R@S
05-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Grab it while it's hot.

- Make sure you have a clean install of 7.62 High Caliber
- Extract the Unofficial Patch files to your game directory
- Run the PatchMe.bat to pack up the files in an AZP archive
- Remember to run it as an Administrator

MediaFire Mirror 1:
Unofficial Patch 1.06 for 7.62 (http://www.mediafire.com/?nftk3idmwdn)

RapidShare Mirror 2:
Unofficial Patch 1.06 for 7.62 (http://rapidshare.com/files/383374042/Unofficial_Patch_1.06.rar)

The Patches Scrolls Mirror 3
Unofficial Patch 1.06 for 7.62 (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/brigade762.php#098)

For people using Windows 7, this file is also needed. Put it in your installation folder before you run PatchMe.bat:

Windows 7 Patch Fix (http://www.mediafire.com/?34kqc4sfxbfak8g)

Bugs fixed:

- Fixed comment when Harl dies

- Fixed Car placement issue.

- Missing Picture and CTD when disarming bomb.

- Fixed Random Quest Journal issue.

- Fixed the issue with bullets going through the ground.

- Fixed the Clip + Tape bug.

- Fixed the Gunner bug, he now shows in the merc tab and is called Gunnar.

- Changed #Sniper name to Sniper

- Fixed grenade Launchers and Masterkey

- Fixed the SV98 bipod

- Fixed automatic fire bug.

- Fixed M4A1 missing butt and other inventory bugs. 40 files corrrected.

- Fixed 1024x768 resolution black shop screen.

- Corrected some entries in Tips.txt and LOCAL.TXT

az75
05-31-2009, 05:34 AM
Excellent work, thanks.

R@S
06-08-2009, 08:15 AM
The patch has been updated, the mag + tape issue has been solved thanks to Van-d-all.

If there are any other issues that needs fixing, let me know. As far as I know the English version now runs as well as the Russian does.

Excessive
06-08-2009, 04:51 PM
The link is broken

R@S
06-08-2009, 06:25 PM
The file host seems to be in trouble, I can't access any files on their servers. I've added the latest patch as an attachment to the first post instead. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Excessive
06-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Don't sweat it, it's not your fault the server is down, nor are you obliged to do anything, so don't apologize. And thank you for the patch, it seems to be working great so far and despite all the previous issues with this game, might even pull through the miracle by getting me back to playing 7.62. :)

Cheers!

R@S
06-14-2009, 10:43 AM
The patch has been updated, changed the name of AKMC to AKMS and made the SV98 bipod work as it should. Extract the files to your game folder, no new game is required.

silaris
08-03-2009, 08:40 AM
#Sniper is still #Sniper ...I'm sure I'd patched my game before I played it.It shouldn't be like this ...I don't have a clue

R@S
08-19-2009, 08:39 AM
The latest patch has been added to the OP.

A big thanks goes out to Deadhead and Dancer from the Russian community for fixing a problem that has been around since the game was released.

If you play the vanilla game I don't think you need to start a new game, just copy the new files to your game dir.

Colonel
08-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Good job, m8.

catdog
12-10-2009, 04:27 AM
I would to know why BFX mod delete Tactical Light? It is the mojor addon to guns,doesn't it?

Also,these is no bullet ejecting while the M82A4 shooting.

Skuff
02-22-2010, 04:50 PM
i just installed the patch and for some reason now my game crashes instantly ?

its also changed my game language from english to russian text aswell ?

any help would be great ?

Thanks

R@S
02-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Sorry, but I can't help you with this, not without further information. What does the log file say about the crash?

I think I heard of a similar problem a long time ago, but that had to do with a user that had installed it incorrectly. So make sure you haven't installed any other mods before you install the patch.

Skuff
02-24-2010, 04:04 AM
im not running any mods for this game and there is no crash log i just get to the screen were the 7.62 logo shows up and it crashes to desktop is there a specific way to install the patch ? in the readme it just states copy it to your install directory ?

thanks !

0a.Archangel.a0
03-12-2010, 09:43 AM
to me it looks like u installed the english version and patched it with russian patch. maybe i am paranoid but i think the russian patches for this game has more punch and arequrements so installing it into english version quite disorients it all.

but its just a guess

R@S
03-20-2010, 12:19 PM
A new version of the Unofficial Patch is available at the OP. Keep in mind that a new game is required for this version since I did some work on the source code.

Changes since the 0.98 version:

- Fixed Car placement issue.

- Missing Picture and CTD when disarming bomb.

- Fixed Random Quest Journal issue.

Csimbi
03-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi R@S,
congrats!
It seems that you made it to The Patches Scrolls; they're mirroring (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/brigade762.php#104unofficial) your unofficial patch.
You could put it to the first message as a mirror.
I just grabbed the patch from there @500k/sec...

