PDA

View Full Version : Force Patching

bigcracker
06-26-2009, 02:05 AM
I still cant believe people are playing with the old patch.Maybe start forcing people to update there game for bigger community?

Nokturnal
06-26-2009, 05:10 AM
If this method of "forcing" was simply the game itself logging onto the net to d/l the next update - I think everyone else would agree that it'd be a nice feature..

However, you can't blame people for not updating their game when it's such a headache to do so...Especially for the people who don't visit forums often
Firstly they have to waste alot of time just figuring out which version they have, where to get the update..and which version to update to...Then there are some patches for the updates..
Not to mention there are updates for some versions while others still wait..How can you expect everyone to d/l an update if some aren't even capable of doing so yet?

I think in the future a bit more communication when patching games is required on the part of the developers...

szebus
06-26-2009, 02:10 PM
This is why Ubi has the auto update at start implemented in his games.

Morgoth
06-27-2009, 09:52 PM
If this method of "forcing" was simply the game itself logging onto the net to d/l the next update - I think everyone else would agree that it'd be a nice feature..

However, you can't blame people for not updating their game when it's such a headache to do so...Especially for the people who don't visit forums often
Firstly they have to waste alot of time just figuring out which version they have, where to get the update..and which version to update to...Then there are some patches for the updates..
Not to mention there are updates for some versions while others still wait..How can you expect everyone to d/l an update if some aren't even capable of doing so yet?

I think in the future a bit more communication when patching games is required on the part of the developers...

Yes but now there is only two versions of patch,regular & metaboli,so no excuses now,so i agree with bigcracker.:-)