PDA

View Full Version : Developer walkthrough video!!!

Nike-it
07-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Gametrailers published a new developer walkthrough video of Rig'n'Roll from the recent event in San Francisco.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/52179.html

Tom Sawyer
07-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I heard Release date January 2010, is it for America??

Nike-it
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
I heard Release date January 2010, is it for America??

Maybe, as I said before, the international release date is not specified yet.

Freak Of Nature
07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Maybe, as I said before, the international release date is not specified yet.

So if they are saying so they should know it. Maybe now developers can answer to this question and confirm it?

About the video:
I liked it, many cars driving random speeds, realistic police, interesting and pretty realistic physichs, nice graphics :) Only crashes seems a little unrealistic. This video is much better than "New" trailer, maybe we will get more videos like that?

Qwx
07-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Very nice video! Yes, way better than the trailer :P. Huh, January 2010? Eh, that's practically half a year of additional waiting... I don't even know, what I will be doing then, or where I'll be :D.

Hm, as for contents of video. Graphics look sweet. What really looks strange for me is handling. Does the truck really go like this out of control? Or is it his driving style? Will game be controllable with keyboard (if I recall it right, developers mentioned somewhere, that yes)? A lot of other questions arise, but now I just don't feel like asking them.

Ok, now I'll probably slowly go into hibernation mode, and wake up my interest somewhere in the end of year :).

Azabache
07-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Steering seems to be too sensible, maybe the wheel is crap. Collisions are good and phisics look good too

Nike-it
07-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Will game be controllable with keyboard (if I recall it right, developers mentioned somewhere, that yes)? A lot of other questions arise, but now I just don't feel like asking them.

Surely it will;)

Freak Of Nature
07-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Will we get more videos like that? :)

Tom Sawyer
07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Very nice video! Yes, way better than the trailer :P. Huh, January 2010? Eh, that's practically half a year of additional waiting... I don't even know, what I will be doing then, or where I'll be :D.

Hm, as for contents of video. Graphics look sweet. What really looks strange for me is handling. Does the truck really go like this out of control? Or is it his driving style? Will game be controllable with keyboard (if I recall it right, developers mentioned somewhere, that yes)? A lot of other questions arise, but now I just don't feel like asking them.

Ok, now I'll probably slowly go into hibernation mode, and wake up my interest somewhere in the end of year :).

He's drving over 75 mph...the truck goes out of control surely

Bombakas
07-03-2009, 07:46 PM
thankful for short preview video!!

I expected more in this video atleast ingame truck sound and more preview like 100% . Remember all details counts in preview video if you guys make next preview video. I guess 1c forum users and alot outside forum fans will ask gametrailer make alot more rign roll preview videos with ingame sound.This preview with ingame sound should be compensation to the fans,who waiting very long this truck game.

Ubaku
07-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Awesome!!!! Finally gameplay!!! It looks great. No different from PTTM, well better of course. Looks like a truck sim. You deliver loads. Racing is optional. The natural scenery is beautiful.

The crashes are better than in this video. Remember those screenshots on rignroll.com where you can see bent bumpers, doors falling off, and etc. Remember there is a realism mode. You get to choose how much realism you want in the options.

I really liked when the trucker suddenly offered him to deliver his load. That was a surprise. I am sure there are many surprises in this game that we don't know about yet. The animated script videos are well made, like in GTA.

The handling, well notice something. In one part the driver tries to stop, but the truck keeps going forward due to inertia. That is realistic. And yes no crap that when he goes 75 mph and makes sudden turns like that the truck will spin around like crazy. Try it in real life. Or actually don't ;-)

The only thing is, from all we seen it seems that we won't be able to attach the trailer ourselves by backing up. That was always a challenge as it is in real life. That sucks, I always liked that in PTTM and etc. It was challenging.

Anyway more videos like these!!! In November 2009 I will buy the Russian version and make like 100 videos like these for you guys, while you wait for January 2010. ;-)

Whiskey
07-05-2009, 03:14 PM
in minute 2:19 you can clearly see text in russian. There are such a idiot bugs after months of "testing".

The crashes are better than in this video. Remember those screenshots on rignroll.com where you can see bent bumpers, doors falling off, and etc. Remember there is a realism mode. You get to choose how much realism you want in the options.

Thats make sense, but in minute 3:48 a police car is damaged only after several crashes. A bit weir, isn't it?

Except those two points, I love everything I saw in the video

Freak Of Nature
07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
in minute 2:19 you can clearly see text in russian. There are such a idiot bugs after months of "testing".

Thats make sense, but in minute 3:48 a police car is damaged only after several crashes. A bit weir, isn't it?

