PDA

View Full Version : One thing abour Men of War ruining game for me.

Morgoth
06-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Put simply,spawn camping & campers,all some players do is head straight for your spawning point & kill or destroy whatever you spawn,or use there artillary on it,boring & unrealistic,at what point in WW2 did any ones side all keep appearing at one point so all you had to do was surround that point,it didnt happen so how can you call that good tactics,in which real life war would that tactic actually work,none,so why use it here,i say to all spawn campers,get a life stop being a waste of time,& stop wasting my time ok.:-)

Evilsausage
06-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Hmmm yes true tho most game that has spawn points normaly has this issue. Dosn't matter if its a RTS or a FPS.
However the units got like few secs of total imunity. So many times the enemies get killed because they try to spawn camp.

Tho maybe something that makes enemies visable close to the spawning area.

Tho most of the time when the enemies are spawn camping its normaly a lost game either way. If a losing team playes very bad they will get pushed back. And then the attack will automaticly put pressure on thier starting area.

haorant
06-04-2009, 02:38 PM
hey people i am not tring to be rude or anything but this is a game it is not real war if you want to expirance real war become a solider and fight i afaghnistan i am sure they need more troops

Morgoth
06-04-2009, 05:51 PM
hey people i am not tring to be rude or anything but this is a game it is not real war if you want to expirance real war become a solider and fight i afaghnistan i am sure they need more troops

Has nothing to do with reality,spawn camping,wether in first person shooters or strategy games is lame,(& in alot of first person shooters will get you kicked & banned from there servers),& i take it from your comments your one of those spawn campers then.:-)

Prowlinger
06-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Lay mines, barbwire and tank traps....

Build a defense base

Evilsausage
06-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Its pretty hard to spawncamp in this game. Since its normaly very hard for the enemy to get past your frontline just to get to your spawnpoint.

Only other way the enemies can really spawncamp you is when they have pushed you back entirely.
The game is all about map control if the enemy manages to push you back that far you have played the game badly and lost the game anyway.

Morgoth
06-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Its pretty hard to spawncamp in this game. Since its normaly very hard for the enemy to get past your frontline just to get to your spawnpoint.

Only other way the enemies can really spawncamp you is when they have pushed you back entirely.
The game is all about map control if the enemy manages to push you back that far you have played the game badly and lost the game anyway.

Your missing the point,alot of people go round the sides to deliberatly attack spawn area,& on maps allowing artillary,the same people just bombard spawn areas from a distance,main reason i turn artillary off on multiplayer.:-)

Arbeia the Great
11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Put simply,spawn camping & campers,all some players do is head straight for your spawning point & kill or destroy whatever you spawn,or use there artillary on it,boring & unrealistic,at what point in WW2 did any ones side all keep appearing at one point so all you had to do was surround that point,it didnt happen so how can you call that good tactics,in which real life war would that tactic actually work,none,so why use it here,i say to all spawn campers,get a life stop being a waste of time,& stop wasting my time ok.:-)

The only way to address this issue is make huge maps!

Korsakov829
11-20-2009, 12:40 PM

There is a short period of time after your units spawn they are invulnerable. That always gave me enough time to spawn atleast 48 soldiers and free up my spawn. It is annoying though.

KnightFandragon
12-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Ive not played this game very long but I can surely say some of these maps are so tiny you cant possibly not spawn camp. Road is one of the ones I know of right off. It has a Spawn point, hill, Spawn Point. Then its nice and open so even if one side does take over the hill they dont even have to try to Spawn camp to spawn camp. On that note though I do know how annoying spawn camping is. I played Battlefield 2142 for the longest and sooo many of those maps are just poorly designed and practically promote base raping. Also, like 2 days ago I had the same 2 guys in 2 different matches they took some stuff, bum rushed the spawn and started setting up flamers, AT guns, tanks and w/e right there. Base raping and artillery kinda takes the fun out of the game