PDA

View Full Version : Huge Ice/ Fourth Shadowhand problems...

jarriaga
06-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Hello guys, I’m here to report a very weird problem that’s getting on my nerves.

Yesterday, I finished the Serious Uncle Sam challenge on Man of Courage difficulty, no cheats, no mods or anything, just slashed all I saw (I only used the Shadowhand, not a single shot) until I reached level 27 Fury (I followed the guide here and have all Artefacts) and the Auto Crystal Barrier / Auto Skull Chaser combo made the job so easy that I think it wasn’t even fair for the demons, I finished it on 7:43 ^^.

However, after I finished the challenge, I wanted to try out my new Shadowhand, so I went to Challenge Room and selected The Stronghold, but the Shadowhand I had was the “Ice” Shadowhand instead of the Fourth and it didn’t even worked, when I tried to slash with it, it made a “half-slash” and then it stopped doing anything, I could not slash, shoot ice or cast Crystal Barrier, it didn’t even move (animation movement).

I though it was a bug, so I re-started the game and went to normal gameplay. I still did not have the Fourth Shadowhand, but rather, now I have the aforementioned problems with the Ice Shadowhand in story mode!!! The other Shadowhands (Fire & Death) work fine, but when I switch to Ice, it doesn’t do anything, nothing with primary fire, nothing with special and nothing with melee button, I’ve tried in both story and challenge, but it’s the same.

So to sum it up, I made the challenge to win another Shadowhand and ended up losing one :(

I replayed the level where I get the Ice Shadowhand, from the beginning to the end, but didn’t change anything, in fact, I had the problems in that level (Mole Temple) as well.

Then I replayed and beat the challenge again, I do have the Fourth hand in there (and nowhere else), but I have the Ice hand problems as well.

I really need some help here!! Please!! By the way, I’ve been reading about the challenge and there were supposed to be Vampire Creatures (big ones) spawning as well, but I have to report that they never did when I played, don’t know if it has to do anything with it, but I’m certain that they were not killed by the Skull Chasers, they never spawned when I finished the challenge.

Any help on how to fix this problem, either by normalizing the Ice hand functions or to have the Fourth hand normally, is really appreciated.

American version, patch 1.1.

Thanks for your time..

Gniarf
06-24-2009, 07:19 PM
So to sum it up, I made the challenge to win another Shadowhand and ended up losing one :(Lol, I've seen numerous people complaining about not having the 4th hand, but that's the first time someone loses one.
PM me your profiles directory. If that's too big, you can wipe some saves, but LEAVE PROFILE.DAT.
By the way, I’ve been reading about the challenge and there were supposed to be Vampire Creatures (big ones) spawning as well, but I have to report that they never didThey do not always spawn.

jarriaga
06-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Lol, I've seen numerous people complaining about not having the 4th hand, but that's the first time someone loses one. PM me your profiles directory. If that's too big, you can wipe some saves, but LEAVE PROFILE.DAT.

Well, the Ice hand is physically there, but all it does now is a sort of "half-slash" and then it stops functioning :(

It's a bigger torture to have something you can't use than have nothing at all!!

I'll be glad to send them to you, but could you please tell me where is the (common) path to directory I need to send you? Thanks.

They do not always spawn.

Thanks again!!

Gniarf
06-24-2009, 08:05 PM
C:\Program Files\1C Publishing EU\NecroVisioN\Profiles
(not sure about the 1C Publishing EU for non european releases)

jiminator
06-25-2009, 03:10 AM
vampire beasts start spawning at about 4 minutes. you can kill a bit slower if you want to see them :)

Gniarf
06-26-2009, 01:08 PM
1-I don't kill that fast
2-Have you finally sorted out your issue?