PDA

View Full Version : stuck right at the beginning...

softlad
05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
yeah, I have the same headbob problem that I've seen mentioned already (it looks like he's tripping his face off with the insane way it bounces around) and I can't even get through the hatch right when you start the game. Guy wakes up, I move his amphetamine-filled self to the hatch, open the hatch, crouch and nothing, he can't get in. I've tried moving him towards it from every angle, even tried going in backwards, but nothing still.
Is there any practical way to fix this, or is this just lulz moment at my expense? I've paid for the game, would quite like to play it >_<

Nike-it
05-25-2009, 07:07 AM
yeah, I have the same headbob problem that I've seen mentioned already (it looks like he's tripping his face off with the insane way it bounces around) and I can't even get through the hatch right when you start the game. Guy wakes up, I move his amphetamine-filled self to the hatch, open the hatch, crouch and nothing, he can't get in. I've tried moving him towards it from every angle, even tried going in backwards, but nothing still.
Is there any practical way to fix this, or is this just lulz moment at my expense? I've paid for the game, would quite like to play it >_<

Try to look in the other threads, there are "saves" posted just after the fitst door.

softlad
05-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Thankyou for the response, in the end I managed to finally trick it in to booting me into the next room by closing the door, given I couldn't get the DL for the save files to work. Still having the annoying head bob thing, although it didn't start until until I got into the room after the corridoor the hatch is attached to.

drakenhound
10-01-2009, 05:34 AM
i just registered to awnser this... since im not really into forums. but i thought it would be worthwile for anyone to bump into this problem (seems it's very popular)

I just installed the game (i admit, i downloaded the game as where i live, buying original is impossible, no one, not even stores do. so you either have to mail order them or buy them out of the country) no patch no nothing, out of the "box" (just a crack), and i encountered the aforementioned problem...

I went into the video settings and turned of antiailasing and anisotropic filtering, also the motion blurs (that actually make me dizzy, instead of bringing inmersion or whatever to the game (the dizzy part has never happened to me, so it got me worried)) and it worked like a charm... i could enter the door with no problem.

Im used to playing DOS games nowdays, so graphics are not an issue for me, so if my gaming sucks, i just set everything to min (or off if it can) and see how it runs. if it's smooth enough, it's good enough.