PDA

View Full Version : Orc hexer mission

farrider
06-21-2009, 08:46 AM
How do you complete the orc hexer mission? I mean, there are too many enemy units to go past and I cannot reach the hexer with my units.The best I can do is get a dragon and/or skyship next to the hexer and pound on him with spells. He, however, regenerates each turn as no single spell can get him down.

Help anyone?

Slaughter
06-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Do you mean the "Amulet of Hexers" mission?

farrider
06-22-2009, 07:11 AM
No. I mean the fourth or fifth mission in the campaign where the main task is to "find the orc hexer". I can't see the name of the mission right now. Thanks in advance.

bugmenot
06-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Maybe you mean mission #4 "Remnants of the Horde". Here's a thread about this mission:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405757

I think you need to reach the hexer with your troops; at least that's what I did. If you can lure the orcs guarding his fortress into the river, it will be much easier to kill them. I didn't go for the dragon which saved me enough time for a gold victory, but on the other hand the dragon could be usuful for the missions to come.
________
buy vaporgenie (http://vaporizers.net/vapor-genie)

Slaughter
06-23-2009, 12:51 AM
I took the village in the center and went straight for the bridge staying out of sight of the units around the other villages. On turn 5, I placed my level 2 flame warden across the bridge to block space for my convoy. On turn 6, I retreated the flame warden and had 5 units cross the bridge for an easy gold victory on turn 7. Wish I knew about the Staff of Meteors at the cave.

Razorflame
06-23-2009, 01:28 PM
i just saved the dragon and own him ^^

loostro
07-04-2009, 11:36 AM
I got golden victory (in the last round) and cleaned all the map (took all towns and dwellings).

For this to achieve I had 3x Defensive Elves, 2x Fencers, 2x Archers, 2 Heroes and 2x Skyship. As far as I remember I could not deploy them all (unit limit) and If I remember correctly I used 2 Skyships, 2x Archers, 3x Defensive (and so many fencers as the map allowed).

My troops were on lvls 0, 1 or 2 and I had all the artifacts I could get in previous missions (all done gold and cleaned all).

I am talking about Easy level ofcourse. Getting all gold victiories on easy is hard enough :P

So at the beggining I went with 1 Defensive for the dragon, and with my hero (the ranger had map artifact +1 movement) I went for the Staff of Meteors.
The skyships bombarded the Orc Berserkers near the cave with the Staff, and my mage hero finished them off with a spell.

The rest of the army goes in the center, for the village.

PS. I tried to get the dragon with summoned troops, but it seems you cannot trigger events with summoned troops :P

In the next few rounds my army goes forward with the road, straight to the Hexter. Since it's quite big, enemy units from the left town will see you and attack you. If you set a good formation you should be OK, and finish the weakened enemy troops in 1 round.

The skyships and the dragon must wait near the river to attack the hexter.

Now, the archers must prepare to cross the river and shoot the hexter.

Meanwhile, the rest of the army (defensive troops and fencers and the mage hero) are going to get the right town. Remember to hide in the forest to get +defensive bonus.

You should be now around 2-3 rounds before the end. You use these to get the right town and in the LAST ROUND:

- ranger hero crosses the river attacks the hexter
- dragon attacks the "flying monster" above hexter (it should make it flee - if not - attack this monster with 1 archers unit)
- now Skyships (with segmented movement) go and bombard the Hexter, then move away to make place for the second Skyship
- now Mage hero uses some spell to attack the hexter (from far away, but spells have infinite range)
- now archers attack hexter
- I also had "Lightning Bow" on one of my Defensive Troops and I also used it to attack the hexter.

When the hexter dies you win the map. End turn for victory screen.