PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer frustration

UnknownMan
05-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I played the game since three mounth... And now I must say that you cant play with 50% of the players in MoW...

1. A lot of gamers have computer from WW2, so I must wait for loading 5min... or the connection is so bad...
2. Russian Players dont want to speak in english... And if I speak in English they kick me out of the game... Im not nativ english speaker... but this is a game community... so I try to speak in english, like in every multiplayer game... so the people can understand me...
3. I have seen that a lot of gamers broke up the game because they lost...
4. Sometimes I have the feeling that some players sleep in game... why ever...

I like the game very much, but I have never seen players in multiplayer like in MoW... not in Company of heroes or Call of Duty... or anything else...

What can we make for a better Game Community... And "no i dont learn russian" for MoW:-) I speak for a lot of gamers from the Multiplayer... who said me the same... (sorry for my bad english;))

happy
05-29-2009, 08:08 PM
it can be rough going I agree, most of the time I host myself nowadays and it's refreshing to see and meet people who speak english, even some russians do.

I adhere to a difference in settings, and keep the army small and resources lower than normal to eliminate the hvy hvy tank tactics or hvy arty.

I must say that I've had the pleasure of playing with some nice people who I hope had a great time and have added me as a friend and I added them.

The interface is far from user friendly I find though as there is hardly a link to join them or invite them when hosting and even typing to them in the lobby, requires finding them and then typing them yet I fear it goes quickly unnoticed. Hopefully designers will in the future look to Hyperlobby for example. A join to room button added in the friends option would be great, joining a waiting lobby for a game to start.. maybe in the future!

Only ones my pc went down during hosting and I felt really bad, but was unable to type this to the people involved afterwards just because of gamespy format.

Nowadays I resort to mentioning the settings in description hoping people will see them and sometimes I will mention my callsign when hosting and keep a look out at other names that are hosting which I have had experienced good games.

Also experienced people leaving, even just 15min before the game end.. this can be easily avoided by communication and a bit more caution on the player part, but nevertheless when one talks to the gentlemen on his flank, you can also share troops thus helping your teammate out and help yourself knowing someone is on your flank, as you can only divert your attention to one area at the time.

Yet it's not seen as much and I tend to ask who's or how everybody is doing.. some reply and some don't.

Teamwork and communication make this game greater!

I also think that when a game is at an end and you are left with only a handfull of soldiers facing some adverse numbers and there is no hope on reinforcement and your spwn is under direct fire. It would be nice to have an option to raise a white flag.. that is after signaling to the others that you need troops and or they agree to send the white flag up.

As with all games it host are varied in there set up and gameplay
some like to bash everything with the heaviest of tanks, some care more
for infantry.. because of this diversity it will get more difficult to find the game you wish to play with others.. but once you do it can be a great experience and a darn good show!

S~

Happy

or as gamespy didn't allow for my original callsign happy-mow,
realising I should have opted for more space after the - as it now looks chinese. :-)