PDA

View Full Version : When is it possible to run away?

Metathron
06-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Is there a rule for this or is it random?

I was able to run away from Redbeard, but when I tried that with several armies in Greenwort and Marshan Swamp, this option was not available.

Perhaps it's possible when on a continent other than Darion?

The reason I'm asking is I'd like to get a refund from King Mark on some troops I no longer need and could use the money on impossible. ;)

EDIT: The (clumsily translated) fan manual states:

You can run away from a battlefield before the fight termination, but in case of defeat or having run away, you do not receive neither experience, nor money, will lose all armies. However, game on it does not come to an end, you instantly appear in Darion capital and can to continue game further.

Which kinda sounds like you'll have to fight for some time before the run away button lights up...

EDIT #2: I might have been a bit rash in coming to the above conclusions, i.e. I did not wait for enemy troops faster than mine to finish their turns. So I guess that means you can run away from almost anywhere? :D

garzahd
06-05-2009, 07:56 PM
You can't run away from goblin-tower fights (when suppressing an item, or doing any quest that has the same behavior).

Everything else, I think, is fair game. When it's your turn to act, of course.

In practice, the point is usually moot, since you'll likely want to reload the game anyway.

Vilk
06-05-2009, 09:01 PM
You also cannot run away from boss fights nor from some special fights. It's not that useless to run away, unlike the doc quote, the king will give you a sum of money proportional to the army you had.

I tested it multiple time and reach the conclusion that it's a possible way to sell troops you don't want use anyway.

My tests didn't show any limit in the number of flee but the sum the king gives you is smaller and smaller.

Metathron
06-05-2009, 09:58 PM
In any case, it's a good way of getting some cash back for troops you won't be using anymore, and of freeing up those town slots. Got a nice 25,000 when I "sold" some priests, bears, and barbarians.

My tests didn't show any limit in the number of flee but the sum the king gives you is smaller and smaller.

How do you mean? Everytime you decide to flee, the king will give you less and less money?

Vilk
06-06-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure it's exactly every time. When I attempt multiple flee to see how it behave I quote that there's few or no money drop at first and around 5th flee there's a more significant drop. After I quote drops at almost every flee. At this point I wasn't interested anymore in the result because the money get was too low. Overall there's clearly money drop the more you flee but every flee I'm not sure and a more careful test need to be done. I'm not interested to have more detail so I won't test that more but that's easy to test.