PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one here to think this.....

nicknackpaddywack
06-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Out of all the people in the world that enjoy sim games, why do we only have SCS software and 1C making truck games?

sureley there must be some larger scale company interested in making a truck sim? we all know what a botch up SCS make of things and i just wish for a little more realism from 1C, but there has to be a company somewhere and the demand for a slightly more realistic game?
or is it just me??

trucknisse
06-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Out of all the people in the world that enjoy sim games, why do we only have SCS software and 1C making truck games?

sureley there must be some larger scale company interested in making a truck sim? we all know what a botch up SCS make of things and i just wish for a little more realism from 1C, but there has to be a company somewhere and the demand for a slightly more realistic game?
or is it just me??

The revenue is to small, but maybe if RignRoll is successful some big guys like EA and Atari will become interested.

RoadRanger
06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
When you consider how few realistic flight simulators (not arcade games) there are, and even M$ has shut down further development of theirs, it's no surprise there aren't all that many, less glamorous, truck simulators.

I for one would love to see a very realistic truck simulator, without Rig'n'Roll's game elements, but with realistic gearboxes (including mis-shift grinding), two-speed axles, braking, temperatures, etc. But perhaps Rig'n'Roll will pleasantly surprise me when (if?) it finally arrives.

But for now, even though it is still under development, and lacking in the graphics department, I'll put my money (although it's freeware ;)) on Rigs of Rods (http://rigsofrods.com/)

Freak Of Nature
06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
When you consider how few realistic flight simulators (not arcade games) there are, and even M$ has shut down further development of theirs, it's no surprise there aren't all that many, less glamorous, truck simulators.

I for one would love to see a very realistic truck simulator, without Rig'n'Roll's game elements, but with realistic gearboxes (including mis-shift grinding), two-speed axles, braking, temperatures, etc. But perhaps Rig'n'Roll will pleasantly surprise me when (if?) it finally arrives.

But for now, even though it is still under development, and lacking in the graphics department, I'll put my money (although it's freeware ;)) on Rigs of Rods (http://rigsofrods.com/)

Rig'n'Roll is only in testing phase. Development ended last year on May or maybe June

RoadRanger
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Rig'n'Roll is only in testing phase. Development ended last year on May or maybe JuneI was referring to Rigs of Rods.

Freak Of Nature
06-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I was referring to Rigs of Rods.

oh sorry... my bad :)