PDA

View Full Version : get files to point to .bik files instead of .png files

grantgto101
06-18-2009, 06:22 PM
so i made a new 3d animation which i wanted to use as my startup background. Coverted it to .bik and put it in the video folder, what i cannot find is any reference to the .bik files in the .ui or txt or any other files. So my final question is, where are the files that control the video for victory,defeat, slot border etc, so i can add more animation through the use of bink videos.

As an example i would like to add a 3d animation to the hero portrait.png, so instad of having a png file one would point to a .bik file and have a nice 3d animation going.

I see one of the videos, kb-startlogo-add.bik, has been placed to run under the kb starup logo giving it a nice moving effect. I would like to do this to other parts of the game. Also is it possible to use .apng files. I tried using .gif animated images but it caused the game to crash.

pcbun
06-30-2009, 05:23 AM
Do never think that everything is included in ui and lua file. Just the very simple script, how do the game process the number of troop we choose from "buy_form.ui"? I can tell you, you can find no script how it work. And most from .ui I think is process by the kb.exe itself but not by .lua file. So I think you cant add any bik file by just simple editing lua file and ui file.

grantgto101
06-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I think you may be right man as I have looked through everyfile that is available to me and I can find nothing. any thoughts on adding 3d animation to the hero screen and ingame play.

pcbun
07-02-2009, 04:40 AM
I think u may better to change your idea on modding. Making the UI becoming fency isn't really so important for a strategy game. For me, I have made two mod, one is up to 5 reserve slot, another is you can transform troop into card and give every troop to have their own exp and lvl, it changes the gameplay and give the player difference idea to play the game. Isn't that a better direction to mod the game?

Vilk
07-05-2009, 11:27 AM
The additional reserve slots is an interesting attempt, something I wish the game had. That said if someone want make a mod to change a look there's no problem with that. Despite that's a strategy game the nice look is certainly a part of the game pleasure.

phalzyr
07-06-2009, 05:58 PM
one is up to 5 reserve slot You release it yet? If so where? :D

pcbun
07-09-2009, 02:22 AM
You release it yet? If so where? :D

I afraid I wont release that here. As it wont show the troop picture so I write some code to display the troop name. And it's integrated with other mod, and the mod is written in chinese. as I dun want to do the translation job, so I wont release it here. It's fun, u can even send you troop from reserve slot to the battle field, so u can control at most of 10 troop on the battle field. :-P

phalzyr
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Now your just being mean bragging and all. :p

Seriously though: That sounds really cool, though it would be extremely overpowered to have 10 troops in battle...especially from reserve where number are not limited to you leadership, or was that changed?