PDA

View Full Version : The B.F.X. Mod for 7.62 High Calibre

R@S
06-19-2009, 06:31 PM
The Blue Sun Mod beta 1.0 Final Beta for 7.62 High Calibre version 1.11 build 286 [UK]

************************************************* WARNING *************************************************

The new mod contains coarse language and due to it's content should not be played by anyone.

************************************************** ************************************************** *

New Additions:

- New weapons

- New weapon order script

- Fixes

- The New Way by Legionnaire=M=
There is a taxi driver in Puerto Viejo that can drive you to Olvega. There you'll get a chance to buy a fake border pass and then get a ride to Santa-Maria. You'll now be able to complete the game without talking to the government or the rebels.

- MercConsultant.v.1.1 by guineapig
Talk to the Merc consultant in Puerto Viejo and for 1000 Eldos you can order a merc to spawn at the entry point, no need to run around looking for your favourite merc anymore.

- Outsourced Config by guineapig
Open your 7.62\ini\outsourcedconfig.ini file to alter some hard-coded game settings. These include merc prices, reset random quests and collateral damage.

New installation of 7.62 is required!

Here's the link to the latest English version:

RapidShare Mirror:
The Blue Sun Mod 1.0 Final Beta (http://rapidshare.com/files/368787734/Blue_Sun_Mod_1.0_Final_Beta.rar)

How to install:
A clean install of 7.62 High Calibre is needed. Extract the files in the archive to your game directory and answer "yes to all" when asked to overwrite. If you don't get asked you've chosen the wrong directory. The archive includes all fixes and is the only one you need.

If you have a computer close to the minimum requirements and experience a lot of lagging when fighting in cities, open the Autoexec file in your 7.62 folder and delete all lines there. It should make the game run better but it also makes the AI dumber.

Thanks to:
- A special and extra big thanks goes out to the HLA ambassador at the SFI forum, and creator of the Bank Robbery Mod, Deadhead. The B.F.X. Mod would never have left my HD if it wasn't for his help.
- All the creators of the HardLife Addon - den_1982 aka Dancer, Nail, Grey©, Ойген and jana_m - for letting us use their textures and for showing us all the possibilities of modding this game.
- afp and the MOD Team(caschko, RaTDD, Dauntless, siredmond and last but definitely not least, Incapacitator) for making and letting us use the textures from BE5 Immortal Badass, and for bringing us so many hours of pure joy playing that mod.
- Mick81 for helping me by answering many, many of my sometimes stupid questions. And for bringing us the Blood Money mod.
- Apeiron for making this awesome game.
- All the friends at the SFI community(it's a long list and you know who you are) for keeping the spirits up and the community alive when the future looked so dark. I guess I have to thank SFI too, for letting us gather on their servers.

Disclaimer:
- Use this mod at your own risk. I will not take any responsibility for data loss, damages etc.

As always, I'm looking forward to any suggestions, it's about making this mod as fun as it can be, for everyone.

********************************* Update Section *******************************************

The Blue Sun Mod v 1.0 (Final release date: May 2 2010)
Fixes and tweaks

R@S
09-17-2009, 05:53 PM
A new version is now released, with 11 new missions, a lot of new characters and items.

Have fun

R@S

Colonel
09-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Great Job. Is it stable ?

R@S
09-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Great Job. Is it stable ?As a table;)
At least on my system and on the valiant tester's. On my play through I dint have a single CTD, which says a lot.

Colonel
09-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanx. I'll give it a whirl after I've finished playing vanilla.

Csimbi
09-30-2009, 07:14 PM
The B.F.X. Mod beta 0.6 for 7.62 High Calibre version 1.11 build 286 [UK]
I assume it includes the bug fixes from the other thread (Unofficial patch), right?

R@S
09-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeppers, all fixes except the "1024x768 Relolution" fix, so if you plan to play with that relolution, you need to install the patch before the mod files.

I've gotten a lot of help lately and have already made 5 new missions(there is 11 new ones in the 0.6 version). The next version will be released October 23 and will include 10-15 new missions, 10-20 new characters, 2 or 3 new mercs and a few new items.

There is also some work being done on the enemy inventories and the weapon statistics, but I'm not sure those changes will be included in the next release, they need a lot of testing before they'll be added to any official release.

Have fun

R@S

Ninja2dan
10-10-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm still new to the game, and loving it so far. Would it be possible to get a complete list of the changelog for this mod? I'm not looking for unnecessary specifics like weapon range or damage changes, but an overall change list that is slightly more detailed than the one given in the first post. Trying to figure out if it's better to play with this mod before or after completing the vanilla game.

R@S
10-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Here's the change log for the 0.6 version. The next version will be released October 23 and will include some new weapons, items and 12 new missions. There might also be a new weapon balance system, but since it's not finished yet I can't promise anything.

B.F.X. mod 0.6 beta:

Includes:
- Unofficial Patch 0.98
- Armored Cars Mod
- Carplaces fix - Thx to Phobos_2077, AlexVD, Finger.
- Weapons and items from the HardLife Addon, Immortal Badass, Blood Money and the Bonus Mod.
- MercConsultant.v.1.1 from guineapig
- Outsourced Config alpha 003 from guineapig
- B.F.X. Mission Pack

MercConsultant.v.1.1
Talk to the Merc consultant in Puerto Viejo and for 1000 Eldos you can order a merc to spawn at the entry point, no need to run around looking for your favourite merc anymore.

Outsourced Config
Open your 7.62\ini\outsourcedconfig.ini file to alter some hard-coded game settings. These include merc prices, reset random quests and collateral damage.

Changes:
- 11 new missions
- New aim and UI icons made by Deadhead
- Added transparent window textures made by Deadhead
- Increased the number of enemies in random encounters.
- Player Chars (presets) aren't tourists on vacation anymore, but real mercs on duty...
- All Mercs can now carry more weight.
- Hireable Mercs are now specialized in various classes (Snipers, Medic, Scouts...).
- A new mercenary for hire.
- Revamped inventories.
- Tweaked the scale of the shop images for the weapons from Immortal BadAss and Blood Money.
- Made the FN Minimi SPW accept a bipod.
- Fixed a few bugs. Well, a lot actually.

Characters added so far:
- Odd-Job Billy-Bob
- Jim-Bob
- Crazy-Bob
- Big-Bob
- Wee-Bob
- Carlos - Merc Consultant
- D.K. Shrute
- Parking Valet
- Librarian
- Mister Sister
- Picante de Pollo
- Picor de Pollo
- Preacher
- Daft Willy
- Stefan Uribe
- Muerte
- Crooked Politician
- Rob Yu
- Trip Yu
- Sawbones McGruber
- Elliot
- Bobling Guards
- Jingo Guards

Count: 23

Weapons added so far:
- DSR-1 from the HardLife Addon and made by Nail
- XM-8 from the HardLife Addon and made by Nail
- Barret M82A4 the from HardLife Addon and made by Grey©
- HK416 10 inch CQB from Immortal BadAss
- HK416 14 inch from Immortal BadAss
- HK416 20 inch from Immortal BadAss
- HK417 12 inch CQB from Immortal BadAss
- HK417 16 inch from Immortal BadAss
- HK417 20 inch from Immortal BadAss
- MP7 from Immortal BadAss
- Tavor (TAR-21) from Immortal BadAss
- Ak108SLR from Blood Money
- HK417MOD .458 from Immortal BadAss altered by TodeswolF
- HK417MOD .458 DMR from Immortal BadAss altered by TodeswolF
- HK416 mod 6.8 CQB from Immortal BadAss altered by TodeswolF
- HK416 mod 6.8 from Immortal BadAss altered by TodeswolF
- L96A1 Mod Lapua from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Bofors AK 5 from Immortal BadAss altered by R@S
- Ruger Security Six Revolver from vanilla textures altered by R@S