R@S
03-21-2010, 08:09 AM
hehe, I forgot to send them my latest patch version, but I guess they were informed about it anyways. I need to contact Toneone1 and give him the latest fixes to add to the german patch as well.

I've added a mirror link in th OP, thanks.

Redjac
03-25-2010, 07:36 PM
What is the best way to install the patch. Should I extract over existing files or add to them keeping the data intact.

I just bought 7.62. Big sale at gamers gate. I played E 5 over about 3 times and just wandered the country side for the tactical part of the game even after that...

R@S
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
It's a matter of preference. You could extract the files to a temporary folder first and then copy them to your 7.62 folder or you could extract them directly there. The important thing is that you get the question to overwrite old files and that you answer yes to that.

jordan29
04-04-2010, 10:33 AM
good job!! thanks

R@S
04-19-2010, 10:19 AM
I've finally gotten around making a AZP packer script, it packs up all the vulnerable files in an archive making the HUD read-only setting a thing of the past.

Once I've found and fixed the Player safe issue I'll release an updated Unofficial Patch, I think it might be the last one for a long time.

R@S
05-13-2010, 10:15 AM
The latest unofficial patch 1.06 was released some time ago and I think I should mention that you need to run the PatchMe.bat file once you've copied the patch files to your game directory.

The bad news is that the Player Base safe key issue is not fixed, it is out of my reach.

The good news is that the corrupted TGA issue is now a thing of the past since they will be packed inside an archive. If you already has set all the TGA's in the BMP\HUD\ sub-folders to read-only they will not be deleted after the PatchMe.bat has been run, but it wont effect your gameplay if they are still around. But I do recommend that you make a clean install to get rid of any other old files that might cause problems.

ZK2112
11-20-2010, 03:42 PM
First thanks to everyone for the patch. Definite improvement. I have noticed a few very minor issues.

1. Rebels sometime spawn with suppressed MP5KA4. MP5K shouldn't be allowed to have a suppressor.

2. Type 56 Rifle(Chinese AK) has a minor typo, caliber shows as 5.45x39mm on mouseover and the info window.

3. Don't even know if I should mention this as it's probably more work than it's worth. But the meager info I've seen on the Type 63 says it's select fire and uses 15 round mags or can use modified AK mags.

JackintheBox
04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Wrong thread...cant delete..

Ninja2dan
05-15-2011, 04:10 AM
I haven't played the game in quite a while, due to my old PC dying. I had my files backed up on a slave drive, and to understand how long it's been since I last played the "latest patch" that I had in storage was 0.86 or so.

I recently reinstalled the game onto my rebuilt PC, including the new 1.06 patch. Everything was working great up until a few days ago though. For some reason, every once in a while the menu screen will go black on me. The game still works, but in order to get menu graphics back again I needed to restart the game client. I could still use hotkeys to save, load, exit, etc.

But last night, restarting the client stopped fixing the problem. Now I get a completely black menu screen immediately upon running the game. I can still use function keys to save, load, etc but I can't see squat until the game loads up. What I CAN see on those black menu screens is the white text showing the version number in the upper right corner, but that's it.

I normally run 1280x1024 resolution, so I tried swapping to 1024x768. Funny thing is, it fixed the problem...for a while. This morning, the same thing happened at the new resolution as well; menu screens go all black, restarting the client doesn't fix the problem. And no, I have no intentions of running the game on 800x600 (this isn't Windows 3.1 anymore).

I have not installed any of the mods yet. Just a fresh install, applied the 1.06 patch, and started up a new game. The menu screens work fine with 800x600 for now, but when trying to load up 1024x768 or 1280x1024 I still see just the black screen with version number. I have tried adjusting graphics options, but haven't found anything that fixes the issue.

I don't recall having this problem EVER during previous patch versions, and I played for several months before. I have been playing for less than a week now and I'm already getting this problem at least once a day (prior to having permanent black screen).

Any ideas on what might be causing this, or and how to fix it? Again, it doesn't prevent me from playing the game as long as I use function keys to save/load/exit. But it is pretty annoying that nothing I try will fix it. Makes me wonder what else is going to mess up next.

the_Brain
05-15-2011, 07:18 AM
The game has the tendency to kinda digest itself. Luckily the solution is quite easy, alas you need to reinstall the game. then simply set the folder 'BMP' and all contained files and folders to write protect.

The reduction of resolution helped because the games textures are different for each of them. By this way you just gave the game an opportunity to further digest itself.

