PDA

View Full Version : Men of War 60% off at gamersgate

DMS|Instinct
05-25-2009, 03:25 PM
This offer is only for limited time thus make sure to get your hands on the game if you don't have it yet and spread the word across the world.

Link! (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MOW/men-of-war&aff=dms)

=)

DrGonzo
05-26-2009, 02:32 AM
Now if only it would download at a decent rate.
*slams head on keyboard*

Evilsausage
05-26-2009, 02:08 PM
hmm took like a little more then an hour to download it for me from gamersgate.

birdspider
05-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi, I'm new here so sorry if I tackle any forum rules I don't know about :)

I heard of gamersgate lately and it seems to be an interesting alternative, but there is a question that arose.

Does anyone know which way around the devs get more money ?
I suspect the gamersgate-distribution offers the dev team better money, but I might be wrong. I have virtually no insight in how this make-a-game/sell-a-game cashflow works, I was just wondering if, since there is no cd-production and whatever, the online way is "better" for the devs.

DMS|Instinct
06-09-2009, 12:13 PM
The deal has been expanded for another week, also for all other 1C games.

megakill
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi, I'm new here so sorry if I tackle any forum rules I don't know about :)

I heard of gamersgate lately and it seems to be an interesting alternative, but there is a question that arose.

Does anyone know which way around the devs get more money ?
I suspect the gamersgate-distribution offers the dev team better money, but I might be wrong. I have virtually no insight in how this make-a-game/sell-a-game cashflow works, I was just wondering if, since there is no cd-production and whatever, the online way is "better" for the devs.

Frankly - then if you want to maximize developer's profit - you should buy at 1cpublishing.com.
Gamersgate is probably the second best option, as those guys are not greedy.

The worst option is the retail shop - as here developers get money only after retail and distribution partner take their cut. And that's A LOT :-(