PDA

View Full Version : Cryostasis 60% off at Gamersgate.

Nike-it
06-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Special one week offer at Gamersgate (http://www.gamersgate.com/special-offers). Buy and download Cryostasis for only €11.99!!!

Paul_CZ
06-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Hello, I just bought it on gamersgate.

I have a question.On GG website, there is one patch listed - it is called - "Old PhysX Patch".

I downloaded it and applied it and the game works ok.

Do I now have the latest version of Cryostasis? Is this the latest newest patch? Why is it called "old" ?

Thanks for answer.

Btw, Cryostasis is the most unoptimized game ever made, along with Saints Row 2.But while Saints Row 2 is a console trash port, Cryostasis is PC exclusive.

I really thought my PC (C2D 3.16ghz, 2gigs ram, GTX 280 1024MB) could handle Cryostasis well, but I get 30 fps on max details in 1680*1050, which is laughable (I am used to 60 now).

Nike-it
06-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Hello, I just bought it on gamersgate.

I have a question.On GG website, there is one patch listed - it is called - "Old PhysX Patch".

I downloaded it and applied it and the game works ok.

Do I now have the latest version of Cryostasis? Is this the latest newest patch? Why is it called "old" ?

Thanks for answer.

Btw, Cryostasis is the most unoptimized game ever made, along with Saints Row 2.But while Saints Row 2 is a console trash port, Cryostasis is PC exclusive.

I really thought my PC (C2D 3.16ghz, 2gigs ram, GTX 280 1024MB) could handle Cryostasis well, but I get 30 fps on max details in 1680*1050, which is laughable (I am used to 60 now).

I'll check it, but you can simply watch in the video settings, if there is lines "Hardware physics" and "Advanced PhysX" then you have the lates version.

Paul_CZ
06-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I'll check it, but you can simply watch in the video settings, if there is lines "Hardware physics" and "Advanced PhysX" then you have the lates version.

Hello,

I have those two options there (hw physics enabled, and advanced physx disabled without being able to enable it, because I have WinXP).So it seems I have the latest version, in which case I have no idea why would GamersGate name this patch "Old PhysX Patch" ?:confused:

Anyway, I will not play the game now and instead wait for more patches, hopefully it will get optimized later.Thanks for answer again.