Ninja2dan
05-15-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm not even in the mood to "reinstall" again, and luckily it won't come to that. I went ahead and ran the "PatchMe.Bat" file and it fixed the problem while still leaving my save games in place. I'm now able to run 1280x1024 resolution again and the menus show up normally.

It's unfortunate that for what ever reason, the developers released a game that has/had such great potential, yet they left it in a state of disease. There are so many bugs and critical issues with the game that often makes it unplayable, and having to reinstall your game every other week is not a good sign of proper beta testing. And the fact that the "patches" have all been unofficial public releases makes it worse. R@S and his crew have done a great job fixing what they can, but there's only so much they can fix from their end.

I don't want 1C to think I'm putting them down, they release some of the best military-related games out there. But they need to start booting some heads to get their products properly supported.

Python1
05-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Hello, I am running Windows Vista x64. I have installed my new game in C:\Games\7.62

I use 7zip to extract the patch files to my game folder. Then I run PatchMe.bat as administrator and receive the following pop up.

'azp.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the file directory.a.
Could not find C:\Windows\system32\directory.a
Could not find C:\Windows\system32\files.a
Could not find C:\Windows\system32\azp.exe
Compression Complete
Press any key to continue. . .

When I start the game is says I am on version 1.11 build 286. Am I patched? What did I do wrong? Any help is great, thanks guys.

Python1
05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Nevermind, I got it working. I just tried again this time moving the files over manually instead of unzipping. Then was able to run the .bat successfully by NOT running as administrator. Thanks guys looking forward to the new stuff!

Slice
02-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi guys, as someone else posted in here, on Windows 7 64 clean install of 7.62 and then unzipping and manually copying the unofficial patch files into the 7.62 folder (overwriting where necessary fine), but when I go to run the patch (even with the msvcr71.dll in or not) I get a long list of ;

The directory is not empty.
<. and so on lots more..then..>
Compression Complete
Press any key to continue . . .

Doesn't matter if run as admin or not.

If I run again obviously some files have been self deleted so get the obvious;

"'azp.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the file directory.a.
Could Not Find D:\Games7\7.62 - High Calibre\directory.a
Could Not Find D:\Games7\7.62 - High Calibre\files.a
Could Not Find D:\Games7\7.62 - High Calibre\azp.exe
Compression Complete
Press any key to continue . . ."

So I unpack it again to try again etc.

Any ideas?
Do I need to play the game some first? Or not setup a config or ?
(also if I unzip directlty in there same issue). I may be doing something stupid but I'm an experienced PC user.

Thanks!

Slice
02-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Ah found it sorry - but for anyone else with a similar issue : Spybot flags
azp.exe with :
"Encountered and terminated Fraud.Downloader.gen in C:\7.62 - High Calibre\azp.exe"

And then when I try to unzip again it auto deletes that azp.exe
So I had to manually copy it singly to the desktop then copy it there nuts.

Spybot still warns again when you run it but if you leave the Spybot pop up there for now until it's finished it unpacks successfully.

...Hmm saying that now the game does not run afterwards, nothing at all happens launching the exe just quits. Also E6Config.exe comes up with Runtime Error.

Slice
02-18-2012, 09:59 PM
OK after dozens of retries I managed to get the patch to install. Seems I need a clean install but RUN the game first, get into the main menu and setup the config but don't start a new game yet. Also had to manually drag from the rar file all the folders and files, into the game folder, as unzipping directly in there correctly, or unzipping manually and carefully copying them in just gave the same errors again I mentioned above.

Anyway the game now works with the patch! However if I install the Blue Sun Mod afterwards it DTD's and barfs when the game runs and I have to reinstall and do it all again without the BSM.

Seems awful finicky this game and the mods inherit that too ;) Thanks for making the changes and I hope this ramble helps some people in future.

Cheers

Daemonicus
05-09-2013, 06:59 PM
เพื่อที่จะแกไขเก ส์นี้ให้เล่นได้ก บวินโด้ว7, จะต้องติดตั้งตาม ำดับดังนี้.
In order to edit this game to play with the new Win 7, will be installed in the following order.

01. 762_unofficial_english_patch1 Patch 0.97
02. 762_unofficial_english_patch2 Patch 0.98
03. 7.62_unofficial_patch_104
04. 762unofficial_patch106
05. Windows 7 Patch Fix for 7.62

Install 7.62 in a new folder, like C:\games\7.62\. Do not install the game in your Program Files or User folder.

- นำเสนอโดยข้าพเจ้ Daemonicus -
- Presented by me Daemonicus -

[14.54 น. 09/05/2556]

7.62 HIGH CALIBRE&Blue Sun Mod2.0 Pack
http://www.4shared.com/rar/h8seFRuc/762_HIGH_CALIBREBlue_Sun_Mod20.html