Except those two points, I love everything I saw in the video

Maybe they were testing russian version first, and now they are fixing errors ir english one :) maybe that's why english version will be released two months after russian version :)

Benedettini
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Maybe they were testing russiand version first, and now theyare fixing erros ir english one :) maybe that's why english version will be released two months after russian version :)

Are they tooooo slow then? Or tooooooooo much bugs

obsolum
07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Drive with the cockpit view you fuckin' noob!

Impressions from the video:
- physics don't seem all that acurate
- crashes are laughable
- instant repair while you're on the road? Are you ******* kidding me? I thought this was a sim?! I don't even think SCS games have this, you have to reach a service shop at least if you want to repair your truck.
- you don't have to align your truck and attach trailers yourself. Again, I thought this was a SIM?

I sure hope that there really is a "realism" option where you can set everything to as realistic as possible because from this video it sure as hell doesn't look like a trucking sim. At all. It looks like an average arcade trucking game. And that would be a damn shame.

Azabache
07-09-2009, 10:46 PM

He could....

I noticed when the guy goes to road service there is a towing fee. When he clicks on "pay", the truck still at the same location

Azabache
07-09-2009, 10:53 PM
He could....

I noticed when the guy goes to road service there is a towing fee. When he clicks on "pay", the truck still at the same location

What am I saying, sorry

digit
07-10-2009, 01:30 AM

Impressions from the video:
- physics don't seem all that acurate
- crashes are laughable
- instant repair while you're on the road? Are you ******* kidding me? I thought this was a sim?! I don't even think SCS games have this, you have to reach a service shop at least if you want to repair your truck.
- you don't have to align your truck and attach trailers yourself. Again, I thought this was a SIM?

I sure hope that there really is a "realism" option where you can set everything to as realistic as possible because from this video it sure as hell doesn't look like a trucking sim. At all. It looks like an average arcade trucking game. And that would be a damn shame.

SCS does have a instant repair feature. This acts like a on road repair service where a vehicle drives to you and repair your vehicle but it isn't a good feature. The game should at least advance time as if you had to wait for someone to come an fix your truck.

It does look like an arcade game and I hope that interviewer was sacked because that was the worst game trailer I've ever seen from GT. It didn't show the game at its full potential and he seemed to have NFI about the game or trucking. The game will be quite real, you just need to know how to drive a truck. There will be many features you will not have know were in the game when you come to playing it.

trucknisse
07-10-2009, 02:28 PM
SCS does have a instant repair feature. This acts like a on road repair service where a vehicle drives to you and repair your vehicle but it isn't a good feature. The game should at least advance time as if you had to wait for someone to come an fix your truck.

Yeah, I was kind of pissed by that too. Having a repair vehicle coming to repair to your truck would be ok, but then I would like to see this vehicle when it arrives, and be forced to wait for it awhile. They said something about an arcade mode, so I really hope the guy was using it for the demo.

It does look like an arcade game and I hope that interviewer was sacked because that was the worst game trailer I've ever seen from GT. It didn't show the game at its full potential and he seemed to have NFI about the game or trucking. The game will be quite real, you just need to know how to drive a truck. There will be many features you will not have know were in the game when you come to playing it.

Yeah, a really bad ad hoc trailer. But please give me more!

Qwx
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
You guys obviously haven't played "King of the Road" (Hard Truck 2) :)

digit
07-11-2009, 04:59 AM
You guys obviously haven't played "King of the Road" (Hard Truck 2) :)

Yes I have, obviously you haven't played "King of the Road" :)

Qwx
07-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Yes I have, obviously you haven't played "King of the Road" :)

:D
Well, what makes you say that? I thought, if you were unsatisfied with the arcade-ness of this game, you haven't seen "King of the Road" - it's a truck based racing game, not a sim. Instant repairs, challenging winding roads, and a lot of racing :). Very little focus on cargo delivery. Well, sort of... :)

I think this game tries to find success by being perfect compromise between the two - arcade and simulation :)

Ron Falco
07-12-2009, 01:02 AM
You know, I do have a theory as to why the trailers are aligned for you.

Remember, the game "supposedly" takes place in 2024. Maybe this is 1C's idea of how trailers will be set up in the future: preloaded and aligned by overhead crane.

that's just my idea. Feel free to debate.

obsolum
07-12-2009, 10:28 AM

Remember, the game "supposedly" takes place in 2024. Maybe this is 1C's idea of how trailers will be set up in the future: preloaded and aligned by overhead crane.

That's a good point, hadn't thought of that.

Still, it does take away part of the fun, IMO. One of the fun - and sometimes frustrating - things in the SCS games was attaching and detaching the trailer properly.

Freak Of Nature
07-12-2009, 10:47 AM

The game no loger takes place in 2024... Now it takes place in 2010.. several screenshots shows this :P