PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Overheating

Wacky Willy
05-29-2009, 11:25 PM
I've tried the King's Bounty demo and I love what I see and would love to buy it. Unfortunately I have a severe technical problem that makes that impossible.

When I start the game I get an acceptable framerate. However, my laptop quickly becomes hot to the touch and within five minutes my fan turns on high and the framerate goes choppy. According to this thread, I'm not alone in this problem (The thread also includes ideas as to what might be the problem)

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=51295

My laptop is a Dell Latitude D830 with a 2 GHz Dual Core CPU, 1 Gig of ram, and an Nvidia Quadro Graphics card. My version of DirectX is up-to-date using the web-based installer. No other game on my computer heats the laptop up this fast, not even games that are much more graphically intense.

Like I said, I would love to buy the game, but I won't if I think it will break my computer. Is there any way to stop this overheating problem?

kalidanthepalidan
06-22-2009, 04:21 AM
I've been experiencing intense overheating on my laptop (i can run Fallout 3, Unreal 3, etc fine) and have yet to find a solution. I'd think twice about buying if you are experiencing overheating with the demo.