PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one buying both (360 and PS3) versions?

Mr_V
07-06-2009, 08:00 AM
No, seriously, I'm pre-ordering both versions. (I own both consoles already.) I've never done this before; I always read technical reviews and then choose the "best" version of a particular multi-platform game to buy. My console gaming buddies (none of whom are simmers) think I'm crazy just for going on about this game, never mind declaring that I'll be buying it twice.

Anyway, here are some of my reasons. You tell me whether I'm being silly…

Simmers are not numerous. I think I'd stand a better chance of finding people to play with if I have both the Xbox Live and PSN communities to choose from.

The two versions will seemingly support a variety of disparate control options. I don't own a console flight controller at present (Console flight games to date have just not made it worthwhile!), so I'll probably buy flight controllers for both consoles. Since the Ace Edge seems unobtainable here in Europe, that'll probably mean a Saitek Aviator for the Xbox 360, and a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS for the PS3 (if the latter is supported). With two options to choose from, I stand a better chance of getting an ideal control configuration.

For this particular game, I want to play it as soon as possible without waiting for technical reviews to find out which version is "best". If it turns out that one version is better at something, and the other is better at another thing, I want to experience both, dammit!

There are so few (read: none) flight sims on consoles. I think the developers deserve two sales out of me!

I just love the idea of this game and… can't help myself? -*:)

Desode
07-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Your not alone. I will be getting it on both !
DESODE

peterdegrotere
07-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Your not alone. I will be getting it on both !
DESODE

im suprised my you guys real fans, but no ill take one and play it to hell

irrelevant
07-06-2009, 04:46 PM
For many of the reasons mentioned above, I will get both versions. If the game is great, just as I suspect it will be, I might go so far as to nab it for PSP when I travel for work.

I have friends that game on Xbox, while my first priority lies with the PS3 version.

We shall see. ;)

Mr_V
07-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Hmm, yeah, I'll be buying a PSP as soon as the PSP version of LittleBigPlanet gets released, so maybe I'll have to get IL-2 on that as well. > <

(I'll have a look at the DS version, though I'd be surprised if I find it satisfying enough to play. The DS lags quite a bit in terms of technical ability. Then again… it would be interesting to see what Gaijin can come up with!)

haitch40
07-08-2009, 12:57 PM
im gettin it for ps3 and psp

trk29
07-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I was definitely getting a psp for GT5 now I have another reason to buy one, BOP. Hopefully the game will look just as good on the psp.