PDA

View Full Version : PhysX Effects Disappear!

JuggernautOfWar
06-06-2009, 04:43 AM
Is there a way to prolong the lifetime of the PhysX particles namely water? The particles disappear so quickly it doesn't really even give you a sense of water being everywhere. I've tried numerous file edits but to no avail. Any ideas?

AndroidVageta
06-07-2009, 12:57 AM
I'd like to know the answer to this as well, not that my PPU could probably handle it easy as pie...but I don't like knowing that steel on a Russian ship has the same properties as a sponge.

This could however be just a limitation of the engine itself as it would seem that the actual performance of the game seems to be a low priority of 1C so adding prolonged water effects would probably run the same LOL!

JuggernautOfWar
06-08-2009, 09:49 PM
It could be an engine limitation, but in the techdemo the water stayed on the ground for quite a while. I remember looking at the big boy with the flashlights and the water was falling onto him, dispersing on the floor, and it stayed there for a reasonable amount of time. This makes me think that the water lifetime can be changed.

I've found some code that may be related to this in the "init.cfg" file.
g.broken_icicles_count = 64;
g.characters= 1
g.recordfps = 32
g.gforce = 24.0
g.gforce_water_loss = 0.3
g.benchmark = 0
What gets me is the "gforce_water_loss" setting.

Also these settings catch my eye.
p.maxfluidwater = 20000
p.maxfluidsparks = 10000
p.maxfluidsparksblue = 10000
p.maxfluidicicles = 5000
p.maxfluidbulletshells = 5000

AndroidVageta
06-11-2009, 01:23 PM
It could be an engine limitation, but in the techdemo the water stayed on the ground for quite a while. I remember looking at the big boy with the flashlights and the water was falling onto him, dispersing on the floor, and it stayed there for a reasonable amount of time. This makes me think that the water lifetime can be changed.

I've found some code that may be related to this in the "init.cfg" file.
g.broken_icicles_count = 64;
g.characters= 1
g.recordfps = 32
g.gforce = 24.0
g.gforce_water_loss = 0.3
g.benchmark = 0
What gets me is the "gforce_water_loss" setting.

Also these settings catch my eye.
p.maxfluidwater = 20000
p.maxfluidsparks = 10000
p.maxfluidsparksblue = 10000
p.maxfluidicicles = 5000
p.maxfluidbulletshells = 5000

You think about comparing the config files from the tech demo and retail game?

JuggernautOfWar
06-15-2009, 03:27 AM
I no longer have the Tech Demo.