Items added so far:
- Sniper rifle clip (Barret/10) from the HardLife Addon and made by Grey©
- Bipod (Barret) from the HardLife Addon and made by Grey©
- M33 Ball .50 BMG (12.7x99 mm) from the HardLife Addon and made by Grey©
- BigAmmoBox (12.7x99/100) from the HardLife Addon and made by Grey©
- Book of Koans from the HardLife Addon and made by Grey©
- Headphones from the HardLife Addon and made by Grey©
- Sniper Bipod DSR-1 from the HardLife Addon and made by Nail
- Rifle ammo clip (DSR/5) from the HardLife Addon and made by Nail
- Night Sight AN/PVS-4 (G36) from the HardLife Addon and made by Nail
- MP7 Silencer from Immortal BadAss
- SMG ammo clip (MP7/20) from Immortal BadAss
- SMG ammo clip (MP7/40) from Immortal BadAss
- 4.6x30 mm ammo box from Immortal BadAss
- 4.6x30mm cartridge from Immortal BadAss
- EOTech Collimator(WR) from Immortal BadAss
- .48 socom HP ammo from Immortal BadAss
- Ammo box (48 socom) from Immortal BadAss
- Big Ammo Box AP (5.56x45/500) from Bonus Mod
- Big Ammo Box AP (5.45x39/500) from Bonus Mod
- Big Ammo Box AP (7.62x52/500) from Bonus Mod
- Big Ammo Box AP (7.62x39/500) from Bonus Mod
- Big Ammo box (SP-6 9x39mm) from BE5
- Gold bullion from BE5
- AP 6.3 (9mm) Ammo from wozzi
- 23 new backpacks from Nightprowler
- Collimator Aimpoint (WR) made from vanilla textures altered by TodeswolF
- 6-8x43 Assault Rifle Supressor made from vanilla textures altered by TodeswolF
- Ammo Box (.50BMG/20) made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- 6.8x43 FMJ Ball ammo" made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- 6.8x43 AP ammo" made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Rifle ammo clip (6.8x43mm/30)" made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Rifle ammo clip (6.8x43mm/60)" made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Ammo box 6.8x43 FMJ" made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Ammo box 6.8x43 AP" made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- C-Mag for the M16 family made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- 7.62 Assault Rifle Suppressor made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- 7.62 Sniper Rifle Suppressor made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Rifle ammo clip (Socom/20) made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Remote controlled C4 explosive made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Remote contolled Dynamite made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- P99 silencer made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Sniper rifle clip (Lapua/10) made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Ammo box FMJ-BT (Lapua/20) from Immortal BadAss altered by R@S
- .338 Lapua FMJ-BT made by R@S
- Ammo .38 spc made by R@S
- Ammo .38 spc HP made by R@S
- Ammo box (.38 spc) made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Ammo box (.38 spc HP) made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- 13 quest related items made from vanilla textures altered by R@S
- Kill Book made from vanilla textures altered by R@S

Count: 103

Items removed:
- Gyrojets, pistol, rifle and ammo.
- FN FALO
- FN Minimi Para
- AKMN
- Obrez Mosin
- Calico and clips
- USAS-12 and clips
- Carabin Type 56 Unique
- Carbine M712
- Pistol PSS, clip and ammo
- Tactical Light (Rifle)

Ninja2dan
10-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Very cool list. I see some changes/additions that I am sure I'll enjoy.

R@S
10-23-2009, 09:39 PM
The new version is now released. Keep in mind that since there are some new weapons added a new install is needed.

Have fun

R@S

Ninja2dan
10-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Quick question about the "reinstall" part. The only modification I have made to the game on top of the default installation is to copy the files over from the unofficial patch.

So I still need to fully uninstall and then reinstall the game?

R@S
10-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Nah, if you have no other mods or files installed you only need to copy the mod files over to your game directory. But if you encounter any weird graphics in the shop inventories you need to deleta all *.dds files in your RenderedItems folder.

Ninja2dan
10-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Mod has been running great up until today. Went to SM to take a mission, and when I open the options menu the screen is all black. This happened after I talked to a weapons dealer and some of the screen that is normally black was white instead. Some kind of graphics problem.

I have quit the game and reloaded it, but the main menu is still showing up all black and I can't see any of the options buttons to click on. Is this a known issue, or is there a possible fix to the problem? I'm running 1280x1024 res. I will try changing it to see if that helps.

I have also noticed a problem with one of the missions. The bob in the harbor gave me a mission to find a Book of Koans. I looked everywhere for it, didn't find anything. After the mission said I couldn't find it in the log I talked with him again and somehow it gave him the book and mission completed. I had no item to give him, and there was nothing to tell me when or if I had found it.

Now he wants 12 missing pages of the same book, and I'm lost again at where to look or what I'm even looking for. I've been to every possible location that I'm capable of going to, and I have searched every crate, car, or box in every location and still nothing. Are those quests bugged?

Overall, getting around those few bugs, the mod is doing ok. I like the modifications to the weapons especially, it's nice having more realistic ranges and damage values. I have only seen a few of the new weapons, but I'm also only on level 4 so I expect to see more soon. I was a bit disappointed to see some of the normal items missing from the crates in the base, but I'm sure I'll make due.

Good job so far, and I hope the graphical bug can be resolved so I can get back to playing.

EDIT: I tried loading it again, still same issues. 1280x1024 and 1280x960 keep showing black main menu. 1024x768 shows the menus fine, but the shop window has the original graphic bug. 800x600 runs fine, both the menus and the shop windows work normally, but that graphic setting is too low for me and looks like crap.

R@S
10-29-2009, 02:20 PM
About the black screens, you should've set all the TGA files in your gamedir\BMP\HUD\ sub-folders to read only. Then you wouldn't have had this problem. What you need to do is back-up your save files, uninstall the game. Then re-install it and put back yout old save files.

It has come to my attention that there are some issues with the source code for the 0.7 version. I'll try to have a fix uploaded sometime this weekend.

Aderas
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey, guys. This looks like a really great mod, but I have one questions: Is it possible for me to add the G36KE back in? I really, REALLY like that gun, and it was a sore blow to see it taken off (I assume this has a reason though, maybe?)

Also... I would like to be able to modify the Mercenaries' names and maybe stats, something I have been entirely unable to do. How do you guys do it?

Anyways, yeah, I'm kindof a newbie here, so... yeah. I'd appreciate help, but I understand if you guys have more important stuff to do than bother with me. =p

(Also, just started a game, is there a reason I start with no weapon now?)

R@S
11-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Hey Aderas

The reason the G36E was removed was because the game has a weapon limit, there can only be 255 weapons total. We added the AG36 as a replacement and you still have the G36KE and the G36. The G36E was just as good as the G36 but with the 1.5x scope instead of the 3.5x. If you want a G36E, buy a G36 and put a 1.5 scope on it:)

The mercenaries names and stats can be changed in their ini files found in the ActorsINI folder. To change their ingame name just edit the first line, the Name "New_Name" and you're good to go. Their skills and stats are pretty self explanatory:p

So, starting with no equipment is part of an effort to make the game a little harder and more fun. I always felt that you got your hands on weapons too early and that made it too easy. Now you have to work for your weapons. Talk to one of the hookers in Puerto Viejo, she'll give you a quest that gives you your first gun. In the next release there'll be a completely revamped economy and changed levels for weapons.

And I've forgotten to add a link to a fix in this forum, it adds a new mission along with some fixes, like adding the .357 deagle to the shops.

The B.F.X. Mod v 0.7 beta Fix 1 (http://rapidshare.com/files/300663969/BFX_0.7_fix_1.rar)

R@S

Aderas
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Oh, very good point! Thank you very much, I guess I'd assumed the G36KE and G36E were the same, but that makes more sense. =p Thanks!

And also, thank you very much for telling me about the INI there, but I can't seem to find some of the Mercs, like Spartan and Dimwit and such. I assume they're there somewhere, right?

Edit; Ahah! I found it. Searching the ActorsINI for 'Mercenary' shows all the mercenaries, or at least the default ones. There's a total of 32 files with Mercenary in it, one of which is 'Player7' for some reason. So I believe that answers my question for the most part, thank you again!

Edit2; I have another question, actually... in the Mercenary files, there are a few stats that don't seem to apply in game, and most of them are labeled 0 anyways, except one. They are LRK, TMP, LED, CHA, & TRD, with STH having a value. I can't seem to figure out what these are... do you guys know?

Edit3: Erm... another problem. I'm doing the first stuff, just got my first gun, and am trying to do the shootout with the four bandits. For some reason though, it seems to crash every so often while trying it (Which is pretty difficult- always seem to get shot in the head by that last fellow) so it's a bit inconvenient. I haven't modified anything in the game yet, so I don't think I did anything wrong.

Edit4: Alright, LAST question, then I'll cool it for a while. =p How does one go about editing the portraits and models of characters, as well as their background and what they say? I realize that these things are much more complicated, but I have a fellow here willing to modify the models for me for a special game I'm going to be running, and we need to figure out how. The editing of what the mercs say, I imagine, would be a matter of making new .wav files and editing the SUBTITLES config, right? Anyways, thanks again for the help, guys. If I can figure out how to work all this stuff I'd be willing to help you guys with your mod if you need the help. I would also like to edit how much they cost, and maybe scale their weapon loadouts and costs to the current CGL level, but I'm not sure how to go about either.

