PDA

View Full Version : Complete Walkthrough?

psyren
06-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Greetings people,

I am just curious if anyone has started a real walkthrough for the game yet? I searched and haven't seen anything but cheats, and the Secrets & Artifacts Guide (http://www.bloodbuster.co.uk/) by Bloodbuster and Greybeard.

Still trying to get past the big guy in the Fortress and find enough dynamite in 4:00 to finish. Posts here are a great help, but it would be nice to have a complete guide to copy and refer to offline.

I will gladly host it, maintain it, even help write it if I could. I hope anybody interested will please contact me.

Bloodbuster
06-09-2009, 10:06 AM
A walkthrough per se is not really required because the levels are so linear. The dynamite issue is covered in the Fortress Secrets vid on our website - it shows both dynamite locations. When I first played Fortress I was seriously confused about how to get the second lot of dynamite and it was Greybeard who discovered it :)

psyren
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the reply, Bloodbuster, as well as your great website. I know you guys have gone to great effort making those videos, and you're probably right. It might be easier to just 'watch' rather than try to read a written description of what to do or where something is.

I just don't like having to upgrade Macromedia every week so it can spy on me more efficiently, and You-Tube is ever diligent in shutting down sites that allow me to "save as .flv" so I don't have to go to their site with all java and cookies enabled (leaving my precious machine fully open to whatever they decide to throw at me, and filling my email with spam).

I guess I'm just getting too old... :mad:

AncientMariner
06-09-2009, 11:41 AM
... It might be easier to just 'watch' rather than try to read a written description of what to do ...I just don't like having to upgrade Macromedia every week so it can spy on me more efficiently ...I guess I'm just getting too old... :mad:
When Blood and I started searching out the secrets, we quickly gave up on words and started making vids. It is definitely easier :) In the Fortress vid, Blood shows the fight with the Beast, finding all the dynamite and a subsequent secret. I hope it helps.

I assume you're a Mac user. If our vids are a pain for you, may I suggest the VLC Media Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). I'm on XP and am happy enough with WMP but was recommended this for MPEG4. It's non-intrusive and low resource. I don't know how it performs on the Mac but it might be worth a try.

Lastly, you are perfectly safe on our site. I'm such an HTML n00b that I'm not clever enough to steal your e-mail address or market at you :) And I doubt you're older than me (54 last birthday :) )

Good luck

Greybeard

Bloodbuster
06-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Thank you for the reply, Bloodbuster, as well as your great website. I know you guys have gone to great effort making those videos, and you're probably right. It might be easier to just 'watch' rather than try to read a written description of what to do or where something is.

I just don't like having to upgrade Macromedia every week so it can spy on me more efficiently, and You-Tube is ever diligent in shutting down sites that allow me to "save as .flv" so I don't have to go to their site with all java and cookies enabled (leaving my precious machine fully open to whatever they decide to throw at me, and filling my email with spam).

I guess I'm just getting too old... :mad:

Thanks very much for your kind words. It's good to know that gamers are finding the site useful.

I don't think that Macromedia Flash Player add-on is as invasive as you might think it is. So long as you keep it updated you'll be OK.

With regards to .flv downloads - did you know this ability is built in to Real Player? Install Real Player and part of the installation asks if you want to allow downloading flash movies from the web. When you play a YouTube vid or similar, mouse-over the video and a download control appears. The files are saved as .flv files and can be played in RP.

We're all getting a bit old ;)

psyren
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Well, that's what I get for assuming - without actually clicking one of those video links on your website. That's an awful lot of storage space and bandwidth. I guess I just never figured they would be hosted onsite. (I forgot that's probably where I got Greybeard's PK videos from...)

No problem saving or playing those at all, and no Mac, just XP and good old VLC player. Excellent! :D

Also appears I missed about 90% of that Fortress map. (Unless most of it is beyond where you need 2 Dynamites.) Never knew we could bash down doors and stuff!!!

Bloodbuster
06-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Excellent! Glad you sorted it out.

All the videos will 'stream' live, or you can right-click and Save Target As...

A couple of videos are hosted elsewhere and these are marked as download only.

AncientMariner
06-10-2009, 10:58 AM
... Never knew we could bash down doors and stuff!!!
In that case you probably missed a couple of secrets and an artefact in Trench Warfare. The artefact is well worth going back for. You need to get that Fury level up ::grin: Again, check out the vid :) In case you hadn't realised, you can go back and retry a Chapter from the Challenge Room menu without losing your overall progress.

I'm moving my PK vids from FileFront to MediaFire. Blood splashed the cash for some web space for the NVN Guide. There's nothing like the instant gratification of a streaming vid ;)

And my final plea. Don't forget the Challenge Rooms. Melee and combos are hugely important to make the most of this game and the early Challenge Rooms get you "in the groove" :grin:

Cheers

Greybeard