PDA

View Full Version : More Time

kane1
07-05-2009, 06:24 PM
When playing the USA mission "Turning Point" has anybody thought to themselfeves "Man if I only had more time to set my defences"? Well if you do this right you should have about 25 minutes.
Start the mission and save asap. Quit that game and go into your saved game folder and look for that saved game. Open the file named "game" (Make sure to backup the file) open with notepad, your looking for this:

{game
{Camera
{position 2215.23 1622.28}
{altitude 55}
{distance 1100}
{viewAngle 0.290887}
{yawAngle -2.99538}
{fov 1.13446}
}
{Threads
{trigger "missions/mission_09_com"
{current "/0/"}
{state "/0/"
{delay 1.835}
}
}
{trigger "states/gates_open_start"
{current "/1/"}
{state "/1/"
{delay 0.835}
}
}
{trigger "st"
{current "/3/"}
{state "/3/"
{delay 1.943}

Now just change this:

{trigger "st"
{current "/3/"}
{state "/3/"
{delay 1.943}-this to this- {delay 999.943} and save file.

If done right that will give about 25 minutes. If you want more time add more 9s, if 25 minutes is to long, when your done just put the game in fast mode.

kane1
07-06-2009, 04:32 PM
This is one of my favorite missions. All those vehicles, heavy mgs, at guns, it was like finding treasure. Having more time to deploy your troops makes it even more fun. I've tried it with a different saved game, but couldn't get it to work. If anybody has tried this tip or is planning to try it, please post and let me know what happened. Thanks.

Janz
11-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Great tip - i will try it for sure...
Gee - now i am thinking of ALL em prepping missions - laying mines...having lotsa time will be amazing to really set em up...very cool

Will report back as soon as i have had a try...thx for the super tip.

OVO
11-22-2009, 08:16 AM
This is 1 of my top favorite missions also.
It is very challenging with virtually no time to rest.
You really need more time to lay all the mines - anti-tank and anti-personal and get ready.
I tried this "More Time" mod a few times in the past but I could not get it to work.
I tried again today and finally was amazed that it did work! :grin:

You must save the game as soon as you see your men assembled ready to be taken over by
direct control which is just after the mission map plan brief.
You must save it before any "continue"or mission speech is said.

Once the file is modded restart "Men of War" and your saved game from "Turning Point".
You will know it will work because no "continue" or timer will appear for 25 minutes;
that is the {delay 999.943} you have modded in your game file.

You might try it as first described by replacing the correct line - {delay 999.943} -
OR try just copying this whole text below into your "Turning Point" saved game > "game" file.
I just did a quick test at the start of this mission by copying the script text below from this forum discussion page and it worked with no errors.
I am using "Men of War" version 1.11.3.

{game
{Camera
{position 2215.23 1622.28}
{altitude 55}
{distance 1100}
{viewAngle 0.290887}
{yawAngle -2.99538}
{fov 1.13446}
}
{Threads
{trigger "missions/mission_09_com"
{current "/0/"}
{state "/0/"
{delay 0.248}
}
}
{trigger "st"
{current "/3/"}
{state "/3/"
{delay 999.943}
}
}
}
{Statistics
{processor_0
{player "0"}
}
{processor_1
{player "1"}
}
{processor_2
{player "2"}
}
{processor_3
{player "3"}
}
{processor_4
{player "4"}
}
{processor_5
{player "5"}
}
{processor_6
{player "6"}
}
{processor_7
{player "7"}
}
}
}

kane1
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the input OVO :grin: The first time I got it to work I put anti-tank and anti-personel mines everywhere, just to watch the carnage!

razputin
11-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Awesome, thanks, I am currently playing that mission and have been defeated several times. I could use a few more minutes to get some extra mines in place!

kane1
11-26-2009, 05:10 PM
If you like this tip, check out "Reinforcements", and don't forget to backup your files :)

I just discovered that it's possible to take a saved mission file from the Gem Editor and with a little add-on switch it with a in-game saved game file. For this mission you could add more troops with whatever weapons you want besides having more time!

KnightFandragon
01-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Meh, I beat this lvl first time......who needs mines when you have 90mm guns and shermans backed up by priests....none of which I modded in. however, I did the ohter day play this mission again and put in ALOT more crew along w/ 5 76W Shermans and a Slugger =D This mission is fun

kane1
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Meh, I beat this lvl first time......who needs mines when you have 90mm guns and shermans backed up by priests....none of which I modded in. however, I did the ohter day play this mission again and put in ALOT more crew along w/ 5 76W Shermans and a Slugger =D This mission is fun

I could hold out for a little while, using my "vicker" guns as my main firepower but the German "stug"s always seem to sit back and blow my support all to heck. Hey KnightFandragon, just curious how did you put the troops and tanks in?