but magically, the tiger could kill all of them with 1 or 2 shots max...that's B.S.

Maybe their is a hack out there, or maybe your game has some major balance issues yet to be resolved. In either case for the love of god go by the actual freaking stats for the tanks...jeesh..

here:

king tiger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II
is3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iosif_Stalin_tank

regarding the tiger 2's armor and allied penetration/guns:

The American M26 Pershing (using tungsten HVAP ammunition), the British Comet with the 77 mm gun, and the Soviet IS-2 (using steel shot) had to be within 1300 m, 500 m and 200 m respectively.

....which means that at point blank range like he was against 2 is3's and a isu 152, he would have been severely fk'd....but nope, magically unscathed tiger 2 as always...

akito272
07-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Wikifail is no god for data posting.

"The American M26 Pershing (using tungsten HVAP ammunition), the British Comet with the 77 mm gun, and the Soviet IS-2 (using steel shot) had to be within 1300 m, 500 m and 200 m respectively. "

i found this "The crew was protected by thick sloping armor that made it a hard target, and only a few weapons were actually able to destroy it at even close range. There are no records or photographs to prove that the Tiger II’s frontal armor was ever penetrated in combat."

From http://www.achtungpanzer.com/ a way better page for tank data than wiki.

So whos right?? you or me? see tank effectiness can change a lot depending whos writting.

The ISU 152 fires HE rounds so while the explosion may destroy the tank it has small penetration power. The 122mm on the IS3 has the power to kill the KT. Try autoaim for weak parts. KT has 150mm sloped armor so thats around 250/280mm effective armor. A lot for WWII era guns. Especialy that fail russians guns that carried sup par ammo.

Also flank!!!! Germany got the best guns/armor combos in game. At medium distances even the panther will stop your rounds.

OverwatchX
09-14-2009, 06:48 AM
I have to wonder also if the KT in game is that powerful? Seems so.

One thing I dont like about it is that its too common and doesnt cost enough. Heavy tanks like that one were so rare yet I find myself in games where there are 3 KTs on one side. Thats laughable.

Morgoth
09-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I have to wonder also if the KT in game is that powerful? Seems so.

One thing I dont like about it is that its too common and doesnt cost enough. Heavy tanks like that one were so rare yet I find myself in games where there are 3 KTs on one side. Thats laughable.

May interest you to know that although the King Tiger was produced from February 1944 to March 1945,just over 1 year in total,474 of them were built in that time,so they wernt that rare,in fact over 100 were used for the famous Ardennse offensive,'Battle of the Bulge',alone.:grin: