PDA

View Full Version : New R'n'R Video with ingame sound!!!

Freak Of Nature
06-11-2009, 02:52 PM
http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=ru_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fstopgame.ru%2fvreports%2f2

Enjoy :) Can anyone translate what they are talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxAU5o1Iyog

Whiskey
06-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Its just me or in all russian webs it takes ages to load a video??

Finally I could watch the RnR part. Great enviroment and damages, but...the colision with the car is not very good, and the sound...well, im not a truck expert, but I dont think it should sounds like that.

But at least, it'll be the best truck sim ever. Want to try it on my own pc hehe

Freak Of Nature
06-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Its just me or in all russian webs it takes ages to load a video??

Finally I could watch the RnR part. Great enviroment and damages, but...the colision with the car is not very good, and the sound...well, im not a truck expert, but I dont think it should sounds like that.

But at least, it'll be the best truck sim ever. Want to try it on my own pc hehe

Well it was very noisy so it was pretty hard to hear sounds, only police siren i heard clearly :D

Qwx
06-11-2009, 10:36 PM
And yet again, Freak Of Nature brings news to this forum! Great :D

I'll try to translate some of the parts, but my Russian skills are questionable :).

Denis Malcev (1C) saying: Rig'n'Roll is a sequal to Hard Truck, and Hard Truck 2 (I don't know how to translate this in English, because all games are just Rig'n'Roll basically :D). It's about races, that happens on huge highways. With or without the load (smiles) :). The way you like it.
Reporter: I'm interested in new economical regime, that basically never existed in Rig'n'Roll games - it was usually all about the racing.
Denis: First I must say, that there is an economical regime, and it will make Rig'n'Roll into an icon instantly. This regime is very complete - here we have the map of our world. Our target is to get to the top on this list of transport firms. How do we get there? We need to hire drivers. Now we can get only one driver.. No, wait, we can't even get him (tries to hire driver).... Because our rank is to low... That is, player and other drivers have ranks.
Reporter: How do we increase it?..
Denis: Player increases his rank by delivering loads, or winning races.

Then he talks about police work, damage and need of repairs and gas. Looks up the nearest repair place, it's to far away, so he calls help service (everything's pretty much like in Hard truck 2 ;)).

Reporter: ...can you give out us some secrets, like... There was never basically any scenario in game...
Denis: The game starts when Nikalaj comes to California, where he meets his old friend Mathew. Mathew owes to Nikalaj for something (and that has to do something with rank system, didn't understood), so he is thankful and helps Nikalaj to start his own transport business. After some time, when Nikalaj's already busy with his business, Mathew disappears. Nikalaj is worried and tries to find out, where did his friend disappeared. Somewhere along the way appears journalist - girlfriend of a trucker...
Reporter: Love story...
Denis: Not necessarily a love story. That is, there is couple of variations. The story can develop with love story, and without it. It all depends on player.
Reporter: About the looks of the game, and how much there is to be done? It looks quite finished..
Denis: Yes, the game is practically finished, the only things left to do, is to polish a little bit, and release it, when the time for it comes...

Well, when I think about it, I've translated pretty much all interview :D. Uh, haven't listened to Russian that intensely for a very long time :).

My own remarks:
*Nothing can be said about sound - noise levels are way to high.
*Game physics. Well, I'm not sure about the handling of the trucks (it's easier to judge, when you steer the wheel), sometimes it looks strange though. And as for collisions... I like them :). I mean, maybe they are not perfect, but it's a huge leap from Hard truck 2, and all that car-locking action :D
*I really like the economy mode. We could already see a lot from some of these (http://rignroll.com/index.php?type=dev_id&publ_id=485) screens. The way I understand it is - we buy trucks (fleet), hire employees, and put them in the trucks (way better, than in Hard Truck 2 and all that "hunt for drivers" :D). The way I understand, we can't hire drivers, who's rank is bigger, than ours. It also looks, that we have to buy our right to trade with cities (like in Eurotruck). At least the map shows green/white cities, and there is "Manage Branches" tab.
*I'm really intrigued with the story mode - it can actually make the game to go somewhere, instead of just driving around and repeating same actions over and over again (that used to happen with HT2 ;/). And the fact, that storyline is somewhat dependent on player action makes it really interesting.

All in all, I'm happy with the video :). All this post took up way more time, than I intended :). But... But I still have hunger for international release date. At least provide us with some information. Is this the time, they're searching for/negotiating with possible publishers?

We need it too ;).

Freak Of Nature
06-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks a lot for translation the only thing I understood myself was about repairs :D

Whiskey
06-12-2009, 11:09 AM
mmm, reading the translation the video seems to be more useful and interesting than I thought yesterday :grin:

Freak Of Nature
06-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Just wached the video and interview again, Man the story sounds interesting :) can't wait to see what Bad Guys - "Mafia" can do to player and his friends :) I bet Mathew had some problems with wrong people.... anyway, can't wait to see what happened to him :) I think Mathew is this guy with yellow shirt http://rignroll.com/index.php?type=image&image_id=2120&fn=i/rnr_vid_m07_06.jpg :)

Qwx
06-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Happy to help :). The video has some insights, so yeah, it's interesing. Though I would like to see more landscapes, weahter effects, etc. I woul like to see more visual aspects of the game. Now it was all just a straight and wide highway in the middle of the day ;).

As for that guy with yellow shirt... I always thought, that he was just a mechanic. Like in one of the ingame videos - you come in, he's like: "What can I get you?" And then you pick items, and "pimp" your ride :D Hm, this screenshot was in one of the videos, would like to see it again. Maybe he is Mathew :).

Qwx
06-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Hm, watched again Rig'n'Roll trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeH5Qq6uhJs&feature=related) and yup, the guy with the yellow shirt must be Mathew. To much appearance for a mechanic. And to yellow shirt ^^

Azabache
06-13-2009, 10:35 AM
The music sucks. It just doesn't go with trucking

Freak Of Nature
06-13-2009, 01:39 PM
The music sucks. It just doesn't go with trucking

It's from Hard Truck 2, I think it will not be included in Rig'n'Roll

RoadRanger
06-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the link and translation, Freak and Qwx! :)

I for one don't really care for the stories in the game, I'd rather see a realistic simulation. But, to each their own, I guess -- I just hope we don't have to get involved in the stories, and can simply drive trucks, perhaps dodging speed traps and weigh stations...

bigriggerj
06-14-2009, 04:15 AM

I for one don't really care for the stories in the game, I'd rather see a realistic simulation. But, to each their own, I guess -- I just hope we don't have to get involved in the stories, and can simply drive trucks, perhaps dodging speed traps and weigh stations...

I as well would rather just cruise and deliver loads than race and go into a story.

Towmanjt
06-14-2009, 04:16 AM
It's from Hard Truck 2, I think it will not be included in Rig'n'Roll

actually, in a q & a, it will be the hard truck 2 album in rig n roll..

Freak Of Nature
06-14-2009, 09:13 AM

I will try everything the game offers, I will pariticipate in races, California Championship, story seems interesting too. :)

Ubaku
06-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Cool video. I think it will be like GTA SA from what I heard. You know how you can just ignore the storyline and drive around the city doing whatever you want. It will probably be the same.

One thing they did say in this video is that there will be a romantic storyline, but it depends on the player if he wants to participate in it or not. I am very sure its the same for everything else.

KENWORTH
06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I as well would rather just cruise and deliver loads than race and go into a story.

so do i but i will try out the story and see how it is

Qwx
06-15-2009, 09:19 PM
As for everyone, who wants to have a simulation... Well, I can't in any way avoid the realization, that this is no simulator... I mean, yeah, it has trucks.. Loads, and realistic roads... But.. It's still going to be racing game, with trucks, and some economy :???:. After playing a bit of Eurotruck, and watching some other truck games videos on youtube it becomes very obvious, how much those games are closer to simulation :). I mean, just look at traffic speed.. The traffic must overtake a truck with load in reality, but in Rig'n'Roll it's just to slow.

So, game will probably fit more people, who play more action-packed games. Maybe it will be a good balance, I don't know. I surely hope. All in all, I like action packed Hard Truck 2 (it seams, officially it is called King of the Road), so Rig'n'Roll will work for me ;).

digit
06-16-2009, 01:40 AM
As for everyone, who wants to have a simulation... Well, I can't in any way avoid the realization, that this is no simulator... I mean, yeah, it has trucks.. Loads, and realistic roads... But.. It's still going to be racing game, with trucks, and some economy :???:. After playing a bit of Eurotruck, and watching some other truck games videos on youtube it becomes very obvious, how much those games are closer to simulation :). I mean, just look at traffic speed.. The traffic must overtake a truck with load in reality, but in Rig'n'Roll it's just to slow.

You can't compared RnR with SCS games without taking into account all the features of both games. We dont know all the features of RnR yet, so there's no real way of comparing them. Sometimes in RL is can be a raced to reach your destination before other trucks.

Qwx
06-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Well, yes. I just quickly compared first glance at some SCS games, especially EuroTruck, and all experience from King of the Road... King of the Road is very racy-like :D

Anyway, time will tell the truth, it seams I'm just speculating... ;)

KENWORTH
06-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Well, yes. I just quickly compared first glance at some SCS games, especially EuroTruck, and all experience from King of the Road... King of the Road is very racy-like :D

Anyway, time will tell the truth, it seams I'm just speculating... ;)

most truck drivers race on the road i have seen it before

Freak Of Nature
06-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Another shot video about Rig'n'Roll from KRI expo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxAU5o1Iyog