PDA

View Full Version : Another patch error (d3dx9_38.dll missing)

ademuzzy
05-29-2009, 09:27 AM
i get this message after i install the multi language patch on the website.

"MOW.exe - unable to load component

the application failed to start because d3dx9_38.dll was not found. reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

I have reinstalled both game and patch and still not working.

I have a boxed version of the game, can someone tell me what patch i actually need to what i need to do to get this patch working :(

Nike-it
05-29-2009, 09:41 AM
i get this message after i install the multi language patch on the website.

"MOW.exe - unable to load component

the application failed to start because d3dx9_38.dll was not found. reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

I have reinstalled both game and patch and still not working.

I have a boxed version of the game, can someone tell me what patch i actually need to what i need to do to get this patch working :(

Install recent DirectX. You will find it on official Microsoft website. This will solve your problem, and you don't need to install any other patch.
You can also download only requested file. Just use google. There are plenty of places, where you can get it.

jafloresl
06-01-2009, 10:45 PM
And with the dll file downloaded, is it just as simple as put it in the
"windows\system32\" folder?

Thank you.

jafloresl
06-02-2009, 12:01 AM
One comment, an Admin should change the title of this topic to something that includes the "d3dx9_38.dll" error, so anyone else who has the same problem will not open another topic similar as this.

jafloresl
06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
FYI, in my case, I downloaded the dll file, and just copied into the ..windows\system32\ folder and the game worked.

KiloAlpha4
06-05-2009, 04:59 PM
you can get it at http://www.softwarepatch.com/

DirectX 9.0c (March 2009 release)

----> http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

you have all up to date release dx and no mickey mousing around with dl'ind individual DX files and copying them to your system 32 folder. The game's included dx install is outdated.