PDA

View Full Version : Bank error in your favor?

garzahd
06-05-2009, 03:07 AM
I just returned to the game after taking a break for a couple months. Started up a mage on impossible, who is currently beginning to work on the freedom isles.

Twice in the past hour, my max mana has increased by 30 for some unknown reason. I didn't see any unusual popup messages, but I can't easily repeat whatever it was that happened because by the time I notice, all three quicksaves have already been saved over.

Needless to say, a mage with 131 mana plays a whole lot differently from a mage with 71 mana. Anyone know what causes this? Is it a bug? It's certainly nice having the extra mana, but I feel sort of guilty.

Metathron
06-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Happened to me in my last game, and I too felt kinda guilty. But I was too far into the game to really entertain the idea of restarting, so I just didn't let it bother me.

Especially because I was always hoping for the +6 mana on level up, and after that I just ignored it, of course.

Other people have reported this, but I don't think anyone's worked out the cause yet.

I was just wondering, did you add any mods to the game? I do have a couple, but I don't know if they impact the game.

garzahd
06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I do have two mods, one that speeds up rage spirit animations, and another that speeds up outdoor mana regen.

Although I am not a mod writer, I know enough programming to see that the latter does not change max mana in any way, though it queries the value several times.