R@S
11-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Edit2; I have another question, actually... in the Mercenary files, there are a few stats that don't seem to apply in game, and most of them are labeled 0 anyways, except one. They are LRK, TMP, LED, CHA, & TRD, with STH having a value. I can't seem to figure out what these are... do you guys know?LRK and TMP are a mystery for me too. but LED is Leadership, CHA is charisma, TRD is Trade and STH is Stealth.

Edit3: Erm... another problem. I'm doing the first stuff, just got my first gun, and am trying to do the shootout with the four bandits. For some reason though, it seems to crash every so often while trying it (Which is pretty difficult- always seem to get shot in the head by that last fellow) so it's a bit inconvenient. I haven't modified anything in the game yet, so I don't think I did anything wrong.Is this the Fakirov ambush by the school bus? Or is it the Paquito mission in Santa-Maria?

Edit4: Alright, LAST question, then I'll cool it for a while. =p How does one go about editing the portraits and models of characters, as well as their background and what they say? I realize that these things are much more complicated, but I have a fellow here willing to modify the models for me for a special game I'm going to be running, and we need to figure out how. The editing of what the mercs say, I imagine, would be a matter of making new .wav files and editing the SUBTITLES config, right? Anyways, thanks again for the help, guys. If I can figure out how to work all this stuff I'd be willing to help you guys with your mod if you need the help. I would also like to edit how much they cost, and maybe scale their weapon loadouts and costs to the current CGL level, but I'm not sure how to go about either.First off, the portraits. They can be found in one of the AZP packs, in the \BMP\Hud\FACES and \BMP\Hud\LARGEFACES folders in those archives. If you don't know how to open or extract those, here's a link on how to make it simple: Link will be supplied later, the site is unavailable atm, sorry

As for the Character models, those are much more complicated. You need to familiarize yourself with how the structure work in their individual \Actors\Monsters\*.azp files. There is an *.ACT file for various variants for the model, like model for head, body, with helmet, armor and so on. Some of these *.act files is in binary format so you need to use a binary editor if you're going to use a different name for the new textures.
Once you've figured that out you need to find the texture for that specific model located in the \Media\Actors folder in one of the AZP archives.

New mercenary comments are hard coded and a bit trickier, you need to make replace function of their comment phrases in the source code and compile those in a new mod. Once that is done you can edit the subtitles file to use the new wav files if you made any.

Merc prices are also hard coded, but you can use the outsourcedini mod from the BFX mod to make it simple. In the ini folder there is an ini file by that name where you can edit those values.

To alter the characters inventories, use the built-in inventory editor. just open their *.inv files located in the InventoryINI folder and go crazy. To start the inv editor, make sure you have the fixed 1024 TGA's installed that somes with the patch and edit the shortcut to say something like "D:\Games\7.62\E6.exe" -editor in the target window.

Have fun and remember, "The one asking questions increases the wisdom of many":)

R@S

Aderas
11-26-2009, 01:55 PM
LRK and TMP are a mystery for me too. but LED is Leadership, CHA is charisma, TRD is Trade and STH is Stealth.

I see! Well, alright then. Do Charisma and Trade have any use for the Mercenaries in game?

Is this the Fakirov ambush by the school bus? Or is it the Paquito mission in Santa-Maria?

This is the mission to save 'Mister Sister' in the starting city.

First off, the portraits. They can be found in one of the AZP packs, in the \BMP\Hud\FACES and \BMP\Hud\LARGEFACES folders in those archives. If you don't know how to open or extract those, here's a link on how to make it simple: Link will be supplied later, the site is unavailable atm, sorry

Alright, cool. My FACES and LARGEFACES files are either E6B files or TGA, being text and picture respectively. I can get the portraits open with GIMP, and I'm going to experiment with that if I can. I would appreciate that link on how to open AZP packs when you can get it though!

As for the Character models, those are much more complicated. You need to familiarize yourself with how the structure work in their individual \Actors\Monsters\*.azp files. There is an *.ACT file for various variants for the model, like model for head, body, with helmet, armor and so on. Some of these *.act files is in binary format so you need to use a binary editor if you're going to use a different name for the new textures.
Once you've figured that out you need to find the texture for that specific model located in the \Media\Actors folder in one of the AZP archives.

I checked my Monsters folder, and none of the files seem to be .act, all AZP.

New mercenary comments are hard coded and a bit trickier, you need to make replace function of their comment phrases in the source code and compile those in a new mod. Once that is done you can edit the subtitles file to use the new wav files if you made any.

Merc prices are also hard coded, but you can use the outsourcedini mod from the BFX mod to make it simple. In the ini folder there is an ini file by that name where you can edit those values.

Where can I get the source code, and can I get it in English (Or at least get a handy translator bundled with it? =p ) And, in the outsourcedini file I found all the Mercenaries with their prices next to them, so I thought (A sample being
EarlJameson "3600" //Earp

ManchuChung "2500" //Cobra

MazzyLiklik "4400" //Ali)
But changing those didn't seem to have any effect, and I can't open the files in the outsourcedconfig mod.

To alter the characters inventories, use the built-in inventory editor. just open their *.inv files located in the InventoryINI folder and go crazy. To start the inv editor, make sure you have the fixed 1024 TGA's installed that somes with the patch and edit the shortcut to say something like "D:\Games\7.62\E6.exe" -editor in the target window.

I found those inventory files, and I assume changing each stage to have weapons of similar strength for that stage won't have any adverse effects? That said, and with the knowledge that changing their prices would be hardcoded, is it possible to scale their price to the current CGL?

Have fun and remember, "The one asking questions increases the wisdom of many":)

I am indeed having alot of fun working with this game, in both the technical aspects and the gameplay. And, aye, I thank you for answering all the questions I'm asking! It is very greatly appreciated.

R@S
11-26-2009, 02:38 PM
I see! Well, alright then. Do Charisma and Trade have any use for the Mercenaries in game?The trade skill is used when calculating the prices you get when buying/selling at traders.

Alright, cool. My FACES and LARGEFACES files are either E6B files or TGA, being text and picture respectively. I can get the portraits open with GIMP, and I'm going to experiment with that if I can. I would appreciate that link on how to open AZP packs when you can get it though!Here's the link:
http://www.strategyfirst.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35337

But you can also extract and pack it manually in the command prompt, but that's a hassle and win commander is a lovely and easy tool to use. Check the mod kit for instructions and syntax if you choose to do it manually.

I checked my Monsters folder, and none of the files seem to be .act, all AZP.The *.act files are inside those AZP archives.

Where can I get the source code, and can I get it in English (Or at least get a handy translator bundled with it? =p ) And, in the outsourcedini file I found all the Mercenaries with their prices next to them, so I thought (A sample being
EarlJameson "3600" //Earp

ManchuChung "2500" //Cobra

MazzyLiklik "4400" //Ali)
But changing those didn't seem to have any effect, and I can't open the files in the outsourcedconfig mod.You need to activate the new price system, edit the PriceSystem "1" to PriceSystem "2" and your changes should take effect.

Here's a link to the mod-kit and source code. It's in russian so you need to use google translate if you wanna use it. The English source code has never been released, so you have to make due with this.

7.62 - Mod-kit and Source Code (http://rapidshare.com/files/244885999/Mod-kit_source.rar)

I found those inventory files, and I assume changing each stage to have weapons of similar strength for that stage won't have any adverse effects? That said, and with the knowledge that changing their prices would be hardcoded, is it possible to scale their price to the current CGL?It can be done by applying a CGL check in their source code files and have a multiplier that increases that value. I'm not very good at programming and have some expert help in these matters. If you know coding it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out.

Aderas
11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Awesome, thank you very much again! I'll work on it later tonight and see if I can get it all figured out. Have a happy thanksgiving if you guys are celebrating it!

Aderas
11-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you folks on this.

The trade skill is used when calculating the prices you get when buying/selling at traders.

How does that work exactly, with the other mercs? Do I get a discount if they have a higher skill and are in my group, or do they have to do the buying?

Here's the link:
http://www.strategyfirst.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35337

But you can also extract and pack it manually in the command prompt, but that's a hassle and win commander is a lovely and easy tool to use. Check the mod kit for instructions and syntax if you choose to do it manually.

I've tried using this tool, but I can't seem to figure out how to use it, or else it's not working properly. I've added the AZP and e5p plugins, but when I go into my Actors\Monsters folder, the AZP files are all empty, and it doesn't seem to be able to unpack them. I've read what relevant help files I could, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I'm going to start looking into the source code either way, so I'll look around that stuff.

R@S
12-03-2009, 09:45 AM
The trading skill is calculated for the merc you use when talking to the trader, not the others in your team.

The Total Commander plugin works fine if you follow the instructions to the letter. Hundreds of people have managed to get it to work and if it doesn't work for you there's something you've missed. But you can do it in the cammand prompt too, the syntax is something like "AZP x file.azp c:\folder" depending on where and which file you plan to unpack. Just make sure the AZP.exe and archive is in the folder you run the command from. Easy piecy:)

Carlomencia
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Just installed a fresh game with your mod 7 and its fix and unofficial patch .98, also switch needed files to read only 10 min into game playing your mister sister
"quest" and i have a recurrent crash at the end of that mission, what am i to do? I have never crashed b4 this early in the game and I only installed your mod because of the purported "bug fixes". Last install I had went on pretty far into the game until i had a recurrent crash at the bomb on truck defusing part of one particular mission.

catdog
12-10-2009, 04:28 AM
I would to know why BFX mod delete Tactical Light? It is the mojor addon to guns,doesn't it?

Also,these is no bullet ejecting while the M82A4 shooting.

catdog
12-12-2009, 07:33 AM
BFX mod is good,but I just would to know how to add the rifle Tactical Light back.Can any body teach me to do that?

kgasuns
12-22-2009, 12:02 PM
I tried to talk to the politician in the government town [forgot the name], he says something about Uribe, help and 15 000 money, and suddenly the game just starts showing game credits - company, authors etc. It practically crashes.

Also I was wondering, if the hooker "with the store" was really intended to be that generous?

Gargantou
12-25-2009, 12:28 AM
For some reason I'm having trouble accessing Strategy First forums these days to follow the modding community on their most active forum, anyone else having issues connecting to their forums?

Thanks for any helpful reply.

qdlat
12-25-2009, 10:49 AM
There is a technical glitch with the mod. When I choose to start a new game, my character does not have any inventory, while in non-modded version has a pistol, grenade & some other stuff. Was it intended or a bug?

If you did not have such problem I would be also grateful for the info.

I have English version bought in Poland, already patched to 1.11 build 286.

When I start a non-modded game, save it and then load after installing the mode, game crashes, but I presume it is normal.

izechias
12-25-2009, 10:04 PM
When I choose to start a new game, my character does not have any inventory, while in non-modded version has a pistol, grenade & some other stuff. Was it intended or a bug?

It was intended. (or uninteded if you ask your mexican guide ;) )

-----------
sorry for my english

izechias
12-25-2009, 10:11 PM
I'd like to ask if there's a way to modify the appearence of items, for example a unifrom including ski mask like the one the bad guys are wearing... or more precisely said: you put on the uniform and your character's head is replaced with robber's for example

kgasuns
12-26-2009, 05:04 AM
There is a technical glitch with the mod. When I choose to start a new game, my character does not have any inventory, while in non-modded version has a pistol, grenade & some other stuff. Was it intended or a bug?

If you did not have such problem I would be also grateful for the info.

I have English version bought in Poland, already patched to 1.11 build 286.

When I start a non-modded game, save it and then load after installing the mode, game crashes, but I presume it is normal.

I have heard it is intended to be so. There is a hooker behind the hotel that has guns (perhaps even too many). I left the town without any veapons by accident, but was lucky to crawl behind the closest villain, then run to him and strike, before the poor bastard could shoot, then I took his postol and took out the rest.

kgasuns
12-26-2009, 05:11 AM
I am experiencing some more glitches. Tanya just dissapeared at some moment - everybody else is there at the camp, but Tanya seems to have dissapeared for good. Even missions, where I betray the government to help the rebels do not revive her.

Also there is a strange Librarian in Sagrada from the very start, who starts to talk to me like there is some history behind it already. It looks like he is part of some mission, because he mentiontens some Bob (that has told him everything... what? I have not met a single Bob yet) and brings my squad to some strange underground, but I do not go further in the underground, because I do not want to spoil the potential mission.

Also it is not clear, if the preacher who orders me to kill Mister Sister, does pay anything afterwards. He behaves like nothing had happened (just the option to end conversation), although I went to kill the poor bastard-hooker straight off.

R@S
12-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I'd like to ask if there's a way to modify the appearence of items, for example a unifrom including ski mask like the one the bad guys are wearing... or more precisely said: you put on the uniform and your character's head is replaced with robber's for example

It is possible, but a major task if one would do it for all the mercs. I suggest you start looking into the AZP archives in the Actors\Monster\ folder. There you'll find the files that point to the heads and bodies the models use. There it's just a matter of changing the textures used for that model. But if you wanna have the "uniform" function, you need to edit a lot of files, and in the end you don't have a model texture for a masked bandit head that uses some of the equipment(like NVG's or helmets).

I tried to talk to the politician in the government town [forgot the name], he says something about Uribe, help and 15 000 money, and suddenly the game just starts showing game credits - company, authors etc. It practically crashes.

Also I was wondering, if the hooker "with the store" was really intended to be that generous?Hmm, weird issue since the hookers aren't supposed to buy/sell things. It might have to do with some GUMID being mixed up, but those errors were supposed to be fixed in the 0.8 version.

I am experiencing some more glitches. Tanya just dissapeared at some moment - everybody else is there at the camp, but Tanya seems to have dissapeared for good. Even missions, where I betray the government to help the rebels do not revive her.

Also there is a strange Librarian in Sagrada from the very start, who starts to talk to me like there is some history behind it already. It looks like he is part of some mission, because he mentiontens some Bob (that has told him everything... what? I have not met a single Bob yet) and brings my squad to some strange underground, but I do not go further in the underground, because I do not want to spoil the potential mission.

Also it is not clear, if the preacher who orders me to kill Mister Sister, does pay anything afterwards. He behaves like nothing had happened (just the option to end conversation), although I went to kill the poor bastard-hooker straight off. Another one of those weird issues, are you playing with the 0.7 version? anyways, here's the link to the 0.8 version, just in case:

Blue Sun Mod 0.8 (http://rapidshare.com/files/319780252/Blue_Sun_Mod_0.8.rar)

The Tanya issue is weird, I know she is supposed to disappear at a certain point of the game, but in that case your Journal tells you who to talk to to continue the story.

For some reason I'm having trouble accessing Strategy First forums these days to follow the modding community on their most active forum, anyone else having issues connecting to their forums?

Thanks for any helpful reply. Yeah, SFI seems to have some connectivity issues, I've experienced the same.

LovelyPencils
12-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi, can someone upload this mod to another host? My ISP blocked Rapidshare and Mediafire thanks :)

Csimbi
12-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi, can someone upload this mod to another host? My ISP blocked Rapidshare and Mediafire thanks :)

You should change your ISP or use a proxy.

izechias
12-28-2009, 10:36 PM
It is possible, but a major task if one would do it for all the mercs. I suggest you start looking into the AZP archives in the Actors\Monster\ folder. There you'll find the files that point to the heads and bodies the models use. There it's just a matter of changing the textures used for that model.

I overwrote the "*_HEAD.AZP" files of my mercs with "236_carabineer_Head.azp" file I found in the Monsters folder. The result is on the image. I dont have to watch their ugly faces anymore, altough I can't take off the "masks" in-game (which doesn't bother me).

http://www.upnito.sk/imgresize.php?id=665ca79f507acbb7bc8b58fcb5d93471&ms=728

---------
pardon my english

Gargantou
12-31-2009, 03:28 AM
Thanks for your reply R@S, I hope 0.9 is on track, huge thanks for your great mod :)

salucifer
01-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I change the unit price of mercenaries in outsourceconfig, but the values in the game has not changed.
Can u help me !?

kgasuns
01-09-2010, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=izechias;131995]I overwrote the "*_HEAD.AZP" files of my mercs with "236_carabineer_Head.azp" file I found in the Monsters folder. The result is on the image. I dont have to watch their ugly faces anymore..

Good job, mate! ;) I also think that most of the faces look like alchoholics. And (not being discriminating or anything) they do look very Russian. :D

kgasuns
01-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Yes, I was playing 0.7. Obviously it was just before you released 0.8 or it was not available through the Strategy First forum due to forum not being accessible.

Anyway, thanks for the mod! Have not played the game for a year or two, and this was my first try now. Eventually I did get tired of the mission bugs (hate them more than anything from the original Russian vanilla release years ago), but it is a great improvement over vanilla by any means. I tried the vanilla afterward, and, although it was finally stable, it felt (and was) hugely disbalanced.

Robbers stole computer from my apartment on the New Years Eve... with the original Russian disc in it (I first bought Russian version). So I am back to the English version which I bought lately and your mod. :D

P.S. By the way, speaking of weapons and balancing, do you happen to know, if your version has weapon balancing created by Incapacitator included. As much as I could follow on the Russian forum, it was eventually included in the vanilla via 1.11 patch. (I did like this addition.)

salucifer
01-10-2010, 08:21 AM
I change the unit price of mercenaries in outsourceconfig, but the values in the game has not changed.
Can u help me !?

plzzzzzzz ! :(

R@S
01-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Can u help me !?I just checked it and it works fine, the trick is to activate the new price system. You can do that by setting it like this in the outsourcedconfig.ini:
//********* Mercs *********\\

PriceSystem "2" //1 Standard / 2 New (daily pay)

Once that is done you can alter each mercs' daily price below in the same file.

P.S. By the way, speaking of weapons and balancing, do you happen to know, if your version has weapon balancing created by Incapacitator included. As much as I could follow on the Russian forum, it was eventually included in the vanilla via 1.11 patch. (I did like this addition.)
I think Incapacitators weapon mod came after the 1.11 patch and I haven't seen him around in a long time. Anyways, there is some work being done on the weapon stats and I hope they'll be ready soon. I think it's one of the things needed to make the game more challenging.

salucifer
01-14-2010, 12:36 AM
i did it.
thank you, R@S !

R@S
01-30-2010, 08:53 AM
The new version is released, check OP for links and info.

kgasuns
02-13-2010, 02:12 AM
Strategy First forum does not work - is it permanent or just temporal?

I decided to go for some mission spoilers... and the forum is not working. Ok, will probably just have to wait. :)

OneMug
02-18-2010, 04:29 AM
Just d/l & Installed 7.62, ver 1.11 from GamersGate.

Very first NPG I talked to was selling M1911 .45. On the black screen, I could move pistol but not complete transaction. Wait, wait...read next paragraph. Don't start bitchin' me out yet. (Later, maybe) :)

I have copied the Fixes (read only, English translation for 'nades, bandit_serv.inv change) listed in this forum and & hope they help.

Questions:
1. After fixes above, should I start a new game or will the fixes work with my previous set up?

2. When will this Mod be available? [QUOTE
The Blue Sun Mod v 1.0 (preliminary release date: Q1 2010)
Fixes and tweaks[/QUOTE]

3. If I install R@S mod Bue Sun, ver. 0.9,
will I have to start a new gamer when 1.0 comes out?
Where is the link to mod ver 0.9? The main link still shows ver. 0.7

I've played all the main JA & Brigade E-5 (vanilla, all 3 factions) & Bloody Money). four play throughs. Obviously I like it. So I hope the bugs in 7.62 can be minimized.

New on forum. Trying to learn. TIA, OneMug

R@S
02-18-2010, 07:06 AM
Don't start bitchin' me out yet. (Later, maybe) :)I would never do that, it's against my religion;)

I have copied the Fixes (read only, English translation for 'nades, bandit_serv.inv change) listed in this forum and & hope they help.I would suggest you install the latest unofficial patch before you install the mod files. Since you're playing 1024x768, the black inventory screen suggests that, you need a couple of files from the patch.

1. After fixes above, should I start a new game or will the fixes work with my previous set up?If these are the only changes you made you should be able to continue the game. But keep in mind that if you install the latest unofficial patch a new game is required. It's because of some changes in the source code and that might cause issues.

2. When will this Mod be available?
The Blue Sun Mod v 1.0 will be release in a few weeks, I'm not sure exactly when since i have a lot of stuff at work as well. Hopefully it will be ready in early March, but I can't give an exact date

3. If I install R@S mod Bue Sun, ver. 0.9,
will I have to start a new gamer when 1.0 comes out?Not sure about this yet. So far I have only made a few minor changes to the code, but there might be more. But my best guess at this stage is that a new game will be required.

Where is the link to mod ver 0.9? The main link still shows ver. 0.7The OP has links to the latest version, but if you're as lazy as I, here's a direct linky:
http://rapidshare.com/files/342600727/Blue_Sun_Mod_0.9_Beta.rar

To minimize the chances of CTD's you should restart the game every hour or so. If you play the game for more than 2 hours straight the game becomes sluggish and causes random CTD's. If you do that you might be able to play through the game without a single CTD.

Have fun and don't forget to save often:grin:

R@S

OneMug
02-18-2010, 07:51 PM
R@S, glad your religion is kindness, a la the Dahli Lama? :)

I've d/l the patch but rapid share says they're too busy to let cheapskates like me d/l Blue Sun for free. I'll try later.

One requirement seems to be a "clean install". Initially, I started one game, discovered the black screens, stopped, did the ~50 "read only" check marks in the HUD folder. Deleted the 2 saves, tried a 2nd new game, same black screens. Deleted those 2 saves.

Do I have to do a complete reinstall now before I install the patch & the mod?

Thanks for your assistance. OneMug

R@S
02-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Do I have to do a complete reinstall now before I install the patch & the mod?
If you haven't altered or added any other files than the ones mentioned above, there should be no need for a clean install.

If RapidShare still gives you a problem, here's the MediaFire linky:

Blue Sun Mod 0.9 (http://www.mediafire.com/?gzgmyzzaydm)

have fun

R@S

jamalyeh
02-19-2010, 12:21 PM
just a suggestion i am dyng to see EOtech and foregrip in this game

OneMug
02-19-2010, 07:03 PM
R@S, Rapid share let me d/l free after I checked about 3 hours later.

I started a new game and everything is running fine!

Note: After the patch & Mod were installed, just to make sure, I went through all the .tga files in the HUD folder. I was surprised to find that there were about 20+ tgas that didn't have "read only" checks marks. I put them in all. I don't know if those check marks not being in the.tga files (after the patch/mod adds files) might be the cause of some others' screen troubles?

I AM having fun! Thanks a lot for your advice, R@S.

OneMug
BTW, there was a modder, advisor, and all-around helpful contributor in BE5, other strategy games and, IIRC, early 7.62 forums. His handle was "AFP" and he was also a very helpful resource. Anyone heard from him lately?

R@S
02-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Glad it's working for you, and thanks for letting me know about those TGA files. I'll go through them again and see if I've forgotten some.

I saw afp over at Bohemia's ARMA2 forum a few months ago and I think he's active over at the 6thsense community as well. He's up to his old tricks, modding a great game(ARMA).

R@S
03-01-2010, 07:15 PM
There has been some new things happening lately and I have decided to postpone the release of the final version.

What are these things you might wonder. The weapon limit, which currently is 256, has been raised to 4096. This means that all the weapons that has been removed to make place for the new ones will be put back in the game. There might also be some new ones, I'll see if I can find some that are graphically acceptable.

0a.Archangel.a0
03-12-2010, 08:35 AM
HI RAS, great job with the mod. made the game a lot more fun :-D. Too bad that the new version will be delayed. I was looking forward so much to it.

The game in general (this is not about your mod but maybe you can help with something) still lacks in the amount of side quests just like the E5 and once u kill some NPC then there are even less:-( too bad. Can u change the frequency when at least the package and donor missions reappear?

Also the camouflage and sneak in this game sucks. I played the game with my char. at full 80 camouflage and it was kinda LAME no special effect, just totaly minor difference in the visibility and stealth bar. I find it kinda stupid that the fella is incapable of sneaking on someone and instant knife-kill him.
The stealth in general sucks, if it at least influenced the efectivity when usind stealth equipment and the stealth killing of others. Secondly, no matter what u do, u cant kill someone stealthly without the complete map knowing about it (only quests related kill are possible but even those get often buged).

Can you do something about the decreasing of popularity within town ewhen killing someone? Its just logical that if i go alone and knife someone at his home without anyone around that noone should know about it.

BTW I have a problem with units placement in the next quest after saving the blue sun base, ambushed convoys or something that I need to inspect and so on. I allways appear beneath the terain. at least i can leave the mission :-( though.
Secondly can u program the NPC reactions to atacks? Like the assault on BSB to make the Boss there and lets say 2 guards to stay inside the house?
Like the boss to hide in the office and guards to camp at the door before the office? I ahte to run around just to keep him from harm. (Hate it in all missions) Mainly the cop chief in the one mision (brother for brother or something) Man how i would hope there will be once in every game a stunbow or poison arrows or anything that I can shoot on my own without rising suspicion and simply stopping them from fu...ing the situation for me.

PLEASE SHUT-UP PAQUITO - I almost went insane with allways listening to his freaking one and the same slogan. Could'nt wait till the end of game, shot him in the head before I left. MAAN felt good :-D

I kinda didnt try the hardlife as it is all in russian and I am still not sure if it is an improvement, are you implementing something from it too? I know russian language but I am more used to english.

best of luck and keep up the good work :-D

aaah one more thing, can u change the time when the nightvission gogles appear? I completed the game without even seeing them :-(, and also adding some merc camouflage uniforms? at least for little camo boost? And add a ski mask and helms with ski masks? i think many would like tos ee those. Mainly because I play Ivanov character prebuild and I kinda dont take the dick face as an experience meercenary appearance. Why cant one set himself the abilities of his character? Can u change it?

R@S
03-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks a millon for all this feedback, the more I get the better the end result will be.

The game in general (this is not about your mod but maybe you can help with something) still lacks in the amount of side quests just like the E5 and once u kill some NPC then there are even less:-( too bad. Can u change the frequency when at least the package and donor missions reappear?
The Donor quest will only be available once, otherwise they could be used to get too much money. I will try to make them a little more challenging.

The Random quests, packets and so forth, can be reset. You choose when they are changed by talking to the bartender, then check with the local mayor or trader to see what kind of random quest is available.

Also the camouflage and sneak in this game sucks. I played the game with my char. at full 80 camouflage and it was kinda LAME no special effect, just totaly minor difference in the visibility and stealth bar. I find it kinda stupid that the fella is incapable of sneaking on someone and instant knife-kill him.
The stealth in general sucks, if it at least influenced the efectivity when usind stealth equipment and the stealth killing of others. Secondly, no matter what u do, u cant kill someone stealthly without the complete map knowing about it (only quests related kill are possible but even those get often buged).
Sneaking up on people is very hard, I prefer distance kills with a silenced rifle. Even if they shoot back, they don't know exactly where you are and this might lead you to beleave that they see you. I sometimes use a scout to crawl up close, then have my sniper take them out. They often run over my scout without even seing him/her. The game has 2 skills that determines the stealth value, camo and stealth. the latter is the most important if you plan to move up close.

Can you do something about the decreasing of popularity within town ewhen killing someone? Its just logical that if i go alone and knife someone at his home without anyone around that noone should know about it.
Very hard to implement, but I'll see if I can do something about it.

BTW I have a problem with units placement in the next quest after saving the blue sun base, ambushed convoys or something that I need to inspect and so on. I allways appear beneath the terain. at least i can leave the mission though.
Secondly can u program the NPC reactions to atacks? Like the assault on BSB to make the Boss there and lets say 2 guards to stay inside the house? Like the boss to hide in the office and guards to camp at the door before the office? I ahte to run around just to keep him from harm.

PLEASE SHUT-UP PAQUITO - I almost went insane with allways listening to his freaking one and the same slogan. Could'nt wait till the end of game, shot him in the head before I left. MAAN felt good

aaah one more thing, can u change the time when the nightvission gogles appear? I completed the game without even seeing them :-D
Consider it done:)

and also adding some merc camouflage uniforms? at least for little camo boost? And add a ski mask and helms with ski masks? i think many would like tos ee those. Mainly because I play Ivanov character prebuild and I kinda dont take the dick face as an experience meercenary appearance. Why cant one set himself the abilities of his character? Can u change it?
The ski-mask idea is possible to do, but it requires to alter ALL 40 mercs' 3d models, it's the same with uniforms. The HLA guys did it when making new helmet models, but it took them almost a month to do. If I did it myself it would take more than double that time, and I'm too lazy;)

The new item limit has kept me busy this week, here's a teaser:

AK-9
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7048/ak9pso.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/ak9pso.jpg/)

MD-97L
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4756/md97l.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/i/md97l.jpg/)

Desert Eagle with collimator
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6221/descope.jpg (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/descope.jpg/)

Norinco NDM-86
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7916/ndm86.jpg (http://img412.imageshack.us/i/ndm86.jpg/)

And I've been playing around with frontgrips. I hope to soon have a proper grip model, the one in the pics is a temporary one.
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5492/g36cgrip01.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/i/g36cgrip01.jpg/)
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8827/griphands.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/griphands.jpg/)

0a.Archangel.a0
03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
HI, RaS.

Its allways nice to see how fast you react to fellas here :-D.

You reminded me of quite some things.

I knew about the restart of missions at the bartender but i kinda didnt used them :-P. I feared that I might loose some more interesting missions like the one from guns dealers and so on and alter I forgot about it completely :-D.

About the stealth: Yep i noticed that enemies tend to look and fire in all directions and that they dont see me, I quite love to see them panic like that :-D, worser is when they run all around and trying to track u down :-P but its just more FACE-shots for me :-D
But mainly i got mad about the stealth functionality when i accepted Rob-yu into group. That guy is like a step to be a bright bubble looking into guns barrel if I look at his stats (camouflage) but somehow i can often see that the enemies FIND and FIRE at me sooner than at him. I kinda didnt like the idead that they see me in the nice sniper camo outfit (cant figure the correct name) proning at long distance when ROB YO is lying only some meters in fron of them. I use the guy as my heavy machineguuner as he has the best skill in that category from my team so eventaly he nailed most of the cretens in a one 200 shot BARAGE :-D kinda stole the frags from ym main char :-(
Even after he begun with the rampage it took them few seconds till they realised how close is he and treid o kill him. This is what I concern a heavy fail.

Sorry to hear about the masks and your lack of taste, but dont worry i admire your work and hell, many of others too :-D, so we look forward to anything you come up with. Keep up the good work.

Since E5 I was looking forward to a vehicle engagement...too bad that even now its not possible.

BTW is it possible to modify the engagements in jungle? Like so that it is not allways only about the bandits atacking me. Like for example:
You encountered a convoy, look as if they have a problem with engine of one of the trucks-this can be like a slave convoy(thus improve your popularity in the town from which they were abducted if u manage to save them)
- guns convoy (for bandits, rebels, algeria national forces, merchants - increase decrease popularit based on who you bang)
- supplies convoy (basicaly the same but u find different items in boxes or cars)
- merchant convoy - bestly either to engage kill and rob, or jsut talk and buy and sell equipment.
- smugglers - everyones favourite, best with some rare or early available lategame equipment.
secondly lets sy: You have found a jungle camp (again bandits, rebels, etc.-principles of base assault)
another issue is when you encounter a patrol and say yes to engagement, they shouldnt be aware that you are there, like if the simply walk across the map and go for hte leave zone on the far end. This would be a great fun, cuz u can test your traps skill and prepare an ambush for them - finaly revenge :D
- or at least for the cases as they are to write in option window something like: you encountered a patrol, they have spotted you but you might be able to dodge them instead of the current window which i find stupid as i have an encounter but i dont have to enter the zone and continue...

And then other like: forces of ... are engaged with forces of...
or bandits are atacking a convoy, or bandits atacked a convoy and are pillaging it (difference is that here the convoy passengers are dead or imprisoned).

Wow another poetry from me :-D srry

0a.Archangel.a0
03-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Ups, forgot to thank you for the thing you agreed to help with.

Thx man :-)

R@S
03-12-2010, 11:07 AM
BTW is it possible to modify the engagements in jungle? Like so that it is not allways only about the bandits atacking me. Like for example:
You encountered a convoy, look as if they have a problem with engine of one of the trucks-this can be like a slave convoy(thus improve your popularity in the town from which they were abducted if u manage to save them)
- guns convoy (for bandits, rebels, algeria national forces, merchants - increase decrease popularit based on who you bang)
- supplies convoy (basicaly the same but u find different items in boxes or cars)
- merchant convoy - bestly either to engage kill and rob, or jsut talk and buy and sell equipment.
- smugglers - everyones favourite, best with some rare or early available lategame equipment.
secondly lets sy: You have found a jungle camp (again bandits, rebels, etc.-principles of base assault)
another issue is when you encounter a patrol and say yes to engagement, they shouldnt be aware that you are there, like if the simply walk across the map and go for hte leave zone on the far end. This would be a great fun, cuz u can test your traps skill and prepare an ambush for them - finaly revenge :D
- or at least for the cases as they are to write in option window something like: you encountered a patrol, they have spotted you but you might be able to dodge them instead of the current window which i find stupid as i have an encounter but i dont have to enter the zone and continue...It is possible and it's also a very good idea, it would make the random encounters more variable, something this game needs. It's just a matter of making the the new map configurations, enemy placements, numbers and loyalties, then add them to the Random map list. I'll look into it as soon as time permits, promise.

0a.Archangel.a0
03-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Just ahd an idead what this game lacks, LIFE. You know like when you enter one of the pubs (bar) in the game and you ehar a lot of voises and shouts and etc. but there is like none to 1 person inside, barman included :-D. Like some more npcs there, maybe some kinda special salesman who sells lets say 1 item at exremely fine price or rare item at great price. Maybe you could use the wine bottle in a way like give them to the folks there and so improve your popularity or even amybe learn some secret hideouts and etc. Or provoke some guys for a mellee battles (finaly a way to improve melee skills) without raising battle with th e police. Also sometimes to look at folks in the pub to beat themselves up would be also nice :-D. Maybe set the police come in there take them to jail :-D

R@S
03-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Another great idea, but a little harder to implement. Adding a lot of new characters to a city map would make the game sluggish and if you have a low-end computer it would be impossible to fight in a city without constant lagging. I've already added as many as I feel comfortable with in some maps, but one or two more could be added.

But the idea of adding at least one new character to the bars is a nice one, I might do it if I ever have the time:)

Kepp in mind that the AI is not part of the released source code and we have very few possibilities to change it.

0a.Archangel.a0
03-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Guess you are right, but even this could have a solution although just like u already said it requires a lot of tweaking with scripts. DO I need any special programs to view the cripts and other source files? You know c++, python or other comands language utilisers? With 3D models i dont have problem, I jsut need to knwo the output formats and any restrictions linked to them.

From as I see it I have one of those 'NASA' computers :-D so I am quite lucky but this game somehow overcharges my cores :-( Guess that when developers tried to create a good AI they set evey single unit with a private AI scripts but this is the most often mistake when trying to create a virtual enemy. Its ok when u create a single character which operates on its own, but these are team encounters and though require single comand leadership to utilize them. (I know that this is atackable if u consider that one virtual leader means complete loyalty of its sub-units and in case of bandits it would be strange to be such loyal at any situation. The longer i think about it the more comand lines i see:-D. but this is allways possible to simplify, i guess, need more praxis :-P.

I think its the number of cross comands and scripts of IF and OR, these I ussualy saw to create a lot of crossover and circular comand lines, in game its visible like dejavu, simply repeating of anything in the game. Either unit movement or they actions, or even blinks of lights or flashes there is ton of it and i bet there is something in this game that causes the same which speeds up overloading of the virtual memory and repeted recounting. Still, i got no proof. its just a thought.

What do you think? I dont think its the graphics cuz I have a nice machine that ussualy plays smoothly even a lot harder graphics :-D and numerous units. But youa re more experienced with it. whats your opinion?

R@S
03-13-2010, 04:49 PM
The scripting language is mixture of C and C++. It's easy to do once you've seen the functions and how they are used. And the buit-in compiler gives you good clues when it comes to syntax errors.

I think the lagging has to do with some bottleneck in the code, but that's only my best guess. The game uses a lot of resources and even if you have the best computer money can buy, it still starts to lagg if you play more than 2 hours without exiting to desktop and starting the game again. It might also have to do with how it stores data in the memory, and is sloppy when it comes to flush old and irrelevant data.

0a.Archangel.a0
03-13-2010, 05:14 PM
is there any possibility to get a manual or somekind of instructions for this? i kinda want to try it :-) maybe if i catch it i can help you later with something?

0a.Archangel.a0
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Just read through most of the scripts for NPCs and special items and etc. The language is easier than I thought, but still quite hard. I guess the scripting is learnable, but man this will take me some time :-(. Mostly the repeating of the same text along the IF command journey is quite confusing, sometimes with only small deviation-somebody hates to do things simple and effective :-D. I almost got a heartatack till i found a 3D program useable for this game. It sucks that the files must be act format and etc. Hopefully I can assimilate to this one too. I kinda hoped my used 3D program can export to this format but no :-(.

Looks like i might be able to create any object for this game :-D. Dont know much about the restrictions of implementation though :-(. U think u could add things like cars, houses and etc. if I provide you with their models? Basicaly if we can set items location and orientation within sectors than it should not be a problem, or? You are skilled at it what u say?

Downloaded me a few manuals for the 3D, but first i need to get home from work :-D to test it out.

I checked few other games. Do you think u could use models from 'MAN of War' and 'Capitulum' ? They kinda go on the same engine :-P.

0a.Archangel.a0
03-18-2010, 12:23 PM
I have a question for you. Can there be something done about CTD when a greande blows in your hand?

I like the ability to throw back the grenades at the oponent, laugh-like-hell when it works :-D. Too bad that the developers didnt thought of some faster way to take and throw back the grenades, sometimes it strangely takes a f... great time just to pick up the thing.

The flashbangs are the worst, under pressure I cant even throw the thing without blowing it up just in front of my face. Such a short fuse :-(. Its the only grenade which i must put in ym hands before throwing otherwise I allways f... myself :-D

R@S
03-18-2010, 03:55 PM
I never had any problems with CTD's and grenades. I would suggest you check the BMP folder and made sure none of the folders are set to read-only. The CTD's your experiencing could be caused by a writing violation.

About the grenade timer, the M84 only has a 2.3 second fuse, but you can make it longer if that suits your gaming style better. Edit the Grenadeinfo file in the INI\Items folder, the value you wanna change is the number third from the last.

Here's the M84 as an example, it's the number in red that you wanna change:
"M84"
HFlash "Grenade\Explosion\grenade2.wav""Grenade\LoadReadySound\None"0 0 0 8 15 0 2 1 2.3 0 0

0a.Archangel.a0
03-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Thx, but i guess i have to asimilate :-D i rather purely add new things to existing ones rather than changing things.

Thanks anyway, i ussually dont have the bmp set to read only, although I read a lot about it, as it allways caused some inventory problems. (black screens, missing item textures, blacked inventory space and etc. so i let it as it is and dont ahve other than this prob)

I think u are right about the writing violation... guess its to ahrd to find the error report there :-D Doesnt matter, its just a minor issue.

R@S
03-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I think I need to clarify the read-only thingy to avoid misunderstandings.

Do NOT set the folders in the BMP to read-only, or any other folder for that matter.

You MUST set all the TGA files in the subfolders(BMP\HUD\) as read-only to avoid those black/ weird screens you might get after a while of playing.

0a.Archangel.a0
03-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Oh, my mistake then.. thx

ivanra78
03-21-2010, 07:55 AM
Hi, i have just a few questions about this great game, so let me begin :grin:
When will the final version of Blue Sun Mode be released, do you have any date in mind, and i saw a new patch 1.04 and i don't quite understand what is that about, and will it work with Blue Sun Mode?
This is great game with so much potential but also with a lot of bugs at least english version, and what you are all doing is AMAZING :) , so keep up the good work. Sorry for my bad english , i am not from english speaking area :)

R@S
03-21-2010, 08:05 AM
The final version will be released in a month or so, it all depends on how the testing goes.

The unofficial patch 1.04 is for the vanilla game, not the mod. All the fixes in the patch is already included in the mod. There is one exception to this, the 1024x768 resolution fix. If you play in that resolution you need to install the patch before you install the mod files.

And I agree, this is a great game, one of the best in the genre.

0a.Archangel.a0
03-22-2010, 07:06 AM
The final version will be released in a month or so, it all depends on how the testing goes.

The unofficial patch 1.04 is for the vanilla game, not the mod. All the fixes in the patch is already included in the mod. There is one exception to this, the 1024x768 resolution fix. If you play in that resolution you need to install the patch before you install the mod files.

And I agree, this is a great game, one of the best in the genre.

100% behind you R@S :-D

R@S
03-28-2010, 09:19 AM
The final beta has been released, check OP for link.

Since I've packed up most of the mod files in an AZP archive, a new installation of 7.62 is required before you install the mod.

Keep in mind that using resources from this mod without the authers/creators expressed permission is not allowed.

waveform
04-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Final? But there are things that need fixing :(
I've barely started this game and the first thing I notice is this:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7567/inveprobo.jpg

Anyone else notice the ground inventory sorting? One item per LINE? Is this something that has always been there and nobody has done anything about it? At least I couldn't find any info in the manual or through Google that would explain this, or how it could be corrected. I have BFX 1.0 installed on top of freshly installed game.

EDIT: Never mind... saw other screenshots (so it's not about something I did or didn't do). I assume this kind of inventory sorting was never intended? It's bizarre that it has been allowed to stay like that. I pity those who don't have a scrollwheel on their mice :/

R@S
04-06-2010, 12:10 PM
LOL, it's moments like this that makes all my hard work worth while. People coming in, all piss and vinegar, complaining about stuff that has nothing to do with my mod. Priceless:)

And this isn't the final version, it's acually The Blue Sun Mod 1.0 Final Beta. I've found and fixed some minor problems with it already, and when the final version is released in May I hope there wont be any more.

I've also added some new weapons, like the MAT-49:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1383/mat49.jpg (http://img185.imageshack.us/i/mat49.jpg/)
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7226/mat49folded.jpg (http://img62.imageshack.us/i/mat49folded.jpg/)

And there'll be more. But adding new weapons doesn't cause any bugs, as long as you remember to add the to the shops;)

baroni
04-07-2010, 09:44 AM
I play this mod for some days. Of course it is great work. But I have some question about data stored in "outsourcedconfig.ini" and exactly about this:

//********* Level-Progress *********\\

//Required kills to advance level (CGL) each 1 - 1000 possible
Level1 "30"
Level2 "40"
Level3 "50"
Level4 "70"
Level5 "90"
Level6 "110"
Level7 "140"
Level8 "170"
Level9 "200"
Level10 "230"
Level11 "270"
Level12 "310"
Level13 "350"
Level14 "400"
Level15 "500"
Level16 "600"

According to this I thought that if I kill 70 enemies I will advance from 3 level to 4 level , if I kill 110 enemies I will advance from 5 level to 6 level etc. But According to Statictic Book I killed 197 enemies and I am still on 6 level (I think I should be on 8 level). I know I can raise my CGL by doing missions but nex mission is defending Convoy near Olvega - It is hard mission and because of that I wanted to gain better weapons from traders. But to do that I need to raise my CGL, etc :)

Could you explain me how Level progress works?

R@S
04-07-2010, 10:20 AM
OK, here's the rub-down:
Kill 30 enemies and you advance to level 2, but if you have killed 70 enemies total you'll advance to level 3 and kill 280 and you'll advance to level 6. If you do missions for any faction it will automatically jump you toa preset level, this explains why you're on level 6 but only killed 197.

There is however some missions you have to do in order to progress up the CGL's, like 6 to 7 is such an occasion. There you have to do the convoy attack/defend if you want a higher CGL. Other barriers are 9-10 and 15-16, I think. Not sure, I have to check the code again, which is at home

Rummon29
06-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Hi there :)

I'm Just new here. and have a couple of questions with me.

1, I can't load the B.F.X. Mod Lasted version from link in first page. It linked me to the Hosting website show that "This file was remove from the server"
and I'm about to need it badly now :P

May you please Upload it again for me?

BTW, I yet play your B.F.X. older beta, and.. Thanks!! for give me a lot of Great experience and new fun to my fav game!! you know, I'm like a ONE GUY in the hole world playing 7.62 game here :( I'm from Thailand. Here it's One-In-Million Chance to find someone who know this game :P.. and now I found you guys, Thanks God! :grin:

2, I playing game for some time and have a Big! problem that - every Mercenary don't join me!? now I have 2 Mercs with me But, when I going to ask for new Merc. They always say "I don't work for just anybody.." What does this mean??? Did every Merc in town hate me? (I guess It's not from I was Shoot one of them in the head, Is it? :P )

That's all for now :grin:
and.. I must say, I will re-install this game again and wait for your new download link.

Thanks, :grin:

Ninja2dan
06-27-2010, 06:36 AM
From my understanding, R@S has continued updating the mod but the name of the mod is now the Blue Sun Mod. You might have better luck trying to install the BSM mod, which appears to have updated and valid install files.

Rummon29
06-27-2010, 08:59 AM
From my understanding, R@S has continued updating the mod but the name of the mod is now the Blue Sun Mod. You might have better luck trying to install the BSM mod, which appears to have updated and valid install files.

Thanks for advice :grin:

now I found the Blue Sun Mod's Website. and downloading BSM 1.01

Is that the lasted version?

anyway, Thanks again. I gonna start playing it from beginning one more time :grin:

P.S. And anyone have an idea about the mercenary hate me that I told before? I really want to know why so I won't go that wrong again T_T.. :(

R@S
06-27-2010, 09:10 AM
You get a drop in Professionalship every time a merc dies in your service, and if it's you that kills him, that penalty is big. What you need to do is complete soe missions for a faction to increase your Prfessionalship again, 4 or 5 of them should do the trick.

EDIT: Yes, the BSM 1.01 is the latest version.

Rummon29
06-27-2010, 12:08 PM
You get a drop in Professionalship every time a merc dies in your service, and if it's you that kills him, that penalty is big. What you need to do is complete soe missions for a faction to increase your Prfessionalship again, 4 or 5 of them should do the trick.

EDIT: Yes, the BSM 1.01 is the latest version.

Thanks you very much :grin:

So, I'll not do this mistake again! :(

another question please, I try to rename the merc but it doesn't work. by open the ActorsINI folder. and rename the name in first line and save.? but when come back into game, their name still the same. Did I miss something?

R@S
06-27-2010, 12:49 PM
The names are stores in the save files, so if you change their name in mid-game, your changes wont show. You need to start a new game so that the new names from your edited ini file are used instead of the ones stored in the save file.

Rummon29
06-27-2010, 01:17 PM
The names are stores in the save files, so if you change their name in mid-game, your changes wont show. You need to start a new game so that the new names from your edited ini file are used instead of the ones stored in the save file.

Thanks again for your help :grin: I'm going to try now :-P

Wuinny
06-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Hello,

First thank you for the mod.

But i have a problem. Maybe a scripts.

So

-i have a fresh install of 7.62
-Installed 1.06 unofficial patch
-installed BSM 1.01

I started a new game, did the quest to have the border pass but when i pass the border nothing happen.
So i continue on the map until i'am attacked by bandits (not by the scripted soldiers of Tanya)
I already reached once the location of her camp on the map but there's nothing and i can't do anything.

Is there a fix ?
Thank you.

Oh, my rig:
-P8400 2.4Ghz
-4Go Ram
-9650M GT 1Go
-Seven x64 ultimate.

Dr.Q
06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Both the border post and the ambush by Bashirovs goons don't happen in BSM, I think there was a problem with the scripting engine but only R@S really knows.

The rebel camp can be uncovered by talking to the new librarian in Sagrada, but buying his other map is a ripoff, it will be uncovered by following the Sagrada police missions.

Which reminds me that one the first quests you should do in BSM is the drunkard in Santa Maria, he's a free merc, has a car and your luggage, and will talk to the Sagrada police for you :cool:

Wuinny
06-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Thank you for the answer.

I don't understand WHY there not any info on this in the readme !
It's at least the base...

Rummon29
07-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Hi there, :grin:

This mod is wonderful! This game never look this good before! :grin:

BTW, How can I sell the item in my car? I mean, it should have someways to sell it ALL at once? I talk to bartender and I can't find how to sell that :confused:

R@S
07-01-2010, 07:32 AM
The bartenders don't buy in bulk, only the con men and official traders do. Try talking with another trader and you'll get the option to sell everything from the trunk.

Rummon29
07-01-2010, 09:05 AM
The bartenders don't buy in bulk, only the con men and official traders do. Try talking with another trader and you'll get the option to sell everything from the trunk.

Thanks again :grin:

you are my Hero! :)

Wuinny
07-05-2010, 09:14 AM
BTW it's really sad the game is still so bugged from everywhere :(
We can't enjoy as it should this exellent mod :)

LovelyPencils
07-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Could someone please kindly upload BSM 1.0 to mediafire? Rapidshare won't work on my ISP. PLEASE!! I really want to play the newest version! :(

Mugwump
08-03-2010, 02:13 AM
The grass textures appear to be missing and show up as black blocks on my screen if I install the mod. Can you tell me how to fix this issue please?

R@S
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
The grass textures appear to be missing and show up as black blocks on my screen if I install the mod. Can you tell me how to fix this issue please?How am I supposed to help you with this? Since you posted in the B.F.X mod thread I assume you're using that and not BSM. Then I would suggest installing the BSM instead. And you need to supply more info, like what version of the mod, what patch and what OS you're using.

This is an old thread not used anymore, please don't continue posting in it 'cause it will result in weird mix-ups with the mods and patches.

Xiola
08-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi R@S, why have you removed this file.

Is it all included in the Blue Sun Mod?

I was really looking forward to the new missions and weapons, are they in the BSM too?

Thanks for your great work on this cool game.