PDA

View Full Version : Item Creation/Manipulation Questions

Gore
06-02-2009, 11:04 AM
So in a previous thread I asked for some help working out the kinks in getting modified stats to apply to items in game which I've been able to do after looking through some helpful threads that were posted. I'm attempting to create some items and for testing purposes I attempted to change the text in the pop up fields for the Training Sword starter item. I found what I thought was the proper file that held the information eng_items.lng in the loc_ses.kfs archive and changed the entry from "The ordinary training sword." to "The not so ordinary training sword.". But even with a fresh game I'm not seeing the item description change.

I tried putting the .lng file directly into my mod folder, but that didn't work so I put the entire loc_ses.kfs with my altered .lng in there and nothing. I'm thinking that theres some file I'm missing that I need to alter as well to make it work but I'm not sure which one it is and I've been searching through everything I can find. If it's any help to the people that may be nice enough to help me my final goal is to be able to create Items and eventually sets as well as Living Items to be used in game once I learn the proper files to modify.

On a side note I noticed an interface mod listed written by spamm. I don't want to mess around too much while I'm altering files of my own but I was curious if any of those versions were compatable with the Downloaded 1.7 version of the game. I got my game off Impulse if that helps narrow down the distributor. I believe the mods listed say they only work up through version 1.6b7 which sadly I wouldn't be able to use. The mods look very nice and I could prolly learn a lot about altering the pop up text from digging around in those files if they worked with my version of the game.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Gore
06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
And again after a little more trial and error I figured out what I was doing wrong with the descriptions. On to the next thing. I'll prolly have a few more questions later on once I get into some really nifty stuff like full on item creation. Also found a link in the forums for the interface mod compatable with my version of 1.7. Was poking around in the Army of Darkness thread and found the link in there.

On a side note I'm really liking the A.o.D. mod and will probably be using it as a reference point for building items of my own. Much respect to Lestas for putting that thing up.