PDA

View Full Version : new players

haitch40
06-22-2009, 04:32 PM
as a arcade flyer im quite well known in many ps3 ww2 arcade flyers how easy is it going to be to become good on simulation mode? by the way game looks awsome

trk29
06-22-2009, 09:11 PM
as a arcade flyer im quite well known in many ps3 ww2 arcade flyers how easy is it going to be to become good on simulation mode? by the way game looks awsome

Are you talking about the many ww2 flyers Blazing Angels?

xNikex
06-22-2009, 10:30 PM

Welcome to the forum.

If your asking if the sim mode of IL2 will be easy, the answer is no.

haitch40
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Are you talking about the many ww2 flyers Blazing Angels?

yes i am ba2 more precisely but i enjoy ba1 more lol

haitch40
06-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the forum.

If your asking if the sim mode of IL2 will be easy, the answer is no.

no im not saying that i mean how long should i allow for me to learn sim

Mr_V
06-24-2009, 03:35 PM
"Years".

:-)

I'm being flippant, but the point remains: None of us here not working for the publisher or developer has played Birds of Prey yet, but if it's anything like traditional realistic sims… then mastery is not something you can count in hours, or even dozens or hundreds of hours. It either becomes a life-consuming passion, or it doesn't.

But don't let that put you off! Learning isn't half the fun, it's all the fun!

Also (and again bear in mind that I've never actually seen the game!) I would guess that one could play competitively online with maybe a dozen flying hours under one's belt. If the difficulty is balanced well, that is.

Rittmeister86
06-24-2009, 10:46 PM
The difference between acrade shooters and flight sims is kinda like the difference between driving a car with a manual transmission vs an automatic. The basics of flight are all the same, but sims give and require much more attention to detail. If your looking for a good example, try Over G fighters. It's not a sim, but more of a hybrid. The leaning curve is high and the game engines are heavily outdated, but it's the closest thing available on the XBOX so far. I'm not sure if the PS3 has anything. Either way BOP has both settings (sim and arcade) so it will be fun for you either way. At least it might give you some help with the conversion. Good luck!

haitch40
06-26-2009, 02:59 PM
The difference between acrade shooters and flight sims is kinda like the difference between driving a car with a manual transmission vs an automatic. The basics of flight are all the same, but sims give and require much more attention to detail. If your looking for a good example, try Over G fighters. It's not a sim, but more of a hybrid. The leaning curve is high and the game engines are heavily outdated, but it's the closest thing available on the XBOX so far. I'm not sure if the PS3 has anything. Either way BOP has both settings (sim and arcade) so it will be fun for you either way. At least it might give you some help with the conversion. Good luck!

thanks i just want to fly with aces like u guys

Marchochias
06-26-2009, 05:32 PM
The difference between acrade shooters and flight sims is kinda like the difference between driving a car with a manual transmission vs an automatic.

Good analogy there, but he should also keep in mind that there's a lot more to flying an aircraft, especially a combat one, than there is to driving a car whether manual or automatic.

Playing an arcade flyer like blazing angels isn't really anything at all like simulators in my opinion. The plane pretty much flies itself in arcade games and you just control the most rudimentary aspects of it. (turn left! right! fire super magic missiles now!).

Basically if arcade flyers are as deep as a hot tub, the best flight simulators are as deep as the Pacific